Trump's false claims about disaster response are beyond the pale

Prove me wrong.
That's not how we typically do things.

here's why:
The fallacy of shifting the burden of proof, also known as the appeal to ignorance fallacy, occurs when someone claims a statement is true unless proven false. This fallacy incorrectly shifts the burden of proof from the person making the claim to the person who is skeptical.

When someone uses their assumptions as facts then they have no proof that you are wrong. Then, when you provide proof then they dispute it and you end up in the same cycle of having to prove it again. The fact is I could give him 3 different answers of which he will not accept. What have I accomplished. He can choose to accept what I said or not. He has not provided any information to the contrary except based on his assumptions. I could show the hard headed kid, maybe an adult but who know a spreadsheet breakdown and he would not accept it and we would be back to square on.
Nickels and dimes add up. 2B was cheap in my opinion, but it is what it is. Federalizing NG and bringing in Active Duty soldiers adds up as well.
It is what it is, been going on for years. Natural disasters are not cheap and everybody takes advantage of the system.
IOWs he will not accept any answer given.

here's why:
The fallacy of shifting the burden of proof, also known as the appeal to ignorance fallacy, occurs when someone claims a statement is true unless proven false. This fallacy incorrectly shifts the burden of proof from the person making the claim to the person who is skeptical.
When someone uses their assumptions as facts then they have no proof that you are wrong. Then, when you provide proof then they dispute it and you end up in the same cycle of having to prove it again. The fact is I could give him 3 different answers of which he will not accept. What have I accomplished. He can choose to accept what I said or not. He has not provided any information to the contrary except based on his assumptions. I could show the hard headed kid, maybe an adult but who know a spreadsheet breakdown and he would not accept it and we would be back to square on.
Nickels and dimes add up. 2B was cheap in my opinion, but it is what it is. Federalizing NG and bringing in Active Duty soldiers adds up as well.
It is what it is, been going on for years. Natural disasters are not cheap and everybody takes advantage of the system.
IOWs he will not accept any answer given.

Once again, no proof. You cant provide 3 answers because you have yet to provide 1. I have asked for proof and you cant provide. I have provided audited FEMA results and you have provided worthless gibberish.

You confused total damages for Fed cost. The "Fed cost" you refer to is the exact same as the total damages. You have continued to quadruple down on it. There is this thing called insurance and most of the damage in both events were insured and you cant double dip fed pmts and insurance. For example, over 20% of the total 2B damage for 2010 floods was just from Gaylord and Opry Mills. Both companies stated in court filings and financial stmts they were insured and received nothing Feds. This is more proof...i.e, the thing you have none of.

Since you didnt want to provide proof, I pulled all of the individual and public assistance for the entire state for May 2010 and March 2020 as well as Waverly

May 2010: $169,456,891.27
Mar 2020: $ 2,930,471.37 and $63,915,998.99
Waverly: $ 8,138,893.57 and $39,680,311.24 (mostly new schools)

Makes sense flooding is so much higher due to lack of insurance.

Last edited:
They should have increased the number of border agents and put resources into the process to expedite consideration of asylum claims.

Sort of like the bipartisan bill earlier this year would have done, until Trump intervene to prevent its passage for his own political advantage.

And riddle me this: if Trump really was all about actually solving this problem why didn't he act when he had GOP control of the House and the Senate for two years ????

It's because they don't actually want to solve it. It is too valuable an issue to run on every 4 years.
So you were all for HR2 which passed the house but died on Schumers desk in 2023? That bill did all those things without the funding for Ukraine

The FEMA budget for housing, food and health care has been spent on illegals, but no budget is left for those in North Carolina. Nice priorities for the Harris Administration.

Of all the utter incompetence.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Wednesday that there is not enough money available for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to meet the needs of the communities affected by Hurricane Helene.

The FEMA budget for housing, food and health care has been spent on illegals, but no budget is left for those in North Carolina. Nice priorities for the Harris Administration.

Of all the utter incompetence.

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said Wednesday that there is not enough money available for the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to meet the needs of the communities affected by Hurricane Helene.

As I have said before, the left in particular absolutely hates the average American.

here's why:

McDad was an uncredited stunt double in the movie “ Magic Mike “ and “AquaMan” when they needed a real man for the dangerous stuff

The federal government has no real ability to tell people they need a permit. They restricted air traffic, a-holes, but no they can't stop people from helping.

The federal government is a complete menace to society. Let property get destroyed, let people die, let animals die, etc. and then... pay people.

Just get the federal government out.

Reactions: InVOLuntary

here's why:
He made the claim I put numbers up. I surprised that it was that low. It was probably higher. He can research all he wants by I will easily stand by my numbers. Don't care if he believes me or not.
I can attack anything he states but I will not. TIFWIW. Federal Govt handouts are abused.
The 2B was the greater Nashville Area and still low, but it didn't break the state. Not sure how much the State paid vs the Fed.
If a person thinks that they are going on the internet and justify a for/against argument then they are pissing in the wind. At least go to the right area vs quoting a bunch or articles with assumptions.
Natural disasters are costly events.
Insurance does not cover it all so do, sounds good but not the reality. There are areas that both the Fed and State paid that are not listed in those articles.
So sorry he can do what he needs to do the thump his chest and maintain his pride, but he is just wrong. I don't have to prove anything, because I know and he doesn't especially, if he has to use the internet as his source to do so.

Here's why any monetary, supplies, clothing, etc. donations are being turned away.

No matter what level of government (local, state, fed) they all have preferred vendors. If FEMA is bypassed by citizens donating anything and everything, FEMA's preferred vendors aren't making money and will voice their concern and FEMA can't take those preferred vendor "donations" that FEMA is actually paying them for and turn around and make 500% upcharge.

It is what it is. With that said, FEMA shouldn't be running off the civilians with helicopters. They should welcome them to save as many people as possible.

I saw a post from Tim Burchett (Knoxville representative in the House) post earlier about misinformation stating "National Guard is helping, there's 401 of them."

Tennessee has almost 11,000 NG and there is 8 counties that has declared an emergency. You would think at least half of the 11,000 would be spread out in these 8 counties if not more.

Reactions: Cod
Here's why any monetary, supplies, clothing, etc. donations are being turned away.

No matter what level of government (local, state, fed) they all have preferred vendors. If FEMA is bypassed by citizens donating anything and everything, FEMA's preferred vendors aren't making money and will voice their concern and FEMA can't take those preferred vendor "donations" that FEMA is actually paying them for and turn around and make 500% upcharge.

It is what it is. With that said, FEMA shouldn't be running off the civilians with helicopters. They should welcome them to save as many people as possible.

I saw a post from Tim Burchett (Knoxville representative in the House) post earlier about misinformation stating "National Guard is helping, there's 401 of them."

Tennessee has almost 11,000 NG and there is 8 counties that has declared an emergency. You would think at least half of the 11,000 would be spread out in these 8 counties if not more.
It is just not that simple. For example, some of them work Tema or law enforcement or jobs they cannot afford to leave. Even those working for utility companies cannot leave. Most support will come from Active Duty units but may not be in numbers you think. Equipment as well dispersed not to affect readiness of Active Duty.

It is just not that simple. For example, some of them work Tema or law enforcement or jobs they cannot afford to leave. Even those working for utility companies cannot leave. Most support will come from Active Duty units but may not be in numbers you think. Equipment as well dispersed not to affect readiness of Active Duty.
The preferred vendors is absolutely correct. Vendors can be anything from water to heavy equipment. TEMA is doing the same as FEMA. They also have "preferred" vendors.

As for the NG, some employer's will make up the difference in pay while they are gone. They also get paid monthly for being in the NG. So I get some may not be able to afford it. Which brings me back to allowing citizens to come in and help any way they can.

I was all over during Katrina, never saw anyone in the NG doing any kind of work. The federal government has no real business being around, the NG is kind of just there to help in having a presence in these situations.

FEMA will show up and that is when the fraud, waste and abuse really starts.... they are of no real use.

We have people trying to get animal supplies out that way today. (we're donating a small amount)

The government doesn't exist, when it comes down to it.... people do.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

VN Store

Back