Trump's false claims about disaster response are beyond the pale

@lawgator1 was the Biden administration also beyond the pale for the past three years they denied the border was a disaster and spent down most of our emergency/disaster money leaving us exposed should any more hurricanes or natural disasters hit................. All while claiming those opposing their open border policy were just being racist and there was no problem?

Seems pretty"beyond the pale" to me.

Thats surprising.

Does FEMA hire local equipment? Get on loan from state authorities? or stay out of that aspect of emergency respone?
They contract and coordinate outside entities on behalf of the Federal government. Power lines, communications companies and other service type organizations. All this should be in past tense because things may have changed since I worked in that Field of Expertise. Other States sometimes send assistance for recovery free of charge. FEMA was primarily a coordinating agency functioning in a command post consisting of 14 areas.

Last edited:
Reactions: McDad
@lawgator1 was the Biden administration also beyond the pale for the past three years they denied the border was a disaster and spent down most of our emergency/disaster money leaving us exposed should any more hurricanes or natural disasters hit................. All while claiming those opposing their open border policy were just being racist and there was no problem?

Seems pretty"beyond the pale" to me.

They should have increased the number of border agents and put resources into the process to expedite consideration of asylum claims.

Sort of like the bipartisan bill earlier this year would have done, until Trump intervene to prevent its passage for his own political advantage.

And riddle me this: if Trump really was all about actually solving this problem why didn't he act when he had GOP control of the House and the Senate for two years ????

It's because they don't actually want to solve it. It is too valuable an issue to run on every 4 years.

Jeremy Pruitt should run FEMA

Stupid, incompetent, and capable of evacuating 100,000 people in a timely manner...
Where are you going to evacuate them to? You would be surprised at how many don't want to leave their homes even though it is gone or a pile of rubbish. In a multistate disaster nothing available, but people will open up their homes to strangers. FEMA at one time would stage double wide trailers not sure if they still do.

Where are you going to evacuate them to? You would be surprised at how many don't want to leave their homes even though it is gone or a pile of rubbish. In a multistate disaster nothing available, but people will open up their homes to strangers. FEMA at one time would stage double wide trailers not sure if they still do.

Dude, you know my comment was a joke at Pruitt's expense....

Reactions: GordonC

Trump has lied and cited non existent evidence that people in need in NC are being short changed on assistance based on being in Republican areas. As usual, it's a "some people are saying" scenario where he dodges being held to account for what he says.

Trump has also falsely claimed that the administration has ignored requests for help from Georgia.

Trump is just a complete ashhole.
Actually you’re the ash hole. Trump is the good guy.

I do have first hand experience with some of these as I was on the ground. I will tell you in the 80's and the 90's FEMA could not coordinate anything correctly. Had zero concept of Cmd and Control. Some would over contract or request for assistance in areas not needed or under request supplies in area where supplies were needed.

It was a very political untrained organization. From what I gathered it improved over the years with training and better organization. I was on the ground for Hugo, Andrew, SF Earthquake and a few others as well. As an Evaluator and DCO for the Military Opns. All In between 2 deployments, total of 3.
Next time you drive through Memphis noticed the long stretches' of I40 and I240 - 22 - 24 inches of poured concrete. A reason for the thickness? Yes.
When there's tractor trailer loads of supplies, that's been donated by citizens, being turned away, because FEMA isn't making money off of them, it's time to burn it to the ground and start over.

Wrong place, Wrong time, Wrong thread for a Jeremy Pruitt Joke. There is a whole section devoted to football. Try using some discretion in your comments.

We can use more of your fence sitting comments justifying FEMA waste coupled with false, bogus comparisons to actual damages that FEMA paid in an attempt to justify their waste....

I do have first hand experience with some of these as I was on the ground. I will tell you in the 80's and the 90's FEMA could not coordinate anything correctly. Had zero concept of Cmd and Control. Some would over contract or request for assistance in areas not needed or under request supplies in area where supplies were needed.

It was a very political untrained organization. From what I gathered it improved over the years with training and better organization. I was on the ground for Hugo, Andrew, SF Earthquake and a few others as well. As an Evaluator and DCO for the Military Opns. All In between 2 deployments, total of 3.
Next time you drive through Memphis noticed the long stretches' of I40 and I240 - 22 - 24 inches of poured concrete. A reason for the thickness? Yes.
First hand experience in the 80s and 90s? Sounds like we're about the same age.

Had no idea about the thickness of the concrete but not surprised by it given the proximity of the New Madrid fault. Good info.

I understand where you're coming from, but still believe private efforts can, overall, respond and adjust faster to situations than a government bureaucracy.

Reactions: Sudden Impact
When there's tractor trailer loads of supplies, that's been donated by citizens, being turned away, because FEMA isn't making money off of them, it's time to burn it to the ground and start over.
Governor Lee stated tonight that nothing was being turned away. I don't think any of the other Governors' are turning away support. I haven't bother to go through Social Media to research any of these incidents but would find it hard to believe to be true. Didn't address it because I don't want to get into a forum argument with someone who may be working off a rumor.
Any items sent to that area that is on the list will not be turned away. Canned goods, water, clothing, blankets and on and on. It will be put to good use and it will continue to roll into the area.

Jokes have always been an appropriate way to handle ****** situations.
This is one time I disagree with you. You have your opinion so be it. The people in these areas are not telling jokes right now I can tell you that and it will probably be a while before they have something to laugh about.

VN Store

Back