Trump's false claims about disaster response are beyond the pale

Oh I'm concerned but also calling out those who are unconcerned like yourself.

Let me guess...abortion and existential threat to democracy are your top voting concerns?
So “concerned” that it turned into tribal BS within zero seconds, because the concern didn’t exist outside of politics

People don’t do that on either side, many have said insane things about Obama/Biden/Harris. Usually it’s not the candidate refusing to address someone by their actual name though
So is that different from Biden and Harris using Trumps actual name but then calling him “a threat to democracy” or “a dictator”?
Many would find being called a silly nickname infinitely preferable to being named the next Hitler.
I certainly would

The preferred vendors is absolutely correct. Vendors can be anything from water to heavy equipment. TEMA is doing the same as FEMA. They also have "preferred" vendors.

As for the NG, some employer's will make up the difference in pay while they are gone. They also get paid monthly for being in the NG. So I get some may not be able to afford it. Which brings me back to allowing citizens to come in and help any way they can.
I think that the NG are doing what they can. Only 401 soldiers and guess what TEMA in TN works under the Command and Control of the TN National Guard. So it is not hard to find soldiers its the requests and assessments made to ID the needs. ESGR ensures that employers will make up the difference in pay.

As far as the items confiscated, more than likely it is a True statement. Logistics for supplies can be a nightmare if it is not coordinated. I saw this happen several times in the past.

For Example, FEMA directs a 1,000 cases to a location. A donated trailer of 2,000 cases of water shows up unexpectedly at the same drop point. As a result, you have 3,000 cases of water at one site when it could have been used at 2 other sites. Try to spread the assets out with enough resources for the next resupply.

It is hard to manage, but get the resources out based on size of population and need. Americans will keep resupplying these areas as much that is needed.

So is that different from Biden and Harris using Trumps actual name but then calling him “a threat to democracy” or “a dictator”?
Many would find being called a silly nickname infinitely preferable to being named the next Hitler.
I certainly would
Same as the communist/Marxist stuff from the right, and yes that is entirely separate from lacking the decency to use someone’s name without creating a stupid nickname

Same as the communist/Marxist stuff from the right, and yes that is entirely separate from lacking the decency to use someone’s name without creating a stupid nickname
Oh come on now. This is Volnation. How many silly nicknames have we used over the years for Nick Satan, Kirby not so Smart, Lame Kiffin, and the rest of our football enemies? 😉

Reactions: whodeycin85

Trump has lied and cited non existent evidence that people in need in NC are being short changed on assistance based on being in Republican areas. As usual, it's a "some people are saying" scenario where he dodges being held to account for what he says.

Trump has also falsely claimed that the administration has ignored requests for help from Georgia.

Trump is just a complete ashhole.
As always, you shoot your shot too soon and miss. At least David says what you don’t want to admit. And, Trump was right again.

Reactions: BreatheUT
Oh come on now. This is Volnation. How many silly nicknames have we used over the years for Nick Satan, Kirby not so Smart, Lame Kiffin, and the rest of our football enemies? 😉
Maybe you have, I was never one of the people that thought “Lame Kitten” or whatever was clever or funny and would have questions about the maturity/intelligence of a presidential candidate who acts like a homer VN poster

Very telling. This is what a lot of people are thinking what's going on here.
So it's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "Yea let's F those swing states. That'll help us win this election." Not everyone who lives in Asheville is a Dem.

Katrina didn't take forever bc Bush was racist
This **** is hard
The government is bloated with layers of bureaucracy
The government is incompetent in many areas

So it's about the dumbest thing I've ever heard. "Yea let's F those swing states. That'll help us win this election." Not everyone who lives in Asheville is a Dem.

Katrina didn't take forever bc Bush was racist
This **** is hard
The government is bloated with layers of bureaucracy
The government is incompetent

It is a devious idea but it came straight from Axlerod. We have to think most of the rural mountain folk are conservatives. Every vote matters in a tight swing state.

Let's just reword what Axlerod said - this disaster my hurt Trump turnout more than Harris. That is what Axelrod is saying without sounding totally inhumane.

You never know with this stuff as there is info coming from everywhere but some are saying the government response is infuriating even democrats within these states.

It is a devious idea but it came straight from Axlerod. We have to think most of the rural mountain folk are conservatives. Every vote matters in a tight swing state.

Let's just reword what Axlerod said - this disaster my hurt Trump turnout more than Harris. That is what Axelrod is saying without sounding totally inhumane.

You never know with this stuff as there is info coming from everywhere but some are saying the government response is infuriating even democrats within these states.
It didn’t come straight from Axelrod at all. The “this is why they aren’t helping, they benefit from this” was entirely added by Clay Travis

Reactions: volfanhill
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp on Thursday made repeated pleas to President Joe Biden to increase the number of counties under emergency declaration related to the impacts of Hurricane Helene.

The Category 4 Hurricane Helene made landfall last week, wreaking havoc across the southeast U.S. The storm killed more than 200 people across multiple states, making it one of the deadliest in U.S. history.

A state of emergency allows a government to use policies it would not normally have power to enact. These are often declared in the wake of a tragedy, such as a natural disaster or armed conflict.

Gov. Kemp during an interview with WRDW said Biden had initially limited the state’s emergency resources by allowing emergency declarations in only 11 counties of the Peach State.

Some of the frustration, when the first emergency declarations came down, there was only 11 counties in that,” the Republican governor said. “A lot of people were outraged, including me, because there was such devastation in up to 90 counties."

"So we called the White House,” he added.
“We spoke to the president’s chief of staff, the FEMA administrator and said, 'look, you’re sending the signal that you’re not paying attention to some of these rural communities.' Immediately, almost, they added an additional 30 counties.”

The state has 41 counties under emergency declarations due to the storm, the governor said. He added that he expects this number to go as high as 90.

In a Thursday post via X, the governor thanked Biden for visiting to survey the damage caused by Hurricane Helene. He also noted he pushed the president again to increase the counties under emergency declarations.

VN Store

Back