Trump's Taxes

Basically, the only thing illegal that went on is that someone leaked his taxes. Good one libs. This kind of **** is problematic. And people cry that quality candidates don’t run for office. Who would want to be subjected to this? In fact I’d wager that Trumps finances are more on the up and up than other politicians. The ones getting rich through public office...

What a dumb take.

Do you generally pay more than you are supposed to or do you minimize taxes to the extent that you can?

You got one of two things: He's a fraud who did some shoddy things to get his tax bill down so low, or he acted within the rules to get his tax bill so low. I don't think the "forgotten men and women of America" are going to be warm to an alleged billionaire paying $750/year in federal taxes. He's been in charge for nearly 4 years AND HAS SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSED TAX REFORM. He didn't change anything that made the ultra-wealthy pay more. Now if you're one of those forgotten men earning 45k a year and filing a 1040ez, I think you'd be a little pissed if you voted for a guy who was going to drain the swamp and look out for your interests, no?

You got one of two things: He's a fraud who did some shoddy things to get his tax bill down so low, or he acted within the rules to get his tax bill so low. I don't think the "forgotten men and women of America" are going to be warm to an alleged billionaire paying $750/year in federal taxes. He's been in charge for nearly 4 years AND HAS SPECIFICALLY ADDRESSED TAX REFORM. He didn't change anything that made the ultra-wealthy pay more. Now if you're one of those forgotten men earning 45k a year and filing a 1040ez, I think you'd be a little pissed if you voted for a guy who was going to drain the swamp and look out for your interests, no?

But do you use a 1040EZ or do you takedeductions to minimize taxes?

In other words... you've got nothing as far as illegal activity. And the argument that the wealthy haven't been made to pay more is a complete nonstarter since that's not the way income tax works in the first place. This is the whole reason why tax returns don't get released. I'm sure everything in the has been through a CPA firm and tax attorney's hands... and it will get twisted by people with journalism degrees to create envy amony 1040EZ users who don't know or care about tax deductions.

From what I can tell he made about 73 million in refunds on these schemes over about 15 years, so on average we citizens have been paying him roughly 5 million dollars a year just to run his failed business.

It is almost like American has it's own incorrigible, immature, trust fund addicted prodigal son. No wonder he wants to squat in the company housing even if he gets fired in November.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
From what I can tell he made about 73 million in refunds on these schemes over about 15 years, so on average we citizens have been paying him roughly 5 million dollars a year just to run his failed business.

It is almost like American has it's own incorrigible, immature, trust fund addicted prodigal son. No wonder he wants to squat in the company housing even if he gets fired in November.

Another post that confirms that it was a wise decision not to release his returns.

Reactions: GAVol
Yep. IMO he is using them shuffle his money and debt around perpetually.
My guess is the multitude of "Marks" entities is to take advantage of the varying tax treatment of trademarks from state to state and across the globe. You see lots of management fee companies in his structure too and those have varying tax treatment from state to state and country to country much like trademark companies. Again, he's just taking advantage of the disparity in tax laws from state to state (and country to country).

I'd assume the number of LLCs is to limit risk with each venture (i.e. if one goes bankrupt, it doesn't take down the entire structure).

Basically, the only thing illegal that went on is that someone leaked his taxes. Good one libs. This kind of **** is problematic. And people cry that quality candidates don’t run for office. Who would want to be subjected to this? In fact I’d wager that Trumps finances are more on the up and up than other politicians. The ones getting rich through public office...
And you honestly believe that the Trumps haven't tried to enrich themselves through Donald Trump's office? That there haven't been emoluments clause violations? That the Saudi government wasn't spending hundreds of thousands at his D.C. hotel? There is a disconnect with reality when it comes to the way Trump's supporters defend him. Nobody is this delusional.

Of all the Trump apologists on Fox, Hemingway is particularly irritating. She has this way of speaking that, as in this example, is, "oh pshaw! No big deal and its obvious and here's why" as she glides over key facts and minimizes the enormous leaps of logic in her commentary.

Very annoying person. The definition of pseudo-intellectual.

turrible.jpeg

Reactions: AM64 and Rifleman
Another post that confirms that it was a wise decision not to release his returns.

It is generally a good idea to hide stuff from voters that you know voters won't like, yes.

But only if the voters don't find out anyway. Then, the price you pay is going to be a little higher.

Also, I think Trump is quite proud of the topline refunds he received. It is the likely fraud he committed and the extent and origin of his debts that he wants us to not know about.

My guess is the multitude of "Marks" entities is to take advantage of the varying tax treatment of trademarks from state to state and across the globe. You see lots of management fee companies in his structure too and those have varying tax treatment from state to state and country to country much like trademark companies. Again, he's just taking advantage of the disparity in tax laws from state to state (and country to country).

I'd assume the number of LLCs is to limit risk with each venture (i.e. if one goes bankrupt, it doesn't take down the entire structure).
He did rollup quiet a few of his LLC's into his bankruptcies.

It is generally a good idea to hide stuff from voters that you know voters won't like, yes.

But only if the voters don't find out anyway. Then, the price you pay is going to be a little higher.

Also, I think Trump is quite proud of the topline refunds he received. It is the likely fraud he committed and the extent and origin of his debts that he wants us to not know about.
You're not one to generally go in for this kind of speculative-gotcha-stuff.

I don't know if you're serious.

You must be one of the people that fascinates me.

Do you believe that Obama was also unreasonably and unfairly persecuted by trump for "only" paying 20% when he paid <1%?
I think Mr Trump shouldn't shoot his mouth off like that. However, Mr Trump, through his businesses has put more money in the treasury than Zero could ever dream of. If he pays little to nothing personally then I say bully for him. I wish my accountant was as good or that I had the resources to take advantage of in order to pay similar taxes.

Why does lefty vilify those that pay their fair share when that usually involves someone that makes more than they? Why doesn't lefty want to reduce taxes on everybody instead of raising them on only a few?

Reactions: AM64

Are you serious? Have you ever filled out a tax return? I can imagine that Trumps taxes face as much scrutiny as anyones do and the IRS isn't going to turn a blind eye to him or anyone else with complicated returns.

Oh horse ****. He knew exactly how the MSM and Dems would play them and he was right. The vast majority of people either don't give a crap or would understand if the information was presented factually and not twisted to fit an agenda.

Reactions: VolStrom

VN Store

Back