• Did Not Meet Expectations - Lean Right

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • Exceeded Expectations - Lean Left

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • Did Not Meet Expectations - Lean Left

Votes: 31 17.8%

• Total voters
He didn't "eff" up everything.
Budget, Foreign relations, bipartisan anything. I am sure I could go on and on.

How often were we saying Trump was his own worst enemy. If he had just stfu and got out of the way things would be a lot better and i would be more inclined to agree with you. But he didnt, so yeah, he effed up pretty much everything he touched.

In a relative world, he didnt fail completely as I expected. But in an absolute sense he was stil a failure.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

I don't get how anybody can look at America right now and think he was a success. It's a complete **** show. Blame to go all around but he led us here. America looks completely different and better right now if we have somebody like Kasich. Probably going into his second term.

He intentionally divided us instead of uniting us and DC is nastier than ever and it's getting scary.

Budget, Foreign relations, bipartisan anything. I am sure I could go on and on.

How often were we saying Trump was his own worst enemy. If he had just stfu and got out of the way things would be a lot better and i would be more inclined to agree with you. But he didnt, so yeah, he effed up pretty much everything he touched.

I think he improved foreign relations. Letting our "allies" know that we will not be their doormat and defender is an improvement in my book. Hell look at the ME, peace accords happening right and left and you consider that ****ing up?

You're starting to sound like volfanhill.

Reactions: AM64 and tnmarktx
I don't get how anybody can look at America right now and think he was a success. It's a complete **** show. Blame to go all around but he led us here. America looks completely different and better right now if we have somebody like Kasich. Probably going into his second term.

He intentionally divided us instead of uniting us and DC is nastier than ever and it's getting scary.

You say blame to go around, but you focus on Trump specifically and parrot the media narrative of him being a divider.

If blame is to go around, place blame at every person it belongs too.

Because he's the first president that was different in decades. The establishment (dems/rep) were p!ssed and have waged war on him.

Reactions: AM64
Because he's the first president that was different in decades. The establishment (dems/rep) were p!ssed and have waged war on him.

They wage war on every R president, just like R's and Fox News did whatever they could to crush Obama. He didn't take the high road like his predecessors and now we are where we are...with D's in charge of the WH and both houses of congress with the precedent that we can spend however much we want and give out as many handouts as we want. It's going to continue to be terrible.

I said this 2 years ago and now it's even more apparent

I've been a skeptic of the media a long time, and have tried to encourage others to look at the media skeptically, but this "fake news" phenomenon has been bad for our democracy. Now we just use the idea that fake news exists to dismiss anything we don't like. Someone dismissed a poll I shared here yesterday, simply because it was from NPR.

One big problem is that Trump has no credibility, and he is leading the attack against the media, so liberals just look at his accusations and say "you lie worse than anybody" and dismiss his often valid attacks against the MSM.

Maybe the guy accusing everybody of lying shouldn't be a known liar...just saying.

They wage war on every R president, just like R's and Fox News did whatever they could to crush Obama. He didn't take the high road like his predecessors and now we are where we are...with D's in charge of the WH and both houses of congress with the precedent that we can spend however much we want and give out as many handouts as we want. It's going to continue to be terrible.
No, you misunderstood what I said. There are career politicians both republican and democrat that have a globalist view of how american policy and governance should be. Trump was the first president that I can remember who went against that. I've never saw the media unilaterally go against a president like this one. The other side has a ton of responsibility for the division. When a person can feel like they are shunned by half the country all for just supporting a candidate, being called an extremist, terrorist, racists, and insurrectionsist something is very wrong with that.

No, you misunderstood what I said. There are career politicians both republican and democrat that have a globalist view of how american policy and governance should be. Trump was the first president that I can remember who went against that. I've never saw the media unilaterally go against a president like this one. The other side has a ton of responsibility for the division. When a person can feel like they are shunned by half the country all for just supporting a candidate, being called an extremist, terrorist, racists, and insurrectionsist something is very wrong with that.

I didn't misunderstand you. You think it's about him being an outsider. He got attacked like every Republican and he fought back tooth and nail. He went all-out war on the media. He went all-out war on his opponents within and outside his party. This is the difference between him and his predecessors. This is the reason it's different this time. It's the reason it got to this point.

I didn't misunderstand you. You think it's about him being an outsider. He got attacked like every Republican and he fought back tooth and nail. He went all-out war on the media. He went all-out war on his opponents within and outside his party. This is the difference between him and his predecessors. This is the reason it's different this time. It's the reason it got to this point.
We should turn this debate into a different direction. Do you think we should continue to disproportionally give out foreign aid? How about all the pointless wars, are you for those? Do you think the globalist governance way that America has been doing for decades is better then the America first, nationalistic way of governance? Make no mistake about it, the pushback against a nationalistic populist movement by globalists is massive. The tactics they use for the pushback is borderline criminal, if not outright.

I think he improved foreign relations. Letting our "allies" know that we will not be their doormat and defender is an improvement in my book. Hell look at the ME, peace accords happening right and left and you consider that ****ing up?

You're starting to sound like volfanhill.
But the way he went about it was the issue. He let them know we werent a doormat but being obnoxious AF.

Think about business, you can lay down the law without being a dick. Trump was just a dick. It may have corrected some things for some nations, but it still strains the relation part of the foreign relations.

The ME is definitely the biggest thing to his credit but you never heard about Trumps involvement until it was all done. I think he learned from dealings with NK to not count those eggs before they hatch.

We should turn this debate into a different direction. Do you think we should continue to disproportionally give out foreign aid? How about all the pointless wars, are you for those? Do you think the globalist governance way that America has been doing for decades is better then the America first, nationalistic way of governance? Make no mistake about it, the pushback against a nationalistic populist movement by globalists is massive. The tactics they use for the pushback is borderline criminal, if not outright.
Spot on.

None of this got fixed. I'm not even sure any of it got better. Trump talked the talk but didn't walk it. Besides all the talk, you wouldn't notice one bit of difference in our foreign intervention. Record bombs in Afghanistan

None of this got fixed. I'm not even sure any of it got better. Trump talked the talk but didn't walk it.

He at least made an attempt. We didn't get into any new wars and he chided other countries to pay their fair share. Like I stated before, the pushback by the globalist movement is massive even within our governement. I would argue that is pushing the divisiveness more than anything else.

He at least made an attempt. We didn't get into any new wars and he chided other countries to pay their fair share. Like I stated before, the pushback by the globalist movement is massive even within our governement. I would argue that is pushing the divisiveness more than anything else.

Agreed. Trump is far from perfect but I do believe he was fighting for America, especially chiding other countries.

Fake news. He's the commander in chief. All it takes to reverse our foreign policy direction is his word. He doesn't need congress. He doesn't need the media. He doesn't need anybody. It's his call entirely. There was no real attempt. Just ******** politics

Fake news. He's the commander in chief. All it takes to reverse our foteign policy direction is his word. He doesn't need congress. He doesn't need the media. He doesn't need anybody. It's his call entirely. There was no real attempt. Just ******** politics
Holy sh!t. They have had now two sham impeachments, the congress has done damage to the powers of the president that will bite them in the a$$ in the long run. Furthermore, if you think the president has supreme power and doesn't need congress to do anything, you don't know how our government works anyway. Bottom line on the division, if I'm labled as a domestic terrorist just for the support of a certain candidate or having a unique opinion, I will walk away from that and never stop pushing back against it. I'll go to my grave fighting it. There will never be any type of unity ever. If you think that's Trump's fault or mine, so be it.

But the way he went about it was the issue. He let them know we werent a doormat but being obnoxious AF.

Think about business, you can lay down the law without being a dick. Trump was just a dick. It may have corrected some things for some nations, but it still strains the relation part of the foreign relations.

The ME is definitely the biggest thing to his credit but you never heard about Trumps involvement until it was all done. I think he learned from dealings with NK to not count those eggs before they hatch.

There is a time and place to be a dick in business but I will agree he went dick too often.

Holy sh!t. They have had now two sham impeachments, the congress has done damage to the powers of the president that will bite them in the a$$ in the long run. Furthermore, if you think the president has supreme power and doesn't need congress to do anything, you don't know how our government works anyway. Bottom line on the division, if I'm labled as a domestic terrorist just for the support of a certain candidate or having a unique opinion, I will walk away from that and never stop pushing back against it. I'll go to my grave fighting it. There will never be any type of unity ever. If you think that's Trump's fault or mine, so be it.

The context is foreign interventionist policy, not "anything".

If you don't think he changed foreign policy you're delusional. Again, with extreme pushback.

He mostly just moved pieces around the board. Lots of talk. No meaningful change in direction actually happened. As I already stated, record bombs in Afghanistan.

He had all the power he needed to bring troops home and he brought home like 30k troops, which may sound like a lot but 150k were brought home under Obama, so Trump slowed the progress we were making in that regard.

1611075311653.png

He mostly just moved pieces around the board. Lots of talk. No meaningful change in direction actually happened. As I already stated, record bombs in Afghanistan.

He had all the power he needed to bring troops home and he brought home like 30k troops, which may sound like a lot but 150k were brought home under Obama, so Trump slowed the progress we were making in that regard.

View attachment 340759
If you don't think his foreign policy is vastly different than the Obama/Biden admin, you're just being dishonest. Nobody could be that dumb.

If you don't think his foreign policy is vastly different than the Obama/Biden admin, you're just being dishonest. Nobody could be that dumb.

Comprehensive foreign policy? It's different. The ranking of bogeymen changed. He ramped up a trade war. He implemented travel bans. Tactfully calling friends "shithole countries". Lots of stuff is different. I'm talking about our foreign interventions. You keep trying to expand the conversation because you're having difficulty with my points.

Nothing about our interventionist foreign policy is vastly different. You can say it is until your blue in the face, but I've been laying out facts that refute that and all you have to say is that I'm delusional and dishonest, or you make the implication that I'm dumb.

Reactions: Ashevolle

VN Store

Back