Tucker Carlson Obsession Thread (merged)

MSNBC's Joy-Ann Reid on Saturday apologized for her past “hurtful” remarks about LGBTQ people, following the resurfacing of homophobic blog posts from the mid-to-late 2000s. But she also said that she still doesn’t “believe” that she wrote the blog posts, suggesting — without evidence — that they were the result of an elaborate hack.:eek:

Sloppy and careless with facts, Joy Reid is MSNBC's shame

What are the odds that Tucker tries to dodge his own controversy by arguing tonight that affirmative action is the motivating reason behind the college admissions scandal

What are the odds that Tucker tries to dodge his own controversy by arguing tonight that affirmative action is the motivating reason behind the college admissions scandal
You are probably on to something. I bet he resigns immediately after he says that. He will undoubtedly meet the all the disgraced Virginia politicians on the way out..

I'm stupid, but what does the Q part of LGBTQ part represent other than Queer? What exactly is a queer?

It's a choose your own adventure acronym.
So the LGBT part wasn't descriptive enough so they came up with a if your sexuality doesn't fit the mold you're a Q? I'm trying to imagine what that is, but okay.

I'm stupid, but what does the Q part of LGBTQ part represent other than Queer? What exactly is a queer?
Not only that, but I never have understood why all of those things are lumped together in the same acronym. For example, what does being gay have to do with being transgender? They seem like two totally different and separate things. You can be gay without being transgender, or vice versa.

So the LGBT part wasn't descriptive enough so they came up with a if your sexuality doesn't fit the mold you're a Q? I'm trying to imagine what that is, but okay.
I'm clueless on that one. I had actually thought that queer was an offensive term, but then it got added to LGBT??

Not only that, but I never have understood why all of those things are lumped together in the same acronym. For example, what does being gay have to do with being transgender? They seem like two totally different and separate things. You can be gay without being transgender, or vice versa.
I agree. It would seem to marginalize them.

I agree. It would seem to marginalize them.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Isn't it offensive (trying to think like a SJW here) to lump these different people all into the same category? Wouldn't that be like assuming Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people are all alike? Some of those acronyms are talking about totally different things.

The difference is that the voters fire the Governor in the next election. Fox has the ability to do the right thing and fire Tucker today.

I'm not surprised that he would not resign on his own. Too much to be made portraying himself as the victim.
He is already term limited

I read what Tucker Carlson said and if people are offended by that they must only watch Mr.Rogers while never leaving their 1950's Mayberry Special Nuclear Fallout shelter.

Next level snowflake stuff.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Isn't it offensive (trying to think like a SJW here) to lump these different people all into the same category? Wouldn't that be like assuming Chinese, Korean, and Japanese people are all alike? Some of those acronyms are talking about totally different things.
They aren't all alike?

Reactions: Obsessed

It’s definitely part of the problem and not just because of the college admissions scandal. It’s bs in every way it’s implemented.

The left has plenty of science deniers too - just not on those topics though their science denying on the viability of renewables and views on nuclear power are at least tangentially related to climate change. They deny fetal viability when it comes to late term abortion. Their anti-GMO stances are in direct conflict with science as are the anti-vaxxer views (though they also exist in some on the right). Let's not even get started on some economic science data. Face it; partisanship trumps science and science expertise on both sides but only one side has the gall to accuse the other of it while not recognizing it's own shortcomings.

Again, this “they’re both the same” argument is stupid at the best of times, but it just isn’t accurate in this instance.

It’s why Fox crushed CNN and MSNBC in the ratings prior to Trump, when they all had basically the same type of content. Liberals just don’t go for that stuff in the same numbers.

I think it’s a little more proportionate now because the liberal channels have picked up on the low hanging fruit of “trump sucks,” but they’re not competing with Fox by bringing anti-abortion activists in and asking them to explain how a single premature baby’s death doesn’t refute their fetal viability theory then mocking them and shutting off the feed.

Also, none of the things you’re citing appear to be an accurate reflection of mainstream liberal views, except maybe the economic stuff. I find it hard to believe that mainstream democrats are saying we should live entirely off of renewable energy when I’ve never heard that before.

Meanwhile, climate change skepticism is a consistent feature during Fox’s prime-time programming. Why? Because their viewers will tune in in large numbers to watch Tucker own some environmentalist. Because many of them don’t believe in climate change. Because many of them have seen it lampooned so many times in that same manner.

It’s not even close to being the same, and continuIng to circle the wagons to defend those who engage in willful stupidity is part of the problem.

(It seems like nobody wants to be associated with the anti-vaxxers. Maybe that’s a non-partisan brand of stupid. All the ones I know post QAnon stuff, so I assumed it was a product of the right.)

Last edited:
I do truly loathe the man. Of all the Fox personalities, he is the worst. Judge Janine is the most obnoxious. Hannity is the most smug. The morning crew are the most deficient, intellectually. But Carlson is the one who embodies the worst of all of their characteristics, times 10.
You just confirmed my favorite and only news channel is winning!

VN Store

Back