Turns out, slavery is good ... for the slaves

Haven't they been saying this for years given that slavery is still alive and well in African countries...so it's all speculation on where slaves ancestors from back then would be today if they still existed and we're not killed off

while this addition is factually true it is an unnecessary and irrelevant addition for the topic.

sounds like both D's and R's are about some book banning.

how about we leave this out and leave out the 1619 Project nonsense as well as any pretense that CRT is history or fact

Reactions: AM64 and EasternVol
while this addition is factually true it is an unnecessary and irrelevant addition for the topic.

sounds like both D's and R's are about some book banning.

how about we leave this out and leave out the 1619 Project nonsense as well as any pretense that CRT is history or fact

Depends on your definition of CRT. If by that you mean simply that Africans were enslaved for roughly a century and that was morally abhorrent, I would not agree to ban that. It's simply history.

If you mean reparations, ok, I would agree that's a topic for college students, not before.

Depends on your definition of CRT. If by that you mean simply that Africans were enslaved for roughly a century and that was morally abhorrent, I would not agree to ban that. It's simply history.

If you mean reparations, ok, I would agree that's a topic for college students, not before.

What are the chances that the descendants of those back home who missed out on the boat ride will grow to maturity, have an opportunity to attend college, and have a viable career? That's pretty much available to anyone living in the US ... IF they bother to take advantage of the opportunity. Take a trip to Africa some day for a dose of reality on how the poor really live. Why should we even consider reparations to people who never suffered slavery and who have opportunity in the flavor of affirmative action for one pushed their way? Just a reminder and a dose of reality.

Nigeria's school abductions: Why children are being targeted

Florida's new Black history curriculum says "slaves developed skills" that could be used for "personal benefit"

I've never been more embarrassed to be a Floridian. Honestly, this Legislatures, kowtowing to the extreme white resentment class, makes the state look positively azz backward.

Pretty much what the inner city black leadership has been telling black voters for years! economic slavery, chattels of crime and welfare

AND THEY KEEP ELECTING THE SAME OVERLORDS YEAR AFTER YEAR!

I seriously wonder what would happen if the top 10 largest cities in America would simply be governed by conservatives for 8 years. Not just the mayor but with a city council who has veto proof votes. Basically, what the dems have had for more than 40-50 years in most cases.

Technically this is true. They learned skills that allowed them to become farmers/farm hands once they were freed. That worked out pretty well right up until the early 1960's when almost overnight they were replaced in the fields by Hispanics. Not sure what happened in the 60's to make so many people stop working..

Did they talk about slaves and modern athletic ability? Just curious...

Reactions: Gandalf and AM64

Lol I love your first paragraph here. Do you believe banning crt means “‘not teaching kids that Africans were enslaved and that it was morally abhorrent”?

The second part may be even better. You believe the issue people have with crt is reparations? Rather than that it teaches that all actions are inherently racist even actions taken to end racism such as brown vs the board of education are considered as racist actions only taken to uphold the racist power structure

Last edited:
There’s nothing wrong with this curriculum at all. You can both acknowledge the evils of slavery and recognize the black Americans who came out successful on the other side due to learned trades.

The same way we can teach about the evils of segregation while acknowledging the harm done by ending segregation

Reactions: Gandalf

VN Store

Back