Turns out, slavery is good ... for the slaves

Obviously the Orlando Magic are racist for donating to multiple political parties. Florida is only one of the most diverse states that people are flocking to simply to discriminated against. Well that’s what a guy that plays for a team in the murder capital in Louisiana says.
You can bet they donated to the other side as well. Almost any organization is going to hedge and donate both ways; that way they can always be on the winning side when they need something.
Absolutely.
Did the Magic donate to “multiple political parties” or “to the other side as well” or is that something this thread made up?

Did the Magic donate to “multiple political parties” or “to the other side as well” or is that something this thread made up?

It doesn’t matter but research it and find out. Otherwise you’re crying just to be crying as usual.

Reactions: AM64
It doesn’t matter but research it and find out. Otherwise you’re crying just to be crying as usual.

That doesn't make sense lol the burden of "research" is on the people saying things that aren't verified anywhere. If they donated to both parties, that seems like something very obvious to mention in the team statement

That doesn't make sense lol the burden of "research" is on the people making up stupid ****. If they donated to both parties, that seems like something very obvious to mention in the team statement

Why should they have to lay out who all they have ever donated to every time they donate? Damn get over the faux victimhood.

Why should they have to lay out who all they have ever donated to every time they donate? Damn get over the faux victimhood.

Can you read? If they donate to both parties there’s no reason not to say that. “Faux victimhood” would be saying people are mad about “multiple parties” over and over and defending the Magic with made up things

Can you read? If they donate to both parties there’s no reason not to say that. “Faux victimhood” would be saying people are mad about “multiple parties” over and over and defending the Magic with made up things

I’m pretty sure I read they have donated to dim candidates as well.

Desantis defended the curriculum. All he had to do was say that he had nothing to do with it, which he did as an aside, but he couldn't just leave it at that because he's an idiot.

And look, I'm not saying he did some terrible thing here, nor did the Magic, (and neither did Bud Light), but people are clearly upset about this and those people prominently exist in the NBA community.
If someone is upset about the curriculum, they are outing themselves as a partisan or a moron.
1. The AP curriculum has the same thing with zero outrage.
2. Floridas curriculum was written by black historians.
3. It doesn't argue slavery as a good thing. People who think that need to learn how to read.
4. This has been said about many bad events in human history. Including the Holocaust and democrats have used it to tell the story of Soros.
5. It's because DeSantis. That's it. Any other excuse is either sheepish or idiotic.

I mean in the sense that they didn't wrong anybody.

The players are not going to go on strike, but there is still a cost here. Magic used to be a franchise where high-profile players wanted to go to. Grant Hill signed there in FA. Tracy McGrady did too. There are only like 5 franchises in the whole league that can pull players like that. But the Magic have become a joke, and players decreasingly want to go there, and this is just another brick in that wall. Not to mention, they are turning off talented coaches and front office people, as well as fans. The Magic are not going to lose 25% of revenue, but there's nothing to gain here.
I find it astonishing you spent 30 pages simping for budlight and not understanding why their sales were tanking and then come on here and act like the Orlando magic donating to a politician is some big deal.

Orlando is a small market team. Most of their stars have been acquired in trade or draft, including Tracey technically. The NBA has a problem with parity. See how many championships the Lakers and Boston have compared to everyone else.

I find it astonishing you spent 30 pages simping for budlight and not understanding why their sales were tanking and then come on here and act like the Orlando magic donating to a politician is some big deal.

Orlando is a small market team. Most of their stars have been acquired in trade or draft, including Tracey technically. The NBA has a problem with parity. See how many championships the Lakers and Boston have compared to everyone else.
Boston hasn't won a title in 15 years. Both the Bulls and Spurs have won more titles since 1990 than the Lakers or Celtics. Most of Boston's titles were before the free agency era.

Reactions: NashVol11
Boston hasn't won a title in 15 years. Both the Bulls and Spurs have won more titles since 1990 than the Lakers or Celtics. Most of Boston's titles were before the free agency era.
Bulls and spurs were dynasties with generational talents. But let's not act like the big market teams are on the same level in free agency. See the Lakers. Took shaq and Dwight(though his career post orl has been trash) from orlando, LeBron, AD, etc

Bulls and spurs were dynasties with generational talents. But let's not act like the big market teams are on the same level in free agency. See the Lakers. Took shaq and Dwight(though his career post orl has been trash) from orlando, LeBron, AD, etc
Certainly less parity in the NBA than the NFL, but we've seen the Bucks, Raptors and Nuggets win titles recently

And the Bulls were never stacked as much as the Lakers, Celtics and even the 80s 76ers. Heck, the Pistons won 3 titles. Rockets won 2. You were a little off in your comment.

Certainly less parity in the NBA than the NFL, but we've seen the Bucks, Raptors and Nuggets win titles recently

And the Bulls were never stacked as much as the Lakers, Celtics and even the 80s 76ers. Heck, the Pistons won 3 titles. Rockets won 2. You were a little off in your comment.
Lakers and Celtics account for 45% of the championships. My comment has been a decades long gripe about the NBA. Historically, small market teams have a tougher time in the NBA especially in free agency. This is shown by the Lakers entire history taking small market guys away.

The bulls won their championships with a generational talent that they drafted. Same with Houston. You're acting like the NBA is wide open

Lakers and Celtics account for 45% of the championships. My comment has been a decades long gripe about the NBA. Historically, small market teams have a tougher time in the NBA especially in free agency. This is shown by the Lakers entire history taking small market guys away.

The bulls won their championships with a generational talent that they drafted. Same with Houston. You're acting like the NBA is wide open
Ok. You damn well that 45% is skewed because of their dominance before UFA. It seems you haven't been attentive to the NBA for the last 30 years.

Lightly, brown toast🤭

Ok. You damn well that 45% is skewed because of their dominance before UFA. It seems you haven't been attentive to the NBA for the last 30 years.

Lightly, brown toast🤭
You want the last 30 years? Since Jordan won his last NBA title in 1998, four players... Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, LeBron James and Stephen Curry... have combined to win 18 of the next 25 titles, which is 72%. That 45% is skewed? Not by much. Since 2000 Boston or LA has won it 30% of the time. La, Gs, Sa have 14 since 2000. That's 61%

Has the last five years been good on the team parity front? Yes I suppose but one of those teams is LA and Golden State is in there too. The parity is an issue because the NBA is super star driven, super stars want to be in big markets.

FA hasn't been kind to small market teams historically. Even golden states run was mostly drafted players with KD sandwiched in the middle because he wanted to join the prior winning team. Props to their front office. When we discuss the Orlando magic, one of their main issues is FA due to small market.

Your toast is burnt. Chief

You want the last 30 years? Since Jordan won his last NBA title in 1998, four players... Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, LeBron James and Stephen Curry... have combined to win 18 of the next 25 titles, which is 72%. That 45% is skewed? Not by much. Since 2000 Boston or LA has won it 30% of the time. La, Gs, Sa have 14 since 2000. That's 61%

Has the last five years been good on the team parity front? Yes I suppose but one of those teams is LA and Golden State is in there too. The parity is an issue because the NBA is super star driven, super stars want to be in big markets.

FA hasn't been kind to small market teams historically. Even golden states run was mostly drafted players with KD sandwiched in the middle because he wanted to join the prior winning team. Props to their front office. When we discuss the Orlando magic, one of their main issues is FA due to small market.

Your toast is burnt. Chief
Hell, I left off Golden State. Thanks! Yeah, and their core group won a title before Durant chased one there. Silly You! You make my point. Even better, how many different NBA teams have won titles in the last 40 years vs the different teams who have won titles in the NFL? NHL? MLB?

Hell, I left off Golden State. Thanks! Yeah, and their core group won a title before Durant chased one there. Silly You! You make my point. Even better, how many different NBA teams have won titles in the last 40 years vs the different teams who have won titles in the NFL? NHL? MLB?
Since 2000 (I'm not doing 40, you can if you want)
MLB - 15 different teams
NFL - 13 different teams
NHL - 13 different teams
NBA - 11 different teams - Cavs aren't there without LeBron coming back.

So they have the worst parity in professional sports.

Didn't realize how dominant Lakers have been in that stretch. Six of the NBA championships have been LA. That's 1 team with 25%. GS and LA account for 40%. Wow.

Since 1990

MLB - 18 different teams
NFL - 16 different teams
NHL - 16 different teams
NBA - 13 different teams

Dang... It's getting further apart for the NBA

Chnaged my mind since it was going so well lmao

Since 1980

MLB - 22 different teams
NFL - 18 different teams
NHL - 18 different teams
NBA - 14 different teams

Since 2000 (I'm not doing 40, you can if you want)
MLB - 15 different teams
NFL - 13 different teams
NHL - 13 different teams
NBA - 11 different teams - Cavs aren't there without LeBron coming back.

So they have the worst parity in professional sports.

Didn't realize how dominant Lakers have been in that stretch. Six of the NBA championships have been LA. That's 1 team with 25%. GS and LA account for 40%. Wow.
It's pretty close. Just what I thout

It's pretty close. Just what I thout
Lol NBA has the worst parity of the major professional sports leagues. It gets worse the further you go back. Funny that you picked the 2000 post to comment on rather than the 1980, as you originally requested. 🙃

Point being, the Orlando magic are at a disadvantage for being a small market team. It's been a topic for decades.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Lol NBA has the worst parity of the major professional sports leagues. It gets worse the further you go back. Funny that you picked the 2000 post to comment on rather than the 1980, as you originally requested. 🙃

Point being, the Orlando magic are at a disadvantage for being a small market team. It's been a topic for decades.
No doubt about Orlando. They've only contended a handful of years.

Reactions: RikidyBones

VN Store

Back