TV, movies, music, Books and whatnot.

Not my favorite layout, but there's something to be said for never having to memorize another channel number again! Thanks, this is really helpful.

Our cable + TV + phone-we-don't-use-and-don't-even-know-the-number is $245/ month. We can get the same internet speed (600 Mbps) for $70/month, price locked for two years, plus whatever for YTTV and doubtless something else we'd find a need for.

It's just the knowledge that whatever you do, you'll eventually regret it, and the overall rage-inducing gimmick-ness of it all - hard to get fired up about it. And yet!

Not my favorite layout, but there's something to be said for never having to memorize another channel number again! Thanks, this is really helpful.

Our cable + TV + phone-we-don't-use-and-don't-even-know-the-number is $245/ month. We can get the same internet speed (600 Mbps) for $70/month, price locked for two years, plus whatever for YTTV and doubtless something else we'd find a need for.

It's just the knowledge that whatever you do, you'll eventually regret it, and the overall rage-inducing gimmick-ness of it all - hard to get fired up about it. And yet!
You can also sort the list how you want, so you can have the channels you watch the most at the top.

That's what I do. Comcast $79, YTTV $81. I mean the nice thing about streaming is you aren't locked into anything when on a monthly plan.

That's what I do. Comcast $79, YTTV $81. I mean the nice thing about streaming is you aren't locked into anything when on a monthly plan.
Not aimed at you, specifically, but including the cost of your internet provider in the cost comparison seems wrong. I've had Dish and/or Direct for 20 years and have also always had the fastest internet that I could afford. I just switched to YTTV for less than half the cost of DirecTv. I love it! As @NorCalVol67 said, just put all 12 (probably) channels that you watch at the top of the list and navigation is pretty easy.

Not aimed at you, specifically, but including the cost of your internet provider in the cost comparison seems wrong. I've had Dish and/or Direct for 20 years and have also always had the fastest internet that I could afford. I just switched to YTTV for less than half the cost of DirecTv. I love it! As @NorCalVol67 said, just put all 12 (probably) channels that you watch at the top of the list and navigation is pretty easy.
I see this argument, but for us, it's a questions of dropping the provider that brings both internet and TV, so the cost of internet service does make sense in whether to pull the plug. I completely get that if you're already a cord-cutter and comparing TV providers, that's all you should be looking at.

(unless I'm missing something, which I most likely am)
Do you have any of the add-on's? YTTV is very coy about the pricing on anything beyond the basic package, unless you're looking at the NFL and 4K stuff. I doubt we'd be interested in any of the package things, but it'd be nice if they had a bit more disclosure going on.

Also, historically, how often do they jack up their rates? Since it's not a fixed contract.

Reactions: Danl
Only annoying thing is TV stations aren't numbered but you get used to it
You can edit the lineup the way you want it by using the YTTV App on your phone.

When in the YTTV APP go to the "Live" channel guide scroll to the bottom and click "Customize" you can the put channels the way you want or even uncheck channels you never watch.
1000014801.jpg

1000014802.jpg

EDIT I FORGOT! When you go to YTTV then on Roku etc.. click the 3 lines and then choose "custom".
1000014803.jpg

When we switched to YTTV from DirecTV I put the channels in pretty much the same order they were on DirecTV because we were used to them that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: theFallGuy
Well 95 probably listens to the people at Best buy so that explains that. I mean Arby's got him believing they got meat.

Well 95 probably listens to the people at Best buy so that explains that. I mean Arby's got him believing they got meat.

I didn’t feel like diving into frequency differences/ranges and VHF v UHF. Easier to say HD or digital like most seem to do.

If mal is rural and is using an old antenna, he may not be getting UHF frequencies with it.

Incredible book. highly recommend. Was recommended to me by someone I very very much think highly of in security field. I wish every HS would read this, as they more then we are going to have to deal with this sh**.

.81A5S9X-arL._SL1500_.jpg

VN Store

Back