'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

no it isnt
Yes it has been. Look at our DB and RB depth last year. We have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster going into year 3, and they’ve yet to sign an OT out of HS since they’ve been here unless that’s where Trevor Duncan ends up. They also only have 7 scholarship WRs on the roster and will enter next season with 2 scholarship TEs. Sure a lot of that can be put on the mass exodus of players once Pruitt left, but signing zero HS OTs and only 1-2 DTs in 2 years is a problem

So to sum up the past few days:

-He Allegedly was closed to pulling the trigger yesterday

-Something made him rethink, and it wasn't from A&M's side of things like many suspected

-Michigan has pulled close to or even with Vols in terms of momentum.

Wonder what their pitch was, I know they lost that other tackle to Georgia last week.

It was the Harbaugh Sleepover

Roster management seems to be an issue with this staff in my opinion
There you go again. Just when I was beginning to think you weren't a complete arrogant moron.... who thinks they know more than the do.

So do you take Nico even though his presence is a strong discouragement to portal QBs? Hooker is in the NFL and Jackson saw his chances of ever becoming UT's starter fading so he looked for lower competition close to home.

What PRECISELY would you have done different... assuming of course you have the information available to the staff at the times they had to make critical decisions... which you don't?

The staff started with an absolute MESS roster wise. Some of the team's better players hit the portal in the wake of Pruitt. That left holes in the 1st roster but also some MASSIVE deficiencies in succession. You had some parts of the depth chart with just seniors or a gap with no Jrs/Sophs.

They are still dealing with some of those issues but this roster is MUCH deeper and more balanced than either of the previous two SPECIFICALLY because they've done a very good job of managing the roster both with recruiting and portal.

kid wants to be here but parents want Michigan suddenly? I don’t know man

Yes it has been. Look at our DB and RB depth last year. We have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster going into year 3, and they’ve yet to sign an OT out of HS since they’ve been here unless that’s where Trevor Duncan ends up. They also only have 7 scholarship WRs on the roster and will enter next season with 2 scholarship TEs. Sure a lot of that can be put on the mass exodus of players once Pruitt left, but signing zero HS OTs and only 1-2 DTs in 2 years is a problem

Your 2022 roster mgmt. critique was when I first noticed how full of it you can be on here. I posted that we didn’t have a full roster in 2021-22 (we docked ourselves scholarships to get ahead of the coming NCAA sanctions). You replied “That’s a lie”. You can now look at articles re. the April NCAA meeting in Cincy as verification our roster was short, and on purpose. Yet you STILL complain about not being loaded at RB or DB last year.

BTW, pretty sure Brian Grant was signed as an OT. And next season 2 TEs?? If you mean 2024, you don’t know how many TEs we’ll have without a crystal ball. If you mean 2023, we have 3 TEs.

Back now at a full roster, I agree we have less excuse regarding short #s at certain positions. I’m concerned about QB depth after losing T Jackson. But realize every coach will struggle with portal exits & injuries. And never forget, Heupel knows a helluva lot more about his roster needs than you could ever imagine.

There you go again. Just when I was beginning to think you weren't a complete arrogant moron.... who thinks they know more than the do.

So do you take Nico even though his presence is a strong discouragement to portal QBs? Hooker is in the NFL and Jackson saw his chances of ever becoming UT's starter fading so he looked for lower competition close to home.

What PRECISELY would you have done different... assuming of course you have the information available to the staff at the times they had to make critical decisions... which you don't?

The staff started with an absolute MESS roster wise. Some of the team's better players hit the portal in the wake of Pruitt. That left holes in the 1st roster but also some MASSIVE deficiencies in succession. You had some parts of the depth chart with just seniors or a gap with no Jrs/Sophs.

They are still dealing with some of those issues but this roster is MUCH deeper and more balanced than either of the previous two SPECIFICALLY because they've done a very good job of managing the roster both with recruiting and portal.
yup.

I don’t see how Michigan could make such a big move during a dead period. GBO!!!!
You can still talk on phone. This is all a theory but my gut reaction is Warren himself is fully sold after his OV and with his connection with all the current class. He got the blessing to commit and called Michigan yesterday to tell them he was heading to TN and they threw out some last minute red flags (don’t take that the wrong way just a way to say negative recruiting) to the parents which is giving them pause.

VN Store

Back