'24 TX OT Bennett Warren (Tennessee)

Yes it has been. Look at our DB and RB depth last year. We have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster going into year 3, and they’ve yet to sign an OT out of HS since they’ve been here unless that’s where Trevor Duncan ends up. They also only have 7 scholarship WRs on the roster and will enter next season with 2 scholarship TEs. Sure a lot of that can be put on the mass exodus of players once Pruitt left, but signing zero HS OTs and only 1-2 DTs in 2 years is a problem
200w.gif

You can still talk on phone. This is all a theory but my gut reaction is Warren himself is fully sold after his OV and with his connection with all the current class. He got the blessing to commit and called Michigan yesterday to tell them he was heading to TN and they threw out some last minute red flags (don’t take that the wrong way just a way to say negative recruiting) to the parents which is giving them pause.
logical.

Yes it has been. Look at our DB and RB depth last year. We have 2 scholarship QBs on the roster going into year 3, and they’ve yet to sign an OT out of HS since they’ve been here unless that’s where Trevor Duncan ends up. They also only have 7 scholarship WRs on the roster and will enter next season with 2 scholarship TEs. Sure a lot of that can be put on the mass exodus of players once Pruitt left, but signing zero HS OTs and only 1-2 DTs in 2 years is a problem

We signed
1. Addison Nichols
2. Mo Clipper
3. Masai Reddick
4. Brian Grant
5. Shamurad Umarov
6. Vysen Lang
7. Ayden Bussell
8. Trevor Duncan

We don't know who will end up at the tackles spots but we have plenty of options. Also will be signing 5 or 6 more Olineman this class

We signed
1. Addison Nichols
2. Mo Clipper
3. Masai Reddick
4. Brian Grant
5. Shamurad Umarov
6. Vysen Lang
7. Ayden Bussell
8. Trevor Duncan

We don't know who will end up at the tackles spots but we have plenty of options. Also will be signing 5 or 6 more Olineman this class
Nope. BelieveTheHeup93 has declared all of those guys plus any recruits that we are currently pursuing or will potentially pursue in the future as interior offensive linemen. He knows all.

You can still talk on phone. This is all a theory but my gut reaction is Warren himself is fully sold after his OV and with his connection with all the current class. He got the blessing to commit and called Michigan yesterday to tell them he was heading to TN and they threw out some last minute red flags (don’t take that the wrong way just a way to say negative recruiting) to the parents which is giving them pause.
If somebody was negative recruiting me this late in the game I would scratch them. I am sure by now they have heard it all. That seems like last minute desperation to me. GBO

If we do, can we all finally admit our OL recruiting is a little concerning?
A little? This staff hasn’t landed a HS OT since they’ve been here. Unless that’s where Trevor Duncan ends up. Saying our OL recruiting “is a little concerning” is putting things lightly. Especially if your consider the fact we just had an OT drafted 10th overall and we still can’t seem to buy an OT out of HS

A little? This staff hasn’t landed a HS OT since they’ve been here. Unless that’s where Trevor Duncan ends up. Saying our OL recruiting “is a little concerning” is putting things lightly. Especially if your consider the fact we just had an OT drafted 10th overall and we still can’t seem to buy an OT out of HS
I'm afraid to agree with you because I'll get killed too but you're right.

Reactions: BelieveTheHeup93

They just landed Max Anderson and Addison Nichols last year.

Don’t let that stop you from making up stuff to fit your narrative.

They just landed Max Anderson and Addison Nichols last year.

Don’t let that stop you from making up stuff to fit your narrative.
And neither will play a collegiate snap at tackle nor are they even listed as tackles on their profiles. Umarov is the only guy they’ve landed that has a chance at being an SEC OT, and there’s even talk of him playing guard. They’re going to have to step things up if they want Nico on his feet long enough to use his arm talent. Because Campbell, Crawford, and Davis are all seniors going into this season, and by Nico’s second year as the starter the OTs currently slated to be protecting him are Brian Grant and Larry Johnson

I'm afraid to agree with you because I'll get killed too but you're right.
This staff has worked miracles there’s no doubt, but the people on here that chastize anyone that criticizes them are in for a very rude awakening with both lines next season and potentially the OL as early as this year. In my personal opinion I don’t see how there’s any chance this staff can build a better OL than what we had last season at the rate we’re recruiting. There doesn’t seem to be any Darnell Wrights coming into the program any time soon, and in the SEC and with the deep shots we like to take you HAVE TO have multiple 1st or 2nd round NFL draft picks on your OL. Particularly at tackle. Without Darnell Wright last year were an 8-9 win team. There’s a reason OTs get paid what they do in the NFL, and we can’t close the door of a deep freezer when it comes to recruiting that position. I think Elarbee is a great developer of talent, but he’s been the worst recruiter on this staff so far and it’s not particularly close in my opinion, and he made an absolutely atrocious evaluation on Karic from Texas

VN Store

Back