Tyler Bray signing with Chiefs, NOT dolphins.

Hopefully he got a healthy serving of Humble Pie and is ready to work. If you can't develop as a QB under Andy Reid, you don't have any place in the league to begin with.

He has his best chance, right there. If he keeps a good humble attitude and develops a good strong work ethic, I think Andy Reid will fall in love with Tyler Bray's arm. And with Alex Smith having some past injury issues, he may get a chance to showcase his skills this season.

Hopefully, if his attitude gets out of whack, Eric Berry can meet him over the middle...for an on-the-spot correction. :)

Enjoyed the humor in your post. It was actually done without belittling the guy because it's sort of a moral. That aside, this is the kind of post we should be doing about Bray. The post states well-known facts without gloating or spewing spite about the young man' misfortune. It offers hopeful insight for our former Vol. The post actually treats Bray as a human being, a wayward one, bu a human being all the same. But for you people who insist on repeating Adrian Foster type hate, go ahead because I know you're incapable of anything else. Thanks VOLorNuttin for giving me a bit more faith in the human race, especially the Vol fans species.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not understanding the whole Bray to Foster comparison. Yes, both went undrafted, and yes both were put under the microscope by our fan base, but this does not mean Bray is going to become some great undrafted QB. One, Foster is a RB which is the easiest position to transition from NCAA to NFL. Two, no one questioned Fosters heart here. They may have questioned his mental state but never have I once heard someone say Foster didn't work hard and give his all. Bray has publicly stated, let that sink in, that he didn't work that hard to be the best he could. That's disrespectful to this program, his coaching staff, and most importantly himself. Bray and Foster are two totally different people. The only hate on Foster was his fumbling problem, and him using the lack of PT his senior year as motivation to make it in the NFL and then letting what drove him to be the best RB be known publicly. He also came back this year and that means the world to this program IMO. Bray's heart, motivation, and true love for the game is being put to question here, and in my eyes that's the most embarrassing thing an athlete could have happen to him.

You said Bray admitted he didn't work hard to be his best? Good for you. Can you also say that confessing your short-comings is the first step to address them and turn yourself around? It's the nuts who refuse to acknowledge they have a problem who wallow in misery of their own making until the day they die.
But for some folks it's too fashionable to hate to let go of it and hope a fellow man (or woman) does what's needed to be a better man (or woman) or even a QB. So again, can you also say that confessing your short-comings is the first step to address them and turn yourself around?

Hopefully he got a healthy serving of Humble Pie and is ready to work. If you can't develop as a QB under Andy Reid, you don't have any place in the league to begin with.

He has his best chance, right there. If he keeps a good humble attitude and develops a good strong work ethic, I think Andy Reid will fall in love with Tyler Bray's arm. And with Alex Smith having some past injury issues, he may get a chance to showcase his skills this season.

Hopefully, if his attitude gets out of whack, Eric Berry can meet him over the middle...for an on-the-spot correction. :)
Humble pie for this Tennessee Vol, under Andy Reid, with 2 Vols already on the roster. I'm gonna predict he plays on tv this upcoming season, and I'll buy a Cheifs hat!

When he learns that it is not all about him and is willing to work at his craft after he eats sime humble pie, he may have a chance to make the roster as a 3rd string clipboard holder his first season. After that it will be entirely up to him.

Tyler Bray did not get drafted. It really did not happen. The NFL is not a fantasy football league. Go worship somebody else that plays for Butch now.

Reactions: 1 person
When he learns that it is not all about him and is willing to work at his craft after he eats sime humble pie, he may have a chance to make the roster as a 3rd string clipboard holder his first season. After that it will be entirely up to him.

Tyler Bray did not get drafted. It really did not happen. The NFL is not a fantasy football league. Go worship somebody else that plays for Butch now.

Yes, well said. Get over Bray people, he is just not as good as some of you people think. Stop being surprised, I mean Crompton got drafted. I am sure you guys all loved his field attitude...but, but, he cried after the Georgia game.

Humble pie for this Tennessee Vol, under Andy Reid, with 2 Vols already on the roster. I'm gonna predict he plays on tv this upcoming season, and I'll buy a Cheifs hat!

has potential to be one of the best QBs inthe NFL

Yeah, it'd be great for Tyler Bray if he ends up starting one day. However, if individuals that made a living evaluating talent and potential felt like Bray had the potential to "be on of the best QBs in the NFL" or to "play on TV this upcoming season", they probably would have spent a draft pick on him.

Bray has a strong arm and, yes, Andy Reid has worked well with QBs. Yet, look at the QBs Reid has worked with, which individuals in here, and elsewhere, suggest as reasons he will make an undrafted Bray a great QB:

Kevin Kolb: 2nd Round Pick
Michael Vick: 1st pick of the draft
Donovan McNabb: 2nd pick of the draft

Maybe some want to throw Koy Detmer in there, but he started, what, a handful of games, at most?

The odds are stacked against Bray. He will not be the QB getting the most attention from Reid (Smith and Daniel will be getting the most attention from Reid). He will not get many reps. He has a history of not caring which has affected his play. And, he will have to make the most of his reps, in order to earn more attention from the staff, while working with other third and fourth string guys against what could be one of the top defensive units in the NFL this upcoming season.

If you honestly think Bray is going to come through and be a star, you ought to at least be prepared for the pending disappointment.

Breaking news Bray to KC,

__Breaking news, #1 rated QB of all time, signs as a UDFA to KC. In a shocking development the QB that has so much talent and his defense was so bad and had no players around him...wait they were either drafted for signed with NFL teams, somehow did not get drafted. It is shocking considering he has a great arm and and Dooley was his coach and well that is why he did not get drafted. And just you wait he is going to be the best QB of all time and you will probably buy his jersey, because now you want to buy Foster's jersey.

Wait they took it off.

No doubt immaturity is an issue, but immature guys with great talent get drafted every year, because most people will mature as they get older, and teams figure that's a factor that can be changed through mentoring and the proper incentives.

After watching the interview with Gruden, it strikes me that the NFL community may have judged Tyler Bray to be a deeply stupid person, and stupidity is a trait that you just can't change.

Like Bray. Dislike Bray. I'm just glad the kid is getting a chance. Perhaps he will overcome his shortcomings, perhaps he won't. He's not the BMOC anymore, what he does from here on out he will have to earn.

Excited for Bray to start one day while you refresh gamecast on the screen in your cubicle.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!

Why are you high on Bray? He went on national TV and told all of America that he didn't try at UT. If that's the kind of guy you pull for then you're a moron.

Why are you high on Bray? He went on national TV and told all of America that he didn't try at UT. If that's the kind of guy you pull for then you're a moron.

Agreed. While I don't think Bray has a snowballs chance of you know what of making it in the NFL, much less winning a super bowl. IF Bray won 10 SB's he would still stand for no effort losing at TN, that did not care. Sorry, but I am fan first of TN. So the Bray years, Dooley years, whatever you want to call them were terrible, period.

I like it. Bray could end up being the starter by next season. Andy Reid is a good coach Alex Smith is not a very good QB. If he will stick his nose in the play book, eat, breathe, and sleep it, he can win that job. Here's hoping he will grow up and use that type of discipline.

I like it. Bray could end up being the starter by next season. Andy Reid is a good coach Alex Smith is not a very good QB. If he will stick his nose in the play book, eat, breathe, and sleep it, he can win that job. Here's hoping he will grow up and use that type of discipline.

Just curious, what has Bray done in his career that makes you think he responds well to competition? The overwhelming evidence, via every though opponent, suggests otherwise. Even Gruden pointed out that Bray never showed up in crunch time.

VN Store

Back