Tyler Bray still undrafted (merged)

I just reallllllly want to tweet him and say hey, do you still think you're hot **** now, dumb ****? I mean I know your receivers were first round talent, but you being a little pussy about everything was noticed more than you thought.
Definitely should've stayed another year. Would have benefited everyone. But then again, maybe not. Because him being a selfish prick really got on my nerves. Season tickets + watching Bray show his immature ass = really ****ing annoying

Edit: Wow, I really sounded alot more pissed off than I actually am. I sound like a true "bleed orange" kind of guy. Kind of proud of myself. Okay no more drunk posting.

...best ...post ....ever.

I just reallllllly want to tweet him and say hey, do you still think you're hot **** now, dumb ****? I mean I know your receivers were first round talent, but you being a little pussy about everything was noticed more than you thought.
Definitely should've stayed another year. Would have benefited everyone. But then again, maybe not. Because him being a selfish prick really got on my nerves. Season tickets + watching Bray show his immature ass = really ****ing annoying

Edit: Wow, I really sounded alot more pissed off than I actually am. I sound like a true "bleed orange" kind of guy. Kind of proud of myself. Okay no more drunk posting.

There's a real Jekyll/Hyde vibe here.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzPQroKAUF8[/youtube]

Dude, take your freakin meds, already. That post was full of FAIL.

Attachments

• Grater FAIL.jpg
    Grater FAIL.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1
Bray would have been better off to return and work on fundamentals as well as try to rehabilitate his image off the field. As we all know, he makes bad decisions on and off the fieldl. If a was a GM - I wouldnt draft him at all knowling how immature he is. Considering he had 2 of the best receivers in college FB and a line that kept his jersey completely clean most games, he didnt do that much. I dont think he beat a quality defense in his 3 years here. Stupid is as stupid does.
I agree. I think the biggest thing NFL teams want to see, beyond talent, is how they perform under pressure. Are they a clutch player. I think a good defense would have made Bray look like one...but without one, he probably had more weight on his shoulders than he could bear.

For example, look at games against lesser teams....like Troy. Even though our defense gave up nearly 50 pts, Bray was clutch in that game. He was pretty clutch against Missouri, too, for the most part. Nearly pulled out the upset against UGA, MSU and USCjr. I think Dooley and the horrendous defense should take a majority of the blame.

Had the defense done it's part, Bray would be looking like the 1st Rd draft pick we all thought he would. We underestimate the mental load he was under, trying to keep his team in the ball game, with a defense that keeps putting the offense behind the eight ball.

I think psychologically, he gave up after the Missouri loss, and before the UK game last year. Losing takes a big toll, mentally and we have none other than Mike Hamilton to thank for that. He brought in a Coach with a losing record, who hadn't even shown he was capable of being a HC...at any level. Much less compete against some of the biggest names in college football today.

People keep saying "Nobody wanted the job." That's utter BS. Gary Patterson told local media that he was interested...but Hamilton had already insulted him the first go around (before he hired Kiffin), and the asking price was closer to what Myer and Saban were making.

Kevin Sumlin was also reportedly in the running and very interested. Both of these coaches had WINNING resumes. Dooley did not. Hamilton was looking for a coach on the cheap. And that's precisely what we got.

A cheap coach with no resume to command respect from the players or recruits. We were made to suffer 3yrs for it. Tyler Bray is suffering from it today, even though he could have helped himself more.

Hamilton's absurd coaching hires damaged this university and the player's chances at a career they deserve to be part of. (Tongue in cheek) If I were Bray's family, I might consider suing Mike Hamilton for gross negligence. Maybe Dave Hart, too. He had a coach who never had the credentials to be a head coach, in the first place and who lost to a much less talented UK team, for the first time in 3 decades...and nearly lost to Vandy the week before. He should have stopped the bleeding right then.

Especially after 80% of the staff bails on Dooley. If that is not a red flag, I don't know what is. He decided to keep him anyway, even though it was a train wreck at the point. People have been sued for lesser things, and it would send a message

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
In the end Bray just lost out to more experienced guys. Every QB drafted this year had 4 or 5 years in college. It's just almost unheard of for a true Junior QB to make it in the NFL. It's a stupid decision to even try it:hi:

I agree. I think the biggest thing NFL teams want to see, beyond talent, is how they perform under pressure. Are they a clutch player. I think a good defense would have made Bray look like one...but without one, he probably had more weight on his shoulders than he could bear.

For example, look at games against lesser teams....like Troy. Even though our defense gave up nearly 50 pts, Bray was clutch in that game. He was pretty clutch against Missouri, too, for the most part. Nearly pulled out the upset against UGA, MSU and USCjr. I think Dooley and the horrendous defense should take a majority of the blame.

Had the defense done it's part, Bray would be looking like the 1st Rd draft pick we all thought he would. We underestimate the mental load he was under, trying to keep his team in the ball game, with a defense that keeps putting the offense behind the eight ball.

I think psychologically, he gave up after the Missouri loss, and before the UK game last year. Losing takes a big toll, mentally and we have none other than Mike Hamilton to thank for that. He brought in a Coach with a losing record, who hadn't even shown he was capable of being a HC...at any level. Much less compete against some of the biggest names in college football today.

People keep saying "Nobody wanted the job." That's utter BS. Gary Patterson told local media that he was interested...but Hamilton had already insulted him the first go around (before he hired Kiffin), and the asking price was closer to what Myer and Saban were making.

Kevin Sumlin was also reportedly in the running and very interested. Both of these coaches had WINNING resumes. Dooley did not. Hamilton was looking for a coach on the cheap. And that's precisely what we got.

A cheap coach with no resume to command respect from the players or recruits. We were made to suffer 3yrs for it. Tyler Bray is suffering from it today, even though he could have helped himself more.

Hamilton's absurd coaching hires damaged this university and the player's chances at a career they deserve to be part of. (Tongue in cheek) If I were Bray's family, I might consider suing Mike Hamilton for gross negligence. Maybe Dave Hart, too. He had a coach who never had the credentials to be a head coach, in the first place and who lost to a much less talented UK team, for the first time in 3 decades...and nearly lost to Vandy the week before. He should have stopped the bleeding right then.

Especially after 80% of the staff bails on Dooley. If that is not a red flag, I don't know what is. He decided to keep him anyway, even though it was a train wreck at the point. People have been sued for lesser things, and it would send a message

Oy vey!!! :faceplam:

In the end Bray just lost out to more experienced guys. Every QB drafted this year had 4 or 5 years in college. It's just almost unheard of for a true Junior QB to make it in the NFL. It's a stupid decision to even try it:hi:
I agree. Granted it could have set him back a bit with just one year under a new coach and all, but the problem with that excuse is....the alternative is worse. Coming out with questions about your maturity, and work habits. Those could have been squashed with an extra year in college. He could also try to show that he can handle pressure better, and win in the clutch.

Granted, you didn't have Hunter and CP, but you did have 6'5" Croom, Bowles and Pig...not to mention that you had another 6'4" WR committed (Paul Harris).

I think Bray and maybe CP would have stayed if we could have gotten Gruden or a big splash hire (Gary Patterson would have done it), but having a coach come from the Big East probably reminded them of Dooley too much.

1. Completions - 505, Attempts - 829, Cmp % - 60.9, Yards - 6531, TDs - 52, INTs - 21

2. Completions - 459, Attempts - 785, Cmp % - 58.5, Yards - 5141, TDs - 40, INTs - 25

3. Completions - 318, Attempts - 592, Cmp % - 53.7, Yards - 4169, TDs - 34, INTs - 23

4. Completions - 204, Attempts - 380, Cmp % - 53.7, Yards - 2440, TDs - 19, INTs - 12

Before I go further, I think Bray under Cutcliffe would have been a good experiment.

Above are career passing stats in SEC games ONLY, of four former Vol QB's, one is Bray. I know some think he played on terrible teams, though I'd argue he played behind a heck of an offensive line, almost all will be in the NFL, he had good receivers, if not great ones, sure he lacked a running game but Chaney was never gonna have much of a running game.

So, which stats belong to Bray, hint...none of these guys are Peyton Manning.

Thought I'd post the answers, if somebody else did I missed it.

1. Clausen
2. Ainge
3. Bray
4. Crompton

Due to the Clawfense, Crompton's stats are basically from the "Kiffin" year, if one doubles those they are on par with Bray.

So, Bray is the 3rd best Vol QB in the last decade when it comes to SEC games and if you think the GM's, Scouts, Pro coaches weren't frightened by his completion percentage vs. SEC teams I don't know what to tell ya.

But, that's just the stats. What about leadership? Being a good team mate in the locker room? What about setting an example in the class room, and film room? He got what he earned today. I've never thought he even liked the game that much, sure doesn't seem like he wants to study it.

He's a Vol, I wish him luck. GBO!

Who should we blame then? It's up to the coaches to teach these kids how hard they have to work. Bray himself said he only gave 70-80% off the field. If my QB was only giving 70-80% off the field he would not play. Where was CDD? Bray is still just a kid, and needed better coaching. You think Cut would put up with a QB giving 70-80%? I don't think so. NOBODY questions Bray's talent, just his work ethic. You can't coach up an arm, you can coach work ethic. Coaching was nonexistent therefor it was ok to be lazy. Unprepared, lazy coaching leads to unprepared, lazy players.

You can lead a horse to water.......

ever think of that???????:salute:

The man limped his way back onto the field after an injury in the MS State game and played another down.

The man played another down after he broke his hand in the Georgia game. They had to make him come off the field.

He put up record numbers and had to sit and watch as our defense kept him out of national attention.

We have all seen him shed tears over a loss.

He took beating after beating while wearing a UT jersey.

HE WORE THE ORANGE!!!!!!!!

You people talk about him like he purposely destroyed everything that is UT. You talk about him like he was constantly getting arrested for drugs and alcohol and spitting on UT. Did everyone forget the talk of him crying outside the locker room after the loss against UGA this past year? A game where we put up 44 points but allowed 51. Bray was a good QB.

If Bray has pro success every one of you will suddenly be Bray fans. I've never heard him say a negative word about UT or any of its fans. He is going to be in the pros representing our school. Quit being douchebags and support him.

It's seriously embarrassing.

Bray was a good QB against less than SEC talent--and worse than average against almost EVERY SEC team except USCe this past year...AND--did you even watch the Candy game this last year???

He AIN'T going to the pros and represent UT--that's hitting home with him about now--

Please don't expect any sympathy from me here--call me whatever names you want--I felt worse for Casey Clausen--He had more talent and more intangibles in his pinky than Bray will ever have.....

Get over it--He's gone--CBJ is bringing in a new day! :salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
The man limped his way back onto the field after an injury in the MS State game and played another down.

The man played another down after he broke his hand in the Georgia game. They had to make him come off the field.

He put up record numbers and had to sit and watch as our defense kept him out of national attention.

We have all seen him shed tears over a loss.

He took beating after beating while wearing a UT jersey.

HE WORE THE ORANGE!!!!!!!!

You people talk about him like he purposely destroyed everything that is UT. You talk about him like he was constantly getting arrested for drugs and alcohol and spitting on UT. Did everyone forget the talk of him crying outside the locker room after the loss against UGA this past year? A game where we put up 44 points but allowed 51. Bray was a good QB.

If Bray has pro success every one of you will suddenly be Bray fans. I've never heard him say a negative word about UT or any of its fans. He is going to be in the pros representing our school. Quit being douchebags and support him.

It's seriously embarrassing.

Very solid post.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

UT offense was outstanding last year. See spring game for comparison.

Defense... well.

Signing JUCO WR's is a great step for CBJ. Hard to pick a QB without a few decent WR's running routes.

Keep in mind that Bray was horrible in the spring game last year and obviously better during the year.

VN Store

Back