Tyler Bray still undrafted (merged)

Arian Foster was undrafted to. I hope Bray gets in a good situation and excels.

This is not the end, its the beginning.

The thing that hurt Arian was Fulmer and the Coach's talking about his attitude and worth ethic. Probably the biggest reason Arian is just coming back. I read an article and the scouts had gotten bad feedback about Foster from the staff. That sux that they would do that.

I'm not saying he couldn't or wouldn't adjust it, but I don't think it would do the program any favors over the long haul, and since they aren't pro-style guys, I don't see that a year of instruction from Jones and his staff are going to work any wonders for Bray and his NFL draft stock.

Sorry for the original imbecile comment. That was out of line on my part, and I apologize. :hi: I had edited to change it before you posted your response, but you obviously had already begun typing your response.

Quarterback, schmorterback. We haven't win much because we haven't had a pass rush in seven years or a kicking game in six. Bray has nowhere near as much to do with it as we are letting on.

So you are saying that an average college QB should be able to throw at least 36 TD's a year?

You are a moron.

In the SEC no less. That guy just wants to talk smack. I stoped arguing with them a little while ago. They act like they knew all along that he would not get drafted. Jump on here, and say he didn't get drafted because of this or that.

So we weren't hurting for QBs so don't sign one at all. Got it. :good!: please realize that my original pt isn't based on Boyd alone.

You don't have to sign a damn QB every year, especially when you have three already on the roster, two of whom are underclassmen and ineligible for a redshirt. In case you've forgotten, only one QB plays on the field at a time. Again, with the long view of hindsight, clearly Kiffin didn't play his hand well with the QB's, but that was almost entirely because he ran Coleman and Stephens off prior to fall practice. As it was playing out in January 2009, the way he handled things was both defensible and understandable.

Why would any player leave their Jr. season knowing that they probably will not go first 2 or 3 rounds? The money is not really that great and you can get a free education at a major university and finish your degree.

For what it's worth, I'm hoping the Arizona Cardinals sign Bray as a free agent. They need to start grooming a QB now so that guy will be ready when Carson Palmer leaves in a few years. That would give Bray time to actually study the game, learn from a good QB-oriented coach, and have a stud wide receiver (in Larry Fitzgerald)to throw to if he every gets his shot as a starter.

For the first time ever, I think they actually had an outstanding draft. My only knock on their class was that I was hoping they would take Bray in the 6th or 7th round to serve a QB apprenticeship.

Sorry for the original imbecile comment. That was out of line on my part, and I apologize. :hi: I had edited to change it before you posted your response, but you obviously had already begun typing your response.

LOL. It's the internet, I don't take this stuff that seriously. :)

Going undrafted is better than being picked by some team in the 7th that he has no chance of making. At least now he can find a place that suits him to be a #2 or 3.

It takes a special kind of player, as a QB, to make it in the league as an undrafted free agent. Kurt Warner and Tony Romo come to mind. Tyler Bray has nothing in common with either one of them from a work ethic or attitude stand point. I have said if for months that this guy would not be drafted high. The NFL does not take chances on knucklehead QBs anymore-coaching careers are too fragile. Would any of you, if you were a head coach, want to hitch your professional wagon to Tyler Bray after all you have seen from him the past 3 years?

It was over for him the moment he stood up there at the combine and said that he "accomplished a lot in college, put up a lot of good numbers." I imagine it only got worse for him from there in team interviews.

Why would any player leave their Jr. season knowing that they probably will not go first 2 or 3 rounds? The money is not really that great and you can get a free education at a major university and finish your degree.

Poor decision making is Bray's calling card.

So you are saying that an average college QB should be able to throw at least 36 TD's a year?

You are a moron.

Ok u got me on the any avg QB should be able to do it. Im man enough to admit that I didn't quickly calculate it out. But a QB at UT shouldnt whine about having to throw 3-5 Tds a game and that's what matters.

I'm sorry but if his attitude and work ethic didn't change during three years as the starter I seriously doubt it would've with one more year here. Glad he left. His attitude and off field issues were obviously more of a concern than we thought since not a single team took a chance on him with the talent he has.

Of course, that free degree probably looks a lot better now. Leaving early doesn't just cost you a year of development. You're supposed to be going to classes too.

You're "evaluation" on players isn't worth 2 sh&ts on a manure farm.

Kid is a great QB and will make it into the NFL. I will go as far as he will start on a team at some point.

You must be kidding me, he did not get drafted. There is a reason for that. What is your personal feelings so tied to Bray? Did you say like first round or something?

Reactions: 1 person
He isn't just any 21 yo kid he is the QB at UT. If u can handle that than gtfo.

3-5 Tds for a QB at UT shouldn't be a problem man. Do you not watch CFB cause 3-5 Tds for any college QB should be done with ease.

Well not at Kentucky anyway :lolabove:

Ok u got me on the any avg QB should be able to do it. Im man enough to admit that I didn't quickly calculate it out. But a QB at UT shouldnt whine about having to throw 3-5 Tds a game and that's what matters.

You're showing a serious lack of fundamental football knowledge. 3-5 TD passes per game is a TON!!! Remember, there will also be rushing TD's, special teams TD's (you know, teams other than UT actually get such things), field goals, defensive scores, etc. Having to score 21 to 35 points per game off of TD passes is ludicrous.

Thought he was a 6th Round pick, surprised he fell this far. But after what is being talked about now by scouts, not surprised at all teams don't even want to sign him

You must be kidding me, he did not get drafted. There is a reason for that. What is your personal feelings so tied to Bray? Did you say like first round or something?

Foster didn't get drafted look at him . Personally i think it made him better and why he is the player he is . They just need to work hard

You don't have to sign a damn QB every year, especially when you have three already on the roster, two of whom are underclassmen and ineligible for a redshirt. In case you've forgotten, only one QB plays on the field at a time. Again, with the long view of hindsight, clearly Kiffin didn't play his hand well with the QB's, but that was almost entirely because he ran Coleman and Stephens off prior to fall practice. As it was playing out in January 2009, the way he handled things was both defensible and understandable.

We'll agree to disagree but I think a QB every yr isn't a bad thing. Also thinking the possibilty Kiffin didn't plan on running Coleman and/or Stephens off from day one is just naive.

In case ur reading comprehension lacks the ability to recognize it....you are arguing something I'm not so move on. Cause honestly we don't disagree much on the situation at the time.

Foster didn't get drafted look at him . Personally i think it made him better and why he is the player he is . They just need to work hard

You know what I give up...Bray is about to be the greatest QB ever with the most skills and he has a great QB at TN and was at no point had any contribution for the dumpster fire the last three years.

VN Store

Back