Tyler Bray's father says NFL draft was 'brutal'

VolBraniac

Bigly Membered
“Nobody wants him (in the draft), then for two hours the phone does not stop ringing from different teams,’’ Jeff Bray said. ''As a parent, you say: ‘You want him now, but you didn’t want him in the draft?’ ’’

“It was brutal,’’ Jeff Bray said in a phone interview to The Sports Animal, of watching the draft from his home in California with Tyler.
“I personally think with that kind of talent, to sit through something like that, it just amazes me.’’

Tyler Bray's father says NFL draft was 'brutal' » GoVolsXtra

I kind of agree with him. I know he has had issues, but he had the best arm talent of any QB in the draft. I thought someone would take a shot at him in the 4th-5th round.

Reactions: 17 people
it may have been tough but the options he got by being undrafted were better than if he was picked up in the 6/7 round

Reactions: 7 people
I would say it was brutal. You know he was nervous on every single pick waiting for his name to be called. And it never came. Best of luck to Bray, I hope he kills it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
On the bright side, it's all over now for him and I hope Tyler does exceedingly well with the Chiefs.

Reactions: 5 people
Had to be brutal. I thought Mychal Rivera or Dallas Thomas (injury) may end up being on the bubble. Bray was a sure-fire pick in my mind going in.

Reactions: 1 person
He hung 44 points on Georgia and was going for 51 before a blindside sack. Bray played some good ball for us I wish him well.

Outside of the 3rd round for a qb it really doesn't matter. You still have to make the team. A 6th round pick or UDFA is about the same thing for a qb. The fact that his phone was ringing off the hook after the draft tells you he has an NFL arm.

He hung 44 points on Georgia and was going for 51 before a blindside sack. Bray played some good ball for us I wish him well.

His attitude killed him with most vol fans, it was like he didnt care at the end and the vandy game he looked like he quit he was not the only one.

he led a team with all that wr talent to 3 consecutive losing seasons. why did people think teams were going to be drooling over him?

Reactions: 2 people
he led a team with all that wr talent to 3 consecutive losing seasons. why did people think teams were going to be drooling over him?

Last time I checked, the offense isn't responsible for the defense giving up 40 points a game. I could be wrong though....

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back