U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

What do you know about it? When you say that you denigrate all service members. Freaking feather merchants.

Boy someone gets their panties in a wad when officers are criticized.

And he’s absolutely correct, most of our flag rank officers in all branches are more worried with diversity training than developing warriors.

Boy someone gets their panties in a wad when officers are criticized.

And he’s absolutely correct, most of our flag rank officers in all branches are more worried with diversity training than developing warriors.
I realize diversity training and the concept of woke is new, but has this happened before in the US Military?

Political initiatives taken over and reduced our war fighting capability?

I realize diversity training and the concept of woke is new, but has this happened before in the US Military?

Probably nothing on the scale we’re seeing now but I remember when “don’t ask, don’t tell” became policy. You had to be careful with what you said.

Because, you know, the military wants to kill Santa... I'm not even sure @Rasputin_Vol would go quite this far with his agenda.

MSNBC columnist calls for end of NORAD Santa tracker 'out of concern for Santa's safety' from US military

An MSNBC columnist is calling for the end of the NORAD Santa tracker, claiming that it is time to "decouple" Santa Claus from American military culture.

"No, I’d prefer we end the tradition because it’s about time that we decoupled St. Nick from the world’s most powerful military," Hayes Brown wrote. "American culture is saturated with a desire to associate the military with the saccharine. We get videos of soldiers returning home to their pets or children but never questions about why they were deployed for so long or what threat they were fighting; military jets flying over NFL games give us an injection of jingoist testosterone before more regionally focused battles of testosterone are played on the field; and we get the Netflix movie "Operation Christmas Drop," a seasonally themed rom-com that cheerfully seeks to boost approval for America’s military base in Guam."

"Earlier this month, a friend of mine mused on Twitter: "wonder if this will be the year NORAD finally kills Santa," Brown wrote. "It’s a great joke, which prompts this hypothetical: If the Air Force did accidentally target Santa, say during one of his stops outside the U.S., would we hear about it? Would the resulting loss of life be deemed 'credible'? Or would it just be another case investigated and tucked away in the Pentagon’s files?"

The NORAD Tracks Santa is a huge deal and honestly, something not really promoting the military at all. Yeah, it's military "themed" so to speak since it is NORAD, but they aren't taking a dime from it nor are they promoting the military in any way.

This is why we can't have nice things. Because liberals are always ****ing up things like this to the nth degree.

Because, you know, the military wants to kill Santa... I'm not even sure @Rasputin_Vol would go quite this far with his agenda.

MSNBC columnist calls for end of NORAD Santa tracker 'out of concern for Santa's safety' from US military

The NORAD Tracks Santa is a huge deal and honestly, something not really promoting the military at all. Yeah, it's military "themed" so to speak since it is NORAD, but they aren't taking a dime from it nor are they promoting the military in any way.

This is why we can't have nice things. Because liberals are always ****ing up things like this to the nth degree.

I dare say a deeper meaning. They hate Christmas.

Further proof that liberals will whine and complain about ANYTHING.

This blurb about the Navy’s requirements for the F-18 replacement gave me a chuckle -

The Super Hornet will eventually be phased out and replaced by the F/A-XX, the strike fighter component of the Next-Generation Air Dominance family of systems.

The Navy said that analysis indicates this plane "must have longer range and greater speed, incorporate passive and active sensor technology, and possess the capability to employ the longer-range weapons programmed for the future."

Know what has longer range, greater speed, and longer-range weapons than the F-18?
The F-14 (the plane it replaced).

The US Navy wants a more powerful air wing to give its aircraft carriers an edge against China

I'd say it is one of those type things which tends to happen now and then.

Last edited:
While this story is not specific to the US Navy, it does reference the SEALs and Rangers as facing the same issues.

More accusations of lowered standards during selection processes for special operations units -

Air Force general calls B.S. on social media claims that female special ops trainee got ‘preferential treatment’

I don’t doubt this story 1 bit. I’ve heard stories of how they got the first female Ranger students to pass, some careers were almost ruined.

I don’t doubt this story 1 bit. I’ve heard stories of how they got the first female Ranger students to pass, some careers were almost ruined.
I especially like the AF General’s fervent denial.

You know… not that this did not happen, but that the story is, wait for it - “missing context”.

So they are not denying this happened. We just don’t know the entire story…

Reactions: hog88
Navy extends boot camp for ‘character development’

The Navy is extending boot camp an additional two weeks to place a larger emphasis on sailors’ "character development."

Boot camp will now be 10 weeks instead of eight, officials announced on Friday. The additional two weeks will be the “Sailor for Life” training phase, which “provides recruits with more training in mentorship, small-unit leadership, advanced Warrior Toughness training, and professional and personal development,” a statement from the service branch reads.

The extended boot camp, which marks the first major restructuring of the training process in nearly two decades, comes as the Navy has faced a series of shipboard crises in recent years, from fires to collisions, in addition to the wide-ranging military problems of increased suicides and sexual assaults.

Couture told reporters that the additional time will focus on “life skills” training to address problems that include sexual misconduct, hazing, and suicide, according to the Associated Press.

The Navy is extending boot camp an additional two weeks to place a larger emphasis on sailors’ "character development."

Boot camp will now be 10 weeks instead of eight, officials announced on Friday. The additional two weeks will be the “Sailor for Life” training phase, which “provides recruits with more training in mentorship, small-unit leadership, advanced Warrior Toughness training, and professional and personal development,” a statement from the service branch reads.

The extended boot camp, which marks the first major restructuring of the training process in nearly two decades, comes as the Navy has faced a series of shipboard crises in recent years, from fires to collisions, in addition to the wide-ranging military problems of increased suicides and sexual assaults.

Couture told reporters that the additional time will focus on “life skills” training to address problems that include sexual misconduct, hazing, and suicide, according to the Associated Press.

2 weeks of sensitivity and diversity training would suck.

Navy says pilot forced to evacuate after jet ‘landing mishap’ that injured seven sailors in South China Sea

Seven sailors were injured Monday when a fighter jet suffered a "landing mishap" on the deck of the USS Carl Vinson and was forced to evacuate, the U.S. Navy said.

The F-35C Joint Strike Fighter jet was conducting routine flight operations in the South China Sea when the mishap occurred, the Navy said in a statement.

The pilot was recovered by a U.S. military helicopter after safely ejecting from the aircraft, the Navy said, adding that pilot is in stable condition.

Navy says pilot forced to evacuate after jet ‘landing mishap’ that injured seven sailors in South China Sea

Heroic Navy sailor saves man's life at a California gym

Navy Counselor 1st Class Ryan P. Lighten performed CPR and other life-saving measures on a man who was found unconscious and unresponsive

A good sailor never forgets his training.

A senior sailor in the U.S. Navy saved another man’s life recently while both men were at a gym in California working out.

When an individual was found unconscious and unresponsive on the floor, the sailor, Ryan P. Lighten, immediately jumped into action.

Navy Counselor 1st Class Ryan P. Lighten used the training he received in the Navy to successfully resuscitate the civilian earlier this month while working out at EoS Fitness in Temecula, Calif.

Lighten successfully saved the man's life after about 15 minutes of performing CPR, the Navy Talent Acquisition Group Southwest (NTAGS) noted.

iStock-972941832.jpg

Navy Counselor 1st Class Ryan P. Lighten participated in countless life-saving drills while stationed aboard the USS Somerset. (iStock, File)

Heroic Navy sailor saves man's life at a California gym

Reactions: Orangeburst

VN Store

Back