U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

They have stopped purchasing them - specifically the Marine Corps.

Navy has their 44 to support their 11 carriers.
Air Force has theirs for special operations.
Marines cut their purchases at ~300.

Sounds like the Marines will run with what they have, then look to see how the Army’s new tilt-rotor performs.

Tilt propulsion is the future. Osprey was the 1st generation of that technology.

Reactions: hog88
You can build a submarine that is a lot cheaper than our current models.

Germany, for example, could build 20 U-Boats for the costs of one Bismarck-class Battleship in WW2.

Haven't you guys ever played Hearts of Iron 4 :).

Reactions: scooty_vol

Germany, for example, could build 20 U-Boats for the costs of one Bismarck-class Battleship in WW2.

What current submarine in production would you recommend?

Hearts of Iron?

I think I read somewhere that the Navy plans to go smaller platforms packing the same punch in larger numbers. Drones have changed the landscape of every aspect of war. Big ships are easier to find, hit and sink.

I think I read somewhere that the Navy plans to go smaller platforms packing the same punch in larger numbers. Drones have changed the landscape of every aspect of war. Big ships are easier to find, hit and sink.
Yes. Distributed Warfare.

What current submarine in production would you recommend?

Hearts of Iron?

World War II game. Yeah Modern Submarines are massive but you can make smaller craft similar to submarines from WW2 era. As pointed out, nations like Nazi Germany invested more in Submarines and Aircraft in later part of war because they were cheaper and more effective weapons than Battleships for Naval Combat. Aircraft Carriers became the mainstay capital ships as well.

Hearts of Iron 4 is World War 2 Strategy game.

BREAKING NEWS: Ten people, including two high-ranking US Navy SEALs, will Face Prosecution over the Death of Recruit Kyle Mullen during 'Hell Week'

At least ten people, including two high-ranking Navy seals, could face prosecution after Kyle Mullen, a New Jersey man and SEAL candidate, died following the completion of 'Hell Week,' a rigorous exercise involving 20 hours a day of physical training.

Medical oversight and care were 'poorly organized, poorly integrated and poorly led and put candidates at significant risk,' the nearly 200-page report compiled by the Naval Education and Training Command concluded.

The Navy's legal command will now look into the findings, with one official telling CBS News it was unlikely all 10 singled out face court martial.

Three Navy officers received administrative 'non-punitive' letters as a result of Mullen's death. Navy Capt. Brian Drechsler, who was commander of the Naval Special Warfare Center, received a letter and was pulled out of the job this month.

71425725-12126111-image-a-18_1685053744693.jpg

At least ten people, including two high-ranking Navy seals, could face prosecution after Kyle Mullen, a New Jersey man and SEAL candidate, died following the completion of 'Hell Week,' a rigorous exercise involving 20 hours a day of physical training

The training program for Navy SEALs is plagued by widespread failures in medical care, poor oversight and the use of performance-enhancing drugs that have increased the risk of injury and death to those seeking to become elite commandos, according to an investigation triggered by the death of a sailor last year.

Ten people, including two high-ranking Navy SEALs, face prosecution over death of Kyle Mullen | Daily Mail Online

Navy Scrubs LGBTQ Posts from Twitter and Instagram and Removes its Rainbow Banner Before Posting Lengthy Statement In 'Celebration' of Pride Month a day later

The US Navy has scrubbed its social media of Pride posts and removed its rainbow banner just two days into Pride Month as it continues to distance itself from controversial topics.

On Thursday - the first day of Pride Month - the US Navy reportedly changed its social media banners to feature a multi-colored photo of naval equipment streaked with pride flags.

A day later, the Navy's profiles have all switched to featuring a photo taken from an aircraft flying by a naval ship.

In addition, it removed posts from Twitter and Instagram where the Navy said it took 'pride in all of our Sailors.'

The Secretary of the Navy, Carlos Del Toro, released a statement on Friday afternoon regarding Pride Month, writing: 'The Department of the Navy (DON) joins the Nation in celebrating Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, and Intersex (LBGTQI+) Pride Month during the month of June.

71709457-12153699-On_Thursday_the_first_day_of_Pride_Month_the_US_Navy_reportedly_-a-56_1685741897785.jpg

Navy scrubs LGBTQ posts from Twitter and Instagram and removes its rainbow banner | Daily Mail Online

Navy Secretary Touts Ships as ‘Beacons’ for ‘Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’

The Navy Secretary touted its ships as “beacons in every port of call” for “diversity, equity, and inclusion,” in a message to the force celebrating Pride Month.

In the message to the force, Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro highlighted Harvey Milk, the first openly-gay candidate to be elected to state office in California, who was also a lieutenant junior grade. In 2016, then-Navy Secretary Ray Mabus named a ship after Milk.

Navy Secretary Touts Ships as 'Beacons' for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion

You do know those German subs are conventional powered boats don't you? Big difference in capability.

Reactions: AM64
Navy Secretary Touts Ships as ‘Beacons’ for ‘Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’

The Navy Secretary touted its ships as “beacons in every port of call” for “diversity, equity, and inclusion,” in a message to the force celebrating Pride Month.

In the message to the force, Navy Secretary Carlos Del Toro highlighted Harvey Milk, the first openly-gay candidate to be elected to state office in California, who was also a lieutenant junior grade. In 2016, then-Navy Secretary Ray Mabus named a ship after Milk.

Navy Secretary Touts Ships as 'Beacons' for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Maybe this is why China isn’t afraid to approach our ships……I’d rather them be a beacon of whoopa$$

Smokescreen? Is there any way Biden doesn’t choose Adm Lisa Franchetti to be the next Navy Chief?

Austin recommends Pacific leader as next Navy chief, passing over female admiral

I like Paparo’s resume to lead the Navy vs China in the Pacific.

He’s an aviator.
Led 5th Fleet - Persian Gulf into the Indian Ocean.
Currently leads Pacific Fleet - that’s where China is.

She’s a surface warfare officer.
Led 6th Fleet - that’s Europe.
She did lead Naval Forces Korea - a plus.
She’s a journalism major - ick.

My question is why is Adm John Aquilino not being tapped for the role? He is the commander for Indo-Pacific.

You salute with your right arm, not left. So the servicemember is saluting with the rainbow colors in the background, as he/she is facing away from them.

It's not illegal to salute anything other than the US flag. Friendly flags get saluted during their anthems.

I can't imagine living my life being so upset about the smallest things.

They were deep sea submarines, so a little more than power boats. They engaged US ships off our own coastline.

Are you talking WW2 boats? I thought you were talking about modern electric boats. The Europeans make a lot of those since we don't make any. Sell to a lot of countries looking for cheaper alternatives, like India, that are only looking to project regional sea power..

Reactions: AM64

VN Store

Back