U.S. Navy Not Fit For War

The Navy has finally realized that the Arleigh Burke DDG ‘s
( guided missile destroyers ) are some of the best war ships
ever built, so they-are upgrading them with the newest electronics
and weapon systems. Look up The Sullivans DDG 58 to see one.
The Arleigh’s are awesome. We should build 100 more of them.

One day they’ll be retired, and go down as one of the most successful platforms of all time.

We are screwed
we just dont have the shipyard ability to match the CCP
The Arleigh has an incredibly advanced systems suite, but the hull itself isn’t. These aren’t nuclear submarines.

We should have 5 shipyards pumping Arleighs and Constellation Frigates year round.

Reactions: TennEddie
The Arleigh has an incredibly advanced systems suite, but the hull itself isn’t. These aren’t nuclear submarines.

We should have 5 shipyards pumping Arleighs and Constellation Frigates year round.
Well LCS aren’t hard either and look how that turned out
Our shipbuilding capacity has been gutted compared to China

See, I think the Perry Class Frigates could have been updated and improved. Those are tough bastards that just needed upgrades on the weapons and electronics side.

The LCS have plenty wrong. But those are design flaws, right?
It’s not that we can’t build them. Hell, we’re still building them. It’s not a manufacturing issue with those.

But yea, our capacity is dreadful. We should be dedicating it to platforms that work, like the Arleigh (and hopefully Constellation).

And we should be building out capacity - more mid size shipbuilders like Austal & Marinette. The Gulf should be awash in shipyards from Houston to Pensacola.

See, I think the Perry Class Frigates could have been updated and improved. Those are tough bastards that just needed upgrades on the weapons and electronics side.
Good design. Good ship. The Perry’s are still sailing.

Got over a dozen still in reserve here too.

Exactly the kind of platform we need right now - Cheap & Dependable.

The LCS have plenty wrong. But those are design flaws, right?
It’s not that we can’t build them. Hell, we’re still building them. It’s not a manufacturing issue with those.

But yea, our capacity is dreadful. We should be dedicating it to platforms that work, like the Arleigh (and hopefully Constellation).

And we should be building out capacity - more mid size shipbuilders like Austal & Marinette. The Gulf should be awash in shipyards from Houston to Pensacola.

On LCS not sure if design or QC

The top speed (when available) guzzles gas - that’s a design flaw.
The hulls cannot withstand high seas at speed - they had to redesign them.
The combining gear is a class wide design failure.

It’s just an awful boat.
I wonder how the Independence stacks up
The Freedom tri hull is unique
These ships seem great for island warfare

US Navy Stops Iran from Seizing Two Oil Tankers in Gulf of Oman

Iranian navy opened fire on one commercial oil tanker

The U.S. Navy on Wednesday said it stopped Iran from seizing two commercial tankers in the Gulf of Oman following a series of attacks and seizures on vessels in the region since 2019.

US Navy stops Iran from seizing two oil tankers in Gulf of Oman
If there was ever a legitimate reason to sink those boats, the piracy they are engaging in would be it. It’s not enough to simply chase them away. It’s why our Navy is there, to ensure freedom of international maritime commerce. I don’t get why we don’t make an example out of these little pissants.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
US Navy Stops Iran from Seizing Two Oil Tankers in Gulf of Oman

Iranian navy opened fire on one commercial oil tanker

The U.S. Navy on Wednesday said it stopped Iran from seizing two commercial tankers in the Gulf of Oman following a series of attacks and seizures on vessels in the region since 2019.

US Navy stops Iran from seizing two oil tankers in Gulf of Oman
What is the Iranian justification for seizing foreign flagged vessels in international waters? Anybody know?

@Rasputin_Vol do you know?

How many accidents lead to war? Chinese aggressive actions with their jets and ships or a miscalculation could trigger a conflict. Also, you have Biden saying multiple times that we will protect Taiwan.
e those jets and ships being aggressive off the coast of California or in the Gulf of Mexico? Help me to understand where the "aggressive actions" are taking place that you are talking about. Show me on a map.

Our domestic policy of outsourcing our manufacturing to China is now registering with people wrt how it affects our military capabilities...

It took 40+ years to destroy and would take just as long, minimum, to build back up.

Reactions: Orangeburst
If there was ever a legitimate reason to sink those boats, the piracy they are engaging in would be it. It’s not enough to simply chase them away. It’s why our Navy is there, to ensure freedom of international maritime commerce. I don’t get why we don’t make an example out of these little pissants.
Wait... you do realize that the US started this nonsense by having the Greeks seize oil tankers last year because of Russian sanctions, right?

Iranian oil tanker's cargo seized in Greece after US request

Wait... you do realize that the US started this nonsense by having the Greeks seize oil tankers last year because of Russian sanctions, right?

Iranian oil tanker's cargo seized in Greece after US request
Your link states the oil in the ship was Iranian so it violated US/EU sanctions, the oil was professionally commandeered and the ship released. Iran attempts to use military force in international waters to disrupt maritime commerce.

e those jets and ships being aggressive off the coast of California or in the Gulf of Mexico? Help me to understand where the "aggressive actions" are taking place that you are talking about. Show me on a map.

So, you don’t care if they are being aggressive against US men and women? Just my opinion, it doesn’t matter where they are being aggressive at.

Navy Set To Lose Out On Jets Due To Row With Boeing

Dispute over data rights has bogged down contract negotiations for Super Hornets.

A U.S. Navy Blue Angels F/A-18 Hornet flies over the San Francisco Bay. Washington has been eager to replenish rickety jet stocks and stave off a strike fighter shortfall with new Super Hornets, which are considered the backbone of the Navy’s aviation operations at sea. | Justin Sullivan/Getty Images

Boeing and the Navy aren’t getting along, and it’s costing the military essential jets needed to phase out aging aircraft and be prepared for potential conflict with China.

The Navy is set to get only 16 of the last F/A-18 Super Hornet jets Boeing will ever make instead of the 20 appropriated due to a dispute over intellectual property rights that’s dragging out negotiations, Rep. Mike Garcia (R-Calif.), a member of the House Appropriations defense subcommittee and a former Super Hornet pilot, tells POLITICO.

Navy set to lose out on jets due to row with Boeing

VN Store

Back