UFC 159 - April 27th @ 10PM ET

unconventional
Light Heavyweight Championship
Jon Jones(17-1) vs. Chael Sonnen(27-12-1)

Michael Bisping(23-5) vs. Alan Belcher(18-7)

Roy Nelson(18-7) vs. Cheick Kongo(18-7-2)

Phil Davis(10-1) vs. Vinny Magalhaes(10-5)

Jim Miller(22-4) vs. Pat Healy(29-16)

Would be sad times if Sonnen and Bisping both won in the same night. Who am I kidding though... no chance Sonnen wins. I might actually poo poo in mah pants if he does.

And I'm assuming some boxing tard messed with the UFC card on wiki. Phil Davis is listed as Phil Collins and it takes you to the singers wiki page. And Jon Jones is listed as John Jones which takes you to Martian Manhunt. Some comic book character I've never heard of...

Jon Jones, Michael Bisping, Roy Nelson, Phil Davis and Jim Miller for the win. Although I'll be pulling for Belcher against Bisping and Kongo against Nelson. I kind of liked Nelson until TUF. Maybe because Carwin is my favorite fighter or maybe because Nelson was kind of a dummy, I don't know. At least he called Colton a douche and he was right about that. Sucks he ended up winning TUF.

Last edited:
UFC's Jon Jones knows exactly when he wants superfight

Looks as though Jon Jones is serious about moving up to heavyweight after he surpasses Tito for title defenses.

I'm all for him smashing in Sonnen's face, taking the torch from Silva and then moving up to heavyweight. I think if he wants to, he'll hurt Sonnen and I think he'd beat Silva. Honestly, I'm not convinced he wouldn't beat Silva even in Silva's prime. Heavyweight though... that would be something. Any number of those guys can beat Jones imo.

Jones should destroy Sonnen. However, I've learned not to underestimate Chael after the first Silva fight.

Jones at heavyweight is interesting. Even though the guy is freakishly good, I have a hard time seeing him beat guys like Velasquez and Dos Santos. If anything, I would like to see him stay at LHW, unless a superfight arises, and fight Mousasi, Gustafsson, Teixera, etc. There are still some good fights for him there.

Reactions: 1 person
I want to see Jones fight Struve at a catch-weight. That fight has been hinted at in the past.

id like to see it, but after making Sonnen vs Jones a title fight, it doesn't make sense to have him fight Struve in a non title fight. its still unbelievable to me that this is a title fight

id like to see it, but after making Sonnen vs Jones a title fight, it doesn't make sense to have him fight Struve in a non title fight. its still unbelievable to me that this is a title fight

Nobody would buy the PPV if it wasn't.

I gotta disagree there. Jones is a marquee name now. He'll sell PPVs no matter if his fights are for titles or not. Anderson vs Forrest was a huge PPV.

That should tell them something, make better fights. Giving a guy a title shot just because he can talk? Is this the WWE? Im starting to wonder, and i actually am a huge WWE fan.

If you're in the business of making money, you make the fights that will sell. Unless they go to a tournament format down the road, it will remain that way.

And yes, Chael likely got the title shot due to his ability to talk, but he is 5-2 in his last 7 fights, and we all know who those losses are to.

If you're in the business of making money, you make the fights that will sell. Unless they go to a tournament format down the road, it will remain that way.

And yes, Chael likely got the title shot due to his ability to talk, but he is 5-2 in his last 7 fights, and we all know who those losses are to.

Bisping "beat" Chael.

That should tell them something, make better fights. Giving a guy a title shot just because he can talk? Is this the WWE? Im starting to wonder, and i actually am a huge WWE fan.

Were you just as upset that Belfort got the title shot at UFC 152?

Kinda ho hum card but I'll watch it just because we watch all of them. I'm looking forward to GSP & Hendricks whenever that happens.

Light Heavyweight Championship
Jon Jones(17-1) vs. Chael Sonnen(27-12-1)

Michael Bisping(23-5) vs. Alan Belcher(18-7)

Roy Nelson(18-7) vs. Cheick Kongo(18-7-2)

Phil Davis(10-1) vs. Vinny Magalhaes(10-5)

Jim Miller(22-4) vs. Pat Healy(29-16)

I feel fairly confident about who is going to win most fights so in one way, I get that the card might not be the most thrilling. On the other hand, they have a bunch of good and or fun fighters. Bones/Sonnen, Bisping/Belcher, Big Country, Davis and Miller. Those are some pretty good fighters. The fact that Jim Miller is the opening fight speaks a little that the card is fairly deep with quality fighters. The quality fighters just don't happen to be fighting each other lol. Phil Davis should probably be the opening fight but he's good. His only loss is to the Rashad Evans(by decision) so that's saying something.

I totally understand not paying for it. Heck, I say as spend as little as possible on Dana White/UFC lol. $45-55 is expensive for PPV's. Especially when there are more than one a month sometimes. Who wants to a grand a year on PPV's?

There are a number of good fighters on the card though imo. And the bright side is, you have the potential to see Sonnen and Bisping get beat up in the same night. :)

I'm rooting for Chael and I don't care who knows it.

boooooooooooooooooooooooo lol

Silva-Sonnen-2-UFC-117-press.jpg

azdr20.gif

mma_chael_sonnen1_576_large.jpg

UFC_117_Weighin-Silva2.jpg

Hoping for the same outcome tomorrow night. :)

Cornholio ‏@mattmitrione

Ur a spoiled brat that needs 2b taught a lesson & I'm the guy2do it. Come fight me at hvywgt within 1 year or ur a coward, kid @JonnyBones

Mittrione just tweeted that to Jones. I don't blame him one bit, either.

I honestly know nothing about Matt Mitrione lol.

I don't get who why Jones is a spoiled brat and a coward?

Sorry but if Jones moved up, I get the feeling he'd beat Mitrione. If anything, it sounds like Mirtrione may be a coward. He wants Jones to be his first heavyweight fight. Is that because he knows if Jones has proper time to put on weight, he'd lay waste to him? The guy calls him a coward and then refers to him as a kid. Is he saying he needs to beat up kids 10 years younger and smaller than him because he can't beat quality fighters in his own weight class?

I'm not a Jones fan but I don't understand these comments about him being spoiled. Dude worked his way up to be quite possibly the best MMA fighter of all-time. He's already knocking on the doorstep of Silva in my opinion. 17 guys have had an opportunity to beat him and not a single one has. He cleaned out arguably the deepest division in UFC. Machida, Shogun, Evans, Rampage, Vera, Bader, Belfort, Bonnar...

And there may just be something to Jones calling him a scumbag. Mitrione's wiki page for whatever reason felt the need to state he's close friends with Jeremy Shockey. That's odd but anyways, I view Shockey as a scumbag and the two are close friends? Hm... lol. And this is coming from someone who was a huge Shockey fan when he first entered the NFL.

I can tell you hate Jones, shelbyville but I've actually gone in the other direction. I hated him more at first when was on the rise. Over time though, he's shown himself to be rather humble in my opinion and nothing was handed to him. I'm at a loss for words about the spoiled comment that was made haha.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back