UFC 162 - July 6 @ 10 pm

The post fight interview was harder to follow than his second round antics..
It's like he went into it knowing he was going to lose

I got the impression he wanted to lose because he is tired of fighting. He just wasn't going to give in. Same situation like Ricky Bobby and the french guy on Talladega Nights. :)

My friend asked me if i think he threw it, i dont. Sounds like you might?

I've watched most of the UFC fights, and I've never seen anything like that

Silva showed no respect at all with all the taunting, he left himself too open, too many times

It was very odd.
I hate when fighters pull that showboat crap in the fight. If Silva would have fought with a Tyson like attitude I would be a fan. Instead I was very happy he got smashed.

when his eyes rolled back in his head it was over

Silva showed no respect at all with all the taunting, he left himself too open, too many times

Im a Silva fan, and the only other time ive seen him that careless was against Damian Maia.

Looked like his fight against Forest Griffen. Ended differently though.

I got the impression he wanted to lose because he is tired of fighting. He just wasn't going to give in. Same situation like Ricky Bobby and the french guy on Talladega Nights. :)

Multiple people I was sitting next to at mad dogs tonight said the same thing about silva.

Also Dan Henderson Finished his night off 25 feet from where I was sitting taking pictures. Really nice guy.

Im a Silva fan, and the only other time ive seen him that careless was against Damian Maia.

Yeah the Maia fight was bad too. He has always taunted, tonight just seemed like it was worse than others. Either he really didn't respect Weidman at all, or he didn't care if he won or not

I agree. I think Silva has gotten to that point where Bj Penn and Gsp were at. That point where they feel that nothing can challenge them. Only Penn and GSP decided to make the fights interesting for them by not training hard (or hardly training at all), where Silva does things like putting his hands down. Only difference is Silva has been able to get away with it for so long.

that Edgar fight sure was a sight to behold. ive been watching UFC since it started. maybe ive just watched it too long or maybe tv is just saturated with mma but a good bit of fights bore me these days til a good scrap like that fight comes along or even the Munoz fight. probably a ridiculous thought but i wouldnt mind seeing fighters stood up faster if neither fighter is doing any damage in the guard and i would break clinches up against the fence as well.

Give credit where credit is due, Weidman won that fight fair and square! He took down a living legend in the world of MMA, and KO'd a man that has never been KO's before, riding high on a 16 fight win streak in the UFC and 10 title defenses. Silva for what was coming to him, and what better guy to deliver it to him than a hungry, fearless fighter like Weidman? He deserves a boatload of respect, and I have to say that this was one of the most exciting moments in UFC history that you just don't see everyday! And honestly, if a rematch does take place, I think Weidman beats him again. He dominated Silva on the ground in the first round, and landed some strong punches on the feet in round 1 to win the round. If he takes him down, he could finish Silva by GNP or submission IMO. Weidman also possesses the KO power to finish fights on the feet which he has proven tonight! And the best part is, he still has room for improvement! I think he's in store for a long title reign if he can get by Belfort. Vitor has been on a roll lately, and will be a tough first title defense if the Silva rematch doesn't take place. I'm glad to see that the underdog prevailed tonight, and I hope Weidman keeps the 185 pound gold around his waist for a while! Guy's pure class!

Never mind Silva sounds like he just doesn't care anymore. I almost think he dogged it.

Never mind Silva sounds like he just doesn't care anymore. I almost think he dogged it.

Of course that's his excuse. No doubt he's the better fighter but he let silly ego bs get his ass knocked out. He's done it before but this time it but him.

I agree. I think Silva has gotten to that point where Bj Penn and Gsp were at. That point where they feel that nothing can challenge them. Only Penn and GSP decided to make the fights interesting for them by not training hard (or hardly training at all), where Silva does things like putting his hands down. Only difference is Silva has been able to get away with it for so long.

GSP doesn't train hard?

VN Store

Back