UFC 162 - July 6 @ 10 pm

So I missed this interview from 2 days ago...

UFC boss: Georges St-Pierre doesn't want superfight vs. Anderson Silva

"There's no doubt about it — that's a fact (that St-Pierre doesn't want the fight)," White told MMAjunkie.com on Thursday following the pre-event news conference for UFC 162. "If that was the case, he'd say, '(Expletive) Weidman. I'll take that fight. I really think Weidman's going to beat him, but I don't want Weidman to beat him. I want to be the guy to beat him.' "

St-Pierre, though, apparently doesn't believe Silva will beat Weidman. So instead of holding off to see if Silva gets another win, then trying to put a superfight together, St-Pierre focused his next effort on top welterweight contender Johny Hendricks. The two are expected to meet at UFC 167 in November in Las Vegas.

"I've been working hard to try to make those fights," White said. "Georges St-Pierre would not even think about this fight because Anderson Silva's going to (lose), according to Georges St-Pierre."

Well... GSP knows his stuff apparently.

Odd that Brazilians I know and Gracie trained were laughing and happy at the Silva loss. Want to find out more as to why.
Frankly though, isn't he 38? That's old for the mma game. No way the same strength and quickness are there.

He was way faster then weidman last night...if he hadn't been an idiot and showboating he might have won..

I thought going into it, no way Silva loses, but when Weidman took him down in the first round, it looked like it was going to be a good fight, then Silva came out in the second and started taunting and dancing around with his hands down, and Weidman knocked him smooth the **** out

GSP doesn't train hard?

Fun fact I learned about GSP in a documentary on him. In his fight against Matt Serra, George only trained for about a week. Reasons being he was having too much fun partying, and he thought that there was no way Serra could challenge him.

Fun fact I learned about GSP in a documentary on him. In his fight against Matt Serra, George only trained for about a week. Reasons being he was having too much fun partying, and he thought that there was no way Serra could challenge him.

I think I understand what you are saying, but it came off differently than I think you intended. Initially, it sounded as if you took that one example of GSP vs. Serra and made it seem as if GSP never trains.

Are you sure they didn't mean train as in specifically for Serra.

Unless you're big country, I feel like most of these guys are training year round regardless of who they fight. They stay in shape, workout, spar and so on. If true about GSP, I'd assume they meant train specifically for Serra. But then again, I don't know. GSP is in really good shape though and I doubt he didn't just not give a crap for months until the final week as far as staying in shape and his career goes.

As in GSP's camp for that fight was only about a week. So yes he was doing cardio and routine sparring sessions, just not specifically for Serra.

As in GSP's camp for that fight was only about a week. So yes he was doing cardio and routine sparring sessions, just not specifically for Serra.

Gotchya.

That's not too smart either.

I guess when you're that good though, you can get away with it?

Except last night lol

Anderson-SIlva-KO.gif

Are you sure they didn't mean train as in specifically for Serra.

Unless you're big country, I feel like most of these guys are training year round regardless of who they fight. They stay in shape, workout, spar and so on. If true about GSP, I'd assume they meant train specifically for Serra. But then again, I don't know. GSP is in really good shape though and I doubt he didn't just not give a crap for months until the final week as far as staying in shape and his career goes.

BJ was a guy that didn't train a lot, he mostly relied on god given talent. Which is why his cardio was always horrible. BJs my guy but he was kinda lazy.

I've never been much of a Silva fan, but strangely I earned a new respect for him. My buddy lives right by his gym (Redondo Beach area) and has met him a few times and said he is the nicest guy. After his post-fight comments it seems that he is actually a pretty humble guy and that his taunting in the ring is just an attempt at showmanship and nothing more.

VN Store

Back