Uniform changes for 2013

They are companies based in the United States, so they are American companies. Adidas is German. Although yes, all three companies have their products made by third world children. When you use quotation marks to quote me, how about using an actual quote, Sunshine? Did you forget to pay attention to that part in english class because you were so proud of learning the word "hyperbole"? (See what i did there with the whole quoting thing?) I have several UT golf polos and climalite stuff from Adidas, and similar apparel from Nike. The Nike stuff has held up longer and fits better. Also, Nike's overall style and color matching is much more consistent. So we can tone it down to 100x better if you like. Not here to fight dude, just asking. But seriously, did you see the checkerboards on Kentucky's uniforms? Lol

Who cares about the checkerboards on UKs stuff?

They trotted the checkered patterns out a couple years ago saying it had to do with some kind of horse racing silks.

I don't see what it has to do with anything.

here something that nobody thought of on the board,and that's putting that state of Tennessee flag decal on the back of the helmets (like LSU and S.Carolina does w/ theirs)

I don't see why not!

Regarding the Nike/Adidas debate, I'm just wondering if Tennessee is aware that your two biggest rivals (Bama and UF) are among Nike's "elite" customers and 2 of only 3 schools to be wearing the most advanced uniforms in college football this season?

Florida Gators will wear new Nike football uniforms for 2013 season - Gamedayr : Gamedayr

Bama actually already wore the new jersey technology in the national title game vs. Notre Dame. We will be debuting them this fall, along with Texas. The uniforms are made from ridiculously lightweight material and will be the most breathable college football uniforms in the country - perfect for an environment like The Swamp. This could equate to several extra snaps for first team players before needing a breather.

The Vols need to get out of the Adidas contract and close the gap. Notre Dame was wearing Adidas and you saw what happened against our newest Nike technology that Bama was wearing. Eddie Lacy was zipping up and down the field, Bama's O line never got tired, Amari Cooper was flying behind the defense..it's time for UT to upgrade and get on track with the other leaders of the SEC. Look at it this way: If us and Bama are doing it, it has to make sense.

Regarding the Nike/Adidas debate, I'm just wondering if Tennessee is aware that your two biggest rivals (Bama and UF) are among Nike's "elite" customers and 2 of only 3 schools to be wearing the most advanced uniforms in college football this season?

Florida Gators will wear new Nike football uniforms for 2013 season - Gamedayr : Gamedayr

Bama actually already wore the new jersey technology in the national title game vs. Notre Dame. We will be debuting them this fall, along with Texas. The uniforms are made from ridiculously lightweight material and will be the most breathable college football uniforms in the country - perfect for an environment like The Swamp. This could equate to several extra snaps for first team players before needing a breather.

The Vols need to get out of the Adidas contract and close the gap. Notre Dame was wearing Adidas and you saw what happened against our newest Nike technology that Bama was wearing. Eddie Lacy was zipping up and down the field, Bama's O line never got tired, Amari Cooper was flying behind the defense..it's time for UT to upgrade and get on track with the other leaders of the SEC. Look at it this way: If us and Bama are doing it, it has to make sense.

Dumbest post I've ever seen on this forum! Ever!

Reactions: 13 people

OR another way to look at it is if you're Tennessee, and its something that two of your hated rivals are doing/using, it's THE LAST thing you want to do. And if you think uniforms were a deciding factor in that game, then it seems less odd that you were posting drivel at 4 am on this board. Btw, those super new high tech unis from the slide show are ugly as sin. The only thing they are really showcasing is the gut on that gator.

tumblr_mmlc3u3GrN1sowm4do1_400.gif

Reactions: 6 people

Hell naw we won't do anything just because UF and Bama are doing it.

Reactions: 2 people
lol at the guy thinking the material of the jersey makes bama and florida faster stronger, lighter and able to take more snaps.

I like adidas.

holler.

Reactions: 5 people
lol at the guy thinking the material of the jersey makes bama and florida faster stronger, lighter and able to take more snaps.

I like adidas.

holler.

All you have to do is take a look at the shell venting and jersey venting to know it's nonsense (the mesh doesn't align and for good reason as it wouldn't work in a sport like football) -- or hell ask a woman who has worn swimsuits that feature mesh holes if it makes them cooler because it's basically the same material with slight additives thrown in. The only thing that matters with these various techs is the various coolgear and heatgear implementations as well as the tighter fit of jerseys that now reduces drag. UA figured out a decent formula to improve spandex by adding a small blend of other fabric but it's still spandex.

Both Nike and Adidas as well as UA have hello good marketing machines and in the US there's no restrictions/penalties regarding what most other countries would prevent or sanction as flat out lies about in advertising (including lies about what these things do).

Also, both Nike and Adidas parlayed the success of the now banned full body speedo suits into a pitch that this stuff improves performance. Reducing drag is what matters BUT that's been done. And speedo suits wouldn't work in football as they have no seams and weren't designed to be used more than once (they quite literally fall apart with too much usage). They were also banned for lack of availability and lack of teams from around the world to afford them. While compression can feel good to wear and if it's tight enough even help (like an ace bandage it can help sore muscles) neither company has made improvements to full football tech since the first groups came along.

A mesh based football jersey made of this stuff will not keep anyone cooler for multiple reasons. It's ALL marketing. You can argue style til your heart's content but arguing jersey and shell tech is crazy.

If you seriously think the reason ND was smashed by Alabama was because of the uniforms, please stop watching college football.

Reactions: 6 people

Did you see that Adidas school that beat the gators in the Sugar Bowl........your argument is invalid

Reactions: 3 people
I guess I'm the only one not all that thrilled over the idea of a grey uniform. I mean it's....GREY! It's a horrible uniform color IMO. It's drab, it's dreary and it would add no "pop" to our uniforms whatsoever.

You're not alone. I just saw that on twitter and thought it was worth posting. We will see how it looks come Oregon I guess.

My guess is you wear pantyhose and assless chaps

VN Store

Back