Uniform changes for 2013

Disagree. I have never liked the black outlines on our away uniforms. Mostly because I have always preferred the clean, simplistic 2-color scheme on uniforms as opposed to unis that have a 3 and sometimes 4-color scheme. But also I think it looks ridiculous to have black trim around our numbers and then nowhere else on the uniform. If they would incorporate the black trim around the power T's on the helmet, on either side of the stripe down the middle of the helmet, and on either side of the stripes on the pants, then it might look OK. However as it is, it just looks tacked on.

Personally I wish they would just incorporate the thinner orange outline around the numbers the way they used to do back in the early 90's...

miley-91notredame-500.jpg

Take the modern jersey with the orange checkerboard numbers and include the thin orange trim around them, that would look awesome!!

The problem with the Cowboys jerseys is that it doesn’t increase legibility (those were the numbers the Cowboys used in the late 80s early 90s). And it’s different than the home jersey. Other than the ‘TENNESSEE’ I like the homes and aways looking the same.

And I’ve wanted the black outlines on everything for years, and I completely understand why they don’t do it. I just don’t agree with it.

NCAA 14 was pretty accurate on the home jersey. The need to move either the T or the Adidas logo toward the collar. But it's a small matter. I really want to see the actual away jersey. Glad to see the black outline around the numbers is gone. I hope they go with the all white "storm trooper" look too.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, the video game sorta stole some of the punch of that exclusive story. We already know what the new uniforms look like.

Has anyone seen the Freshman helmets? Any photos to post? I seen them in a tweet and a video.

They all have a black stripe in place of the orange. "The orange must be earned."

Go Vols!

Has anyone seen the Freshman helmets? Any photos to post? I seen them in a tweet and a video.

They all have a black stripe in place of the orange. "The orange must be earned."

Go Vols!

For those who haven't seen, from "Vol Photos" Twitter account:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 23
Does anyone know when we re-negotiate with Adidas? I'm seriously hoping that we switch to Nike or UnderArmor next go round. At least they are American companies, plus they are 1000x better than Adidas. Also, have you guys seen kentucky's checkerboard sleeves for football this year? Since when was checkerboard their thing? The kentucky basketball players had checkerboards on their shorts when we smashed them in TBA this year. I was pretty confused about it...

Does anyone know when we re-negotiate with Adidas? I'm seriously hoping that we switch to Nike or UnderArmor next go round. At least they are American companies, plus they are 1000x better than Adidas. Also, have you guys seen kentucky's checkerboard sleeves for football this year? Since when was checkerboard their thing? The kentucky basketball players had checkerboards on their shorts when we smashed them in TBA this year. I was pretty confused about it...

Couple questions for you and the rest of the Nike people. Why the hell would we go to a company that doesn't appreciate us?? Why would we go to a company that views us as a second-class program?? Why the hell would we go to a company that isn't going to support us like they do their "golden child" programs?? Why the hell do you keep bringing it up?? I know Adidas may not be the "flashy" company like Nike, but by God, they've stuck with us through all this nonsense, when they could have said "eh, you suck, here's the money to buy us out of that contract, find another company". And oh, yeah, you're FOS if you think Nike or Under Armor is "American made", sunshine. Try Vietnam, and that's off the brand-new Shox Turbo 13's that I wear every day to run in for PT. And how (I seriously am BEGGING you to explain this one to me, Mr. Hyperbole) is "Nike 1000x better than Adidas"?? Enlighten me, please.

It's like someone said in another thread, y'all keep asking about Nike because it seems you don't like the answer you're being given. You're banging your head against a wall, in the hopes that it won't give you a headache this time. News flash.....Adidas is probably here to stay, and I for one am thankful that we're going to "dance with the one that brought us". If.....IF we DO wind up switching to Nike or UA, I'm not going to love the Vols any less.........I (and countless others) just happen to think it would be a catastrophic error in judgement.

Reactions: 6 people
VolRumorMill ‏@VolRumorMill

These. Are. Awesome. pic.twitter.com/PqzBq1WBE4

Attachments

• homeunis.jpg
    homeunis.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 64
Reactions: 3 people
VolRumorMill ‏@VolRumorMill

These. Are. Awesome. pic.twitter.com/PqzBq1WBE4

I second that emotion...Totally love the font, especially the way the sevens have a similar look to the Power T. It's well done, and I can't wait to see the road version.

Edit: I hate that nobody ever thought of that Tennessee patch on the back before, either. Seems like it belongs there, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
Couple questions for you and the rest of the Nike people. Why the hell would we go to a company that doesn't appreciate us?? Why would we go to a company that views us as a second-class program?? Why the hell would we go to a company that isn't going to support us like they do their "golden child" programs?? Why the hell do you keep bringing it up?? I know Adidas may not be the "flashy" company like Nike, but by God, they've stuck with us through all this nonsense, when they could have said "eh, you suck, here's the money to buy us out of that contract, find another company". And oh, yeah, you're FOS if you think Nike or Under Armor is "American made", sunshine. Try Vietnam, and that's off the brand-new Shox Turbo 13's that I wear every day to run in for PT. And how (I seriously am BEGGING you to explain this one to me, Mr. Hyperbole) is "Nike 1000x better than Adidas"?? Enlighten me, please.

It's like someone said in another thread, y'all keep asking about Nike because it seems you don't like the answer you're being given. You're banging your head against a wall, in the hopes that it won't give you a headache this time. News flash.....Adidas is probably here to stay, and I for one am thankful that we're going to "dance with the one that brought us". If.....IF we DO wind up switching to Nike or UA, I'm not going to love the Vols any less.........I (and countless others) just happen to think it would be a catastrophic error in judgement.

They are companies based in the United States, so they are American companies. Adidas is German. Although yes, all three companies have their products made by third world children. When you use quotation marks to quote me, how about using an actual quote, Sunshine? Did you forget to pay attention to that part in english class because you were so proud of learning the word "hyperbole"? (See what i did there with the whole quoting thing?) I have several UT golf polos and climalite stuff from Adidas, and similar apparel from Nike. The Nike stuff has held up longer and fits better. Also, Nike's overall style and color matching is much more consistent. So we can tone it down to 100x better if you like. Not here to fight dude, just asking. But seriously, did you see the checkerboards on Kentucky's uniforms? Lol

They are companies based in the United States, so they are American companies. Adidas is German. Although yes, all three companies have their products made by third world children. When you use quotation marks to quote me, how about using an actual quote, Sunshine? Did you forget to pay attention to that part in english class because you were so proud of learning the word "hyperbole"? (See what i did there with the whole quoting thing?) I have several UT golf polos and climalite stuff from Adidas, and similar apparel from Nike. The Nike stuff has held up longer and fits better. Also, Nike's overall style and color matching is much more consistent. So we can tone it down to 100x better if you like. Not here to fight dude, just asking. But seriously, did you see the checkerboards on Kentucky's uniforms? Lol
what are you basing the " Nike has better color matching" comment on?

what are you basing the " Nike has better color matching" comment on?

Just on the stuff I have owned over the years. The orange stuff I have seems to be more consistent from their sports material to cotton, and shoe color. Not only orange, I have a lot of dark red and navy blue stuff which is easy to match and interchange.

VN Store

Back