Uniform changes for 2013

Here is the pic meant for the above post.

attachment.php

I wish they would put the power "T" back on the front hip like it used to be.

Reactions: 3 people
We have the best away unis now hands down. Only change id make is putting a orange state patch on the back of the jerseys.

Yeah, well we clearly disagree on this point, and that likely won't change! So I'll elaborate just a bit...

... I came up during the late 80's and early 90's as a fan. Went through conference expansion and realignment, etc. My friends and I tend to have a foot in both camps as it were with regards to tradition and change.

For example, we still consider Alabama our primary rival- unlike younger fans who feel this way about Florida. But pragmatically, we also realize the important place Florida now has and we regard them a major rival.

Another example is with uniforms. We love the tradition and want to keep it a part of our brand without negotiation. But we also acknowledge the game changes and we need to develop our tradition. We feel this is really in line with Neyland's military influence and how he installed many changes that were strategic. And we feel that- for better or worse- if kids are wearing gear they like, they'll play with more confidence.

:bow2: Great post, sir!!

Good example of why you put black outlines around the numbers. The shoulder (TV) numbers are almost indecipherable at any distance. Not contrasty enough.

Disagree. I have never liked the black outlines on our away uniforms. Mostly because I have always preferred the clean, simplistic 2-color scheme on uniforms as opposed to unis that have a 3 and sometimes 4-color scheme. But also I think it looks ridiculous to have black trim around our numbers and then nowhere else on the uniform. If they would incorporate the black trim around the power T's on the helmet, on either side of the stripe down the middle of the helmet, and on either side of the stripes on the pants, then it might look OK. However as it is, it just looks tacked on.

Personally I wish they would just incorporate the thinner orange outline around the numbers the way they used to do back in the early 90's...

miley-91notredame-500.jpg

Take the modern jersey with the orange checkerboard numbers and include the thin orange trim around them, that would look awesome!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'm not trying to be mean, but I can't seriously see how any Vol fan could look at those helmets and they think they are good. I get people have different tastes, but compared to our current helmets, those look cheap and beyond tacky.

I'm not trying to be mean, but I can't seriously see how any Vol fan could look at those helmets and they think they are good. I get people have different tastes, but compared to our current helmets, those look cheap and beyond tacky.

Everyone does have different taste. Just like with women I have slways thought Anjelina Jolie and Pamela Anderson were nasty as all get out while others think they are the hottest chicks in the world. I prefer our Power T helmets but one of those would be cool as an alternate, jmo though. But I have liked some of Oregon's uniforms especially the ones they wore against Auburn. But others are hideous. But I liked out Black Jersey and the ones we had where the stripes went down the sides.

Everyone does have different taste. Just like with women I have slways thought Anjelina Jolie and Pamela Anderson were nasty as all get out while others think they are the hottest chicks in the world. I prefer our Power T helmets but one of those would be cool as an alternate, jmo though. But I have liked some of Oregon's uniforms especially the ones they wore against Auburn. But others are hideous. But I liked out Black Jersey and the ones we had where the stripes went down the sides.

Agree on Jolie and especially Anderson (not trying to derail the topic).

VN Store

Back