Upon Further Review Iowa

JohnWardForever

Iowa played 2 teams with an Offensive Pulse, and it went like : Michigan, 26-0, Penn St 31-0. I know Coach Hype wants this bowl win, and; that he OK'd Joe Opting out tells me He has full confidence in Nico. Vol fans should just relax. Tennessee's got this.

Iowa played 2 teams with an Offensive Pulse, and it went like : Michigan, 26-0, Penn St 31-0. I know Coach Hype wants this bowl win, and; that he OK'd Joe Opting out tells me He has full confidence in Nico. Vol fans should just relax. Tennessee's got this.
Mostly agree. Two remaining concerns are inexperienced defensive secondary and the lack of our most experienced RBs, especially on pass block

This is the same thing people said heading to Gainsville this year and into Columbia SC last season.

Never underestimate your opponent.

If you think those boys don't want to win, you got another think coming.

I know the Vols are not over looking them, even if some fans are.

Our opt outs will hurt us, no doubt. But I’d be more worried if we were playing an explosive offense. Even at full strength Iowa struggles to score 21 points, and I just can’t see us being held under 21.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong, it won’t be the first time. But if we lose to Iowa, even with all of our opt outs, people will freak out all offseason

Reactions: KHVol and Ratvol
Our opt outs will hurt us, no doubt. But I’d be more worried if we were playing an explosive offense. Even at full strength Iowa struggles to score 21 points, and I just can’t see us being held under 21.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong, it won’t be the first time. But if we lose to Iowa, even with all of our opt outs, people will freak out all offseason
People will 100% freak out. If we win big then people will declare us 2024 National Champions all off season. If it's close it'll be a nonstop fight between the two sides. Folks call it silly season for a reason. It's just a question of which flavor.

This game sure is set up for an embarrassment for us. Between the transfers and opt-outs and Iowa having a pretty good defense - I'm sure they'll stop our run. Tennessee should win this but I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't score 14 points.

Reactions: walkenvol and KHVol
No . . . Because even the worst offenses have Go routes.
I'm sure they'll be throwing more than usual and will certainly test it deep. I mean, why wouldn't they even before nearly all of our DB's leaving?

I’m sure Iowa is a fine football team, in the Big10. I’m sure there defense is stellar…against the Big10. But I always look back at how we traditionally fare against (big, slow) Big10 teams in these matchups.

There is a difference in the athletes we field. Other than TOSU and Michigan, the Big10 doesn’t field the same type of athletes.

We got this IMO.

If the bowl game DBs can’t slow down Iowa’s pass game, than next season’s SEC offenses will light up the Vols. I love how everything has played out for Tenn. we will get to see a glimpse (minus some excellent incoming WRs) of Tenn for next year.

The over confidence that some of you have amazes me. Given the opt outs and transfers, the Tennessee team that takes the field will not be the team that has played the games this year.

It is unknown how this group of players will perform as a unit. Do you really feel that our second and third stringers are that much better than Iowa's starters?

Mostly agree. Two remaining concerns are inexperienced defensive secondary and the lack of our most experienced RBs, especially on pass block
I could easily be wrong, but even without the experience, I'm thinking Gibson, Matthews and the other younger guys just bring more raw potential and instinct to the position that might help overcome their lack of experience in this game. Completely agree with the RB issue wrt pass blocking.

VN Store

Back