Upon Further Review Iowa

Haha you actually think Tennessee has a defense even in the same universe as the #1 team in the country 😂
No he thinks Iowa has the worst offense we have seen, probably ever. Vandy has a better offense than you and we can beat them with the scout team defense.

My main question is the status of our oline. I'm seeing conflicting reports. If we are significantly banged up, Iowa may make life rough for Nico.

My main question is the status of our oline. I'm seeing conflicting reports. If we are significantly banged up, Iowa may make life rough for Nico.
Iowa will certainly shake Nico. I know he's talented, but he's still so very young. Biggest stage of his career. Expectations through the roof. Top shelf defense to contend with. Next to no meaningful playing time. Missing WRs, RBs and maybe someone on the OL? Folks thinking he's going to walk onto that field and light it up are blinded by the hype. Maybe if he had a better and more experienced cast around him, things would be different. This is going to be tough game for Nico....very tough.

Reactions: StickMan
Iowa will certainly shake Nico. I know he's talented, but he's still so very young. Biggest stage of his career. Expectations through the roof. Top shelf defense to contend with. Next to no meaningful playing time. Missing WRs, RBs and maybe someone on the OL? Folks thinking he's going to walk onto that field and light it up are blinded by the hype. Maybe if he had a better and more experienced cast around him, things would be different. This is going to be tough game for Nico....very tough.
All very true. Thankfully, Heup knows they're in a precarious spot, unlike some of our fans.

Yeah, I fired too quickly, jumping to a conclusion that wasn’t really the case. Heupel and Joe obviously built a trusting relationship over the past few years. If I’m Joe, I would even think of making a decision like that without Heup’s input and blessing. If I’m Heup, I would certainly want Joe to do what’s in his best interests.

All that to say…my bad.

We good.

As someone stated earlier, this is EXACTLY what it sounded like before the South Carolina game in 2022. And this program failed to show up, got embarrassed by a less than mediocre SC team, and missed a nearly sure-fire chance at the CFB Playoffs.

This program still has to prove that it can show up consistently when it matters - and while this game isn’t a make-or-break kind of situation, it IS an opportunity to set the tone for next season with Nico at the helm. This Citrus Bowl could be the stuff of legends …, or it could be another egg-laying performance for our program. We have to stop missing these chances to set the tone for the future. Now is the time - and Iowa won’t make it easy.

It may help Nico in the WR department as he should be familiar with the 2nd/3rd string WR's playing. We also have to remember he's been on the team for a year. Went through Bowl practice last year as well as Spring practice. Heupel knows what routes Nico is comfortable with and will put him in good situations. The OL should be fine.

I’m sure Iowa is a fine football team, in the Big10. I’m sure there defense is stellar…against the Big10. But I always look back at how we traditionally fare against (big, slow) Big10 teams in these matchups.

There is a difference in the athletes we field. Other than TOSU and Michigan, the Big10 doesn’t field the same type of athletes.

We got this IMO.
Like I said….

weak ass b10 conference. We are not that good. It wasn’t a competitive game, kind of boring.

People will 100% freak out. If we win big then people will declare us 2024 National Champions all off season. If it's close it'll be a nonstop fight between the two sides. Folks call it silly season for a reason. It's just a question of which flavor.
woohoo. 15-0 in 2024. Go ahead and name us champions!!

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back