US women soccer team turns their back

Oh yeah that solves it, the term as I mentioned stems from the fact that Jesus was a Jew and is the Savior of Christians. If you want to dispute he never existed, that is fine I am not arguing that.

I'm only providing evidence that the term was not used until the 1900s and as a form of propaganda.

Under God was not added to the pledge until 1954, as "no true communist" could say those words. Thanks, McCarthy!

And there is no Judeo-Christian anything. I have many Jewish friends who moan about the appropriation and have heard several Jewish speakers rail on that idea as well. It's a manufactured concept with Made in America stamped on the bottom.
That is because “under God” was so obvious as to be taken for granted until the communists made it necessary to point out the obvious. It is the logical equivalent of taking the phrase “I am alive” to “I am alive and my heart is beating”

That is because “under God” was so obvious as to be taken for granted until the communists made it necessary to point out the obvious. It is the logical equivalent of taking the phrase “I am alive” to “I am alive and my heart is beating”

That is true, the US was founded on that principle regardless of what others want to argue and it was an understood concept

Reactions: OrangeTsar
Ah yes, arguing that the US developed in the absence of a Judeo Christian tradition is about as meaningful as arguing that a fish developed in the absence of water. The basic worldview of almost every American was so immersed in 1500 years of shared cultural hegemony that there was no really no need to explicitly make note of it.

That is true, the US was founded on that principle regardless of what others want to argue and it was an understood concept

Yes, but by deists and universalists. The puritans had lost much favor by then.

Try reading Thomas Jefferson's New Testament sometime. It's a trip.

Reactions: hog88
What a ridiculous take, Patton was a logistical genius even the Germans admitted such. Nimitz’s plan was brilliant at Midway. They were severely out gunned. That “fighting spirit” was instilled in them by their officers.

Yes, some of our flag officers have been brilliant but most not so much. We won WWII with our industrial might not the brilliance of our officer corps, the German officer corp was far superior to ours and if not for Hitlers meddling the war in Europe would have lasted another 2 years or us dropping the bomb on them.

Good grief that's ridiculous.

Reactions: hog88
Which principle exactly?
1 ) there is a higher power/supreme being 2) that being is most accurately understood in light of Judeo Christian scriptures and tradition 3) this supreme being sees a clear distinction between right and wrong, good and evil 4) the Supreme Being expects us to order our lives in accordance with point 3.
These points were even obvious to the Deist founding fathers with whom the cultural revisionists enjoy throwing in our direction at every opportunity. It was also shared obviously by the Jewish community and the African American community. These assumptions only began to seriously be questioned by a noticeable proportion of the populace within the last 60 to 80 years, hence the need to modify the pledge.

Yes, some of our flag officers have been brilliant but most not so much. We won WWII with our industrial might not the brilliance of our officer corps, the German officer corp was far superior to ours and if not for Hitlers meddling the war in Europe would have lasted another 2 years or us dropping the bomb on them.
Without Hitler’s meddling, the Germans would have not invaded the USSR and a sizable portion of the European continent would be speaking German today.

Yes, but by deists and universalists. The puritans had lost much favor by then.

Try reading Thomas Jefferson's New Testament sometime. It's a trip.
Regarding Jefferson’s New Testimate, most mainline Christians view any cutting up of scripture as heresy at best. The book of Revelations specifically curses who adds or removes from scripture

1 ) there is a higher power/supreme being 2) that being is most accurately understood in light of Judeo Christian scriptures and tradition 3) this supreme being sees a clear distinction between right and wrong, good and evil 4) the Supreme Being expects us to order our lives in accordance with point 3.
These points were even obvious to the Deist founding fathers with whom the cultural revisionists enjoy throwing in our direction at every opportunity. It was also shared obviously by the Jewish community and the African American community. These assumptions only began to seriously be questioned by a noticeable proportion of the populace within the last 60 to 80 years, hence the need to modify the pledge.
which has what to do with the founding of the US? Believe that personally if you wish but it was intentionally left out of the laws forming this nation. It was addressed and kept separate

If the supreme being wishes that then they can stop by and give an update

Regarding Jefferson’s New Testimate, most mainline Christians view any cutting up of scripture as heresy at best. The book of Revelations specifically curses who adds or removes from scripture

When did mainline Christianity start in the US? Late 1800s. Mainline American Christianity is young and largely disconnected from the mother churches in Europe.

It also brought us the heresies of premillennialism and dispensationalism.

So this judeo christian country was founded by a heretic?

When did mainline Christianity start in the US? Late 1800s. Mainline American Christianity is young and largely disconnected from the mother churches in Europe.

It also brought us the heresies of premillennialism and dispensationalism.
Ah yes, the mother Churches in Europe….the ones currently having gay weddings and questioning the very reality of God and Christ. I don’t exactly lose a lot of sleep being disconnected from that at all my friend.

Or you could write posting nonsense. There are several religion threads if you're interested
I am not the one who brought the Pledge of Allegiance and “under God” into this thread. Maybe I am not the one to depart?

Ooh! I love Benjamin Franklin! Drunken orgies! Seances!
I was reading thru biographies of all the presidents and had to pause that to read his based on how often he popped up. His fingerprints are everywhere

Which principle exactly?

If you want to be ignorant and claim the US wasn’t founded by overwhelmingly devout Christians and its principles, good luck. Everyone points to Jefferson and Madison as if they were atheists who acknowledged no higher power, that couldn’t be further from the truth. They all referenced a higher power and his role in the development of this “unique experiment”. They didn’t support a government sponsored religion but they would be considered extremely conservative religiously in today’s society. Deism during the Constitutional period had a vastly different meaning than today, it didn’t reject Christianity or it’s teachings. It rejected the notion that God intervened in the daily lives of men. The Articles of Confederation and the interactions between the Founding Fathers during the early Constitutional period make that abundantly clear. If you want to argue Ethan Allen and Thomas Paine were “deists”, go ahead they embraced it, but they were only ones to publish writings on it. Washington spoke about God’s providence repeatedly in the founding of the US. It would be hard to argue he was a “deist” and many others when they often referred to God’s “providence”. Roger Sherman, John Jay, and Patrick Henry just to name a few were very religious. The natural “laws” the Founders often referred to were God’s moral laws not some philosophy, similar to “liberty”, which was also bestowed from God.

If you want to be ignorant and claim the US wasn’t founded by overwhelmingly devout Christians and its principles, good luck. Everyone points to Jefferson and Madison as if they were atheists who acknowledged no higher power, that couldn’t be further from the truth. They all referenced a higher power and his role in the development of this “unique experiment”. They didn’t support a government sponsored religion but they would be considered extremely conservative religiously in today’s society. Deism during the Constitutional period had a vastly different meaning than today, it didn’t reject Christianity or it’s teachings. It rejected the notion that God intervened in the daily lives of men. The Articles of Confederation and the interactions between the Founding Fathers during the early Constitutional period make that abundantly clear. If you want to argue Ethan Allen and Thomas Paine were “deists”, go ahead they embraced it, but they were only ones to publish writings on it. Washington spoke about God’s providence repeatedly in the founding of the US. It would be hard to argue he was a “deist” and many others when they often referred to God’s “providence”. Roger Sherman, John Jay, and Patrick Henry just to name a few were very religious. The natural “laws” the Founders often referred to were God’s moral laws not some philosophy, similar to “liberty”, which was also bestowed from God.

"Devout Christians"? Come on please tell us your definition of devout.

Reactions: AshG

VN Store

Back