USF Looks Like Mini 2022 Vols

Fulmer retire? Yea you just lost all credibility
Point was even though Hamilton forced Fulmer into retirement, Mike had no plan in place at all for replacing Phil.

If he did, a new coach would have been negotiated and hired almost right as the season ended. IIRC it took a month or two after the SECCG to hire Kiffin.

Point was even though Hamilton forced Fulmer into retirement, Mike had no plan in place at all for replacing Phil.

If he did, a new coach would have been negotiated and hired almost right as the season ended. IIRC it took a month or two after the SECCG to hire Kiffin.
Why would a month or two seem long? He's not actively negotiating contracts while he has a coach. The issue wasn't Lane. The issue was he had no plan after lane. He had a Fulmer plan. . And executed it.

Any and every AD worth their salt has a short list of names locked away in their desk.

Part of what put UT in the last decade and a half of misery we lived through...Mike Hamilton had zero contingency for when Fulmer would retire, but made a decent choice with Kiffin. Then turned around and had zero contingency when Lane bolted and had to settle for Dooley.

You can lay down a paycheck that Danny White has a short list of names if and when it comes time.
Hamilton had a list he just alienated some of them, some didn’t want to come into the dumpster fire that was Tennessee either. Also the timing of lane leaving really left Tennessee scrambling for scraps in hiring. Add in that every candidate knew Hamilton was likely headed out and was on a short leash as well.

Also gave Bama all they could handle earlier this season. If Heupel struggles again this season, I like to see Golesh back at UT instead of hiring another unknown coach.
Look at our win totals so far under Heupel. I can’t believe you’re calling for a replacement with another “struggle” season where — going into it (if you paid attention) — we all expected a regression, we ended up having several massive key injuries, and tons of weird penalties called and NOT called that changed game momentum. The only inexcusable times for Heupel this season were the whole FL game and second half vs Bama. GA and Mizzou were just better from the start of the game. Calling for a replacement at this point, well… 1703240893940.gif

or where it went to!
Wasn't golesh our oc when we had Milton as our qb before hooker. How'd the offense look then? Did golesh help pick Milton before hooker? I'm not sure you folks are forgetting hooker and hyatt played a big part. I like golesh but I'm not forgetting he also didn't look great early on here.

Wasn't golesh our oc when we had Milton as our qb before hooker. How'd the offense look then? Did golesh help pick Milton before hooker? I'm not sure you folks are forgetting hooker and hyatt played a big part. I like golesh but I'm not forgetting he also didn't look great early on here.
Good point.. you have to have that perfect synch of the coaching staff and the players.. sometimes you have it, sometimes you don’t.. I bet we see an improvement..maybe I’m on the wrong track, but I equate it to sometimes you can get along great with someone personally, but professionally it doesn’t click

Reactions: Ratvol
If Heupel loses to a bad Florida team at home next season, things are gonna get toxic and fast. Wouldn't hurt for AD White to have a coaching contigency plan in place.
His contract gave him 5 years minimum. Doesnt matter how toxic it is.

What is also dumb is to pretend like Golesh is who made Heupel's offense go. Golesh only joined Heupel in the 2020 season and Heupel's offenses were very good before that. Did it hurt us this year without him? Sure it did but to say Heupel will not be successful without him is ridiculous.

USF has been punching above their weight class a few games this season. Golesh has them on the right track. I think he may end up at a P5 school sooner than later. He’s the QB whisperer
And all along we thought it was Heupel.

I'm watching the USF vs Syracuse bowl game and Golesh has USF's offense mimicking the Vols 2022 offense. Even their QB has the same mannerisms. Interested if anyone else is watching and sees the resemblance?
I thought the same thing last night. I was also not that upset when the TE switched to Golesh. Always liked the dude

What is also dumb is to pretend like Golesh is who made Heupel's offense go. Golesh only joined Heupel in the 2020 season and Heupel's offenses were very good before that. Did it hurt us this year without him? Sure it did but to say Heupel will not be successful without him is ridiculous.
Correct… and it’s CJH offense. He’s always called the plays.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
I'm watching the USF vs Syracuse bowl game and Golesh has USF's offense mimicking the Vols 2022 offense. Even their QB has the same mannerisms. Interested if anyone else is watching and sees the resemblance?
Just watch this 7 Win team play Bama September 7th 2024 and if they get beat them we have a chance, even with a HC that's trying to put together his own offense since his mentor Golesh left. 🤔

VN Store

Back