USF Looks Like Mini 2022 Vols

And Kyle McCord CHOSE Syracuse after starting at Ohio State?

With all the starting QBs jumping, there had to be a more stable, more successful place to land than Syracuse.
Kinda begs the question, why would a high profile QB from a powerhouse program like OSU choose Syracuse? Can only be a few reasons. Maybe he has family ties there. Wants to be closer to home or money.

We really missed Golesh and Hooker this season and it showed. Heupel didn’t look like he had a clue what was going on in some games with the offense. Certainly Joe was part of the problem but it makes me wonder who really ran the offense. Heupel or Golesh. Golesh did a great job at USF this season.
This. It's a concern.

Reactions: DarkVolder
If Heupel loses to a bad Florida team at home next season, things are gonna get toxic and fast. Wouldn't hurt for AD White to have a coaching contigency plan in place.
No doubt and let’s be real there is always a great chance that Tennessee will lose to Florida no matter where both teams stand. If he loses to them again and goes 7-5 or 6-6 with Nico, then he is def on the hot seat going into the 2025 season.

No doubt and let’s be real there is always a great chance that Tennessee will lose to Florida no matter where both teams stand. If he loses to them again and goes 7-5 or 6-6 with Nico, then he is def on the hot seat going into the 2025 season.
I am sick of watching every new Vol coaching hire pick up where the last one left off when it comes to Florida. Tim Tebow is not playing QB, Urban Meyer is not coaching and Heupel is being paid like he is a top 10 coach that can beat bad teams like the Gators. There should be no acceptable excuse for losing to them at home next season.

He can consider the Florida game as his battle of Midway that will set the stage for the rest of the season.

Reactions: DarkVolder
Also gave Bama all they could handle earlier this season. If Heupel struggles again this season, I like to see Golesh back at UT instead of hiring another unknown coach.
I hope Heupel just leaves UT suddenly. That way, all you guys saying idiotic things like this will remember the last 20 years of UT being at the bottom of the SEC losing by 4 TDs. Smh

Just in case you guys don't remember. Goelsh couldn't make Milton look elite either. You guys forget he coached him as QB1 too. He's not a miracle coach that was the key to 2022 success likes you guys seem to believe.

Last edited:
I am sick of watching every new Vol coaching hire pick up where the last one left off when it comes to Florida. Tim Tebow is not playing QB, Urban Meyer is not coaching and Heupel is being paid like he is a top 10 coach that can beat bad teams like the Gators. There should be no acceptable excuse for losing to them at home next season.

He can consider the Florida game as his battle of Midway that will set the stage for the rest of the season.
I agree. I really thought we could finally tip the series in our favor and end the losing streak in Gainesville. A very disappointing loss for sure. Just two wins over those guys since 2005 so no I’m never confident ever that we are going to beat them and some really bad Florida teams have beat us in years that we had the better team I’m sick of it. Must win for Heupel next season in Knoxville no doubt.

I'm sorry, but either this is a troll post or you're a blithering fool.

With all due respect.
Well he's kinda sorta right. If we lose at home to those bums, some questions need to be asked.

What if UT goes 9-3 with a loss to Florida? You still want to run him off?

You are the only "fan" I've encountered with this line of thinking right now
There's literally no excuse to lose at home to that team. We have issues if we do. Alabama, Georgia and Oklahoma losses and I will accept it, for now.

If he can't beat Florida, he is not beating Oklahoma, Georgia or Alabama.
We have had coaches that beat the other 2 and still lost to Fla. That's one game in football where the records don't matter, and common opponents matter even less.

We really missed Golesh and Hooker this season and it showed. Heupel didn’t look like he had a clue what was going on in some games with the offense. Certainly Joe was part of the problem but it makes me wonder who really ran the offense. Heupel or Golesh. Golesh did a great job at USF this season.
Lol

We are NOT going 7-5 lol. We only had 1 bad game last year. We had a lot of injuries and other stuff that caused us to have a "disappointing" 9-4 season that was still a better season than nearly every other season from 2008-2021. Trust me, I think we got outcoached and punked in the Swamp and it was a loss that shouldn't have happened but we are in the right hands with Heupel.

VN Store

Back