UT Administration

Mostly tips his hat to Randy, Donde, Danny, and Danny's staff. I appreciate that.

@Voltopia : man, don't get so cynical that you forget to enjoy life. There's good in the world, and some of it is in the UT administration these days.

Go Vols!
He wasn't throwing shade at anyone. Fulmer included. Fulmer was hired in a mess. It continued to be a mess and he didn't help clear the mess by hiring Cornbread. Look at our overall AD over the last 3 years. Every team is better and competing at a higher level than ever before. You have to give the current Admin credit.

The proof is in the quotes provided directly by plowman, which literally almost verbatim support what I was saying. I believe what she said over whatever youre implying. Its that simple.
Donde can say whatever she wants to put a spin on it. It's her job to, and she did a pretty good job at it.

The fact of the matter is that they paid him money when he left. Again, if you are leaving entirely on your own, you don't get bought out of your contract. He was fired, and that is just a fact regardless of how the University spun it.

Donde can say whatever she wants to put a spin on it. It's her job to, and she did a pretty good job at it.

The fact of the matter is that they paid him money when he left. Again, if you are leaving entirely on your own, you don't get bought out of your contract. He was fired, and that is just a fact regardless of how the University spun it.

Yes, giving Fulmer a buyout to leave that AD job was totally unjustified. He was a great FB coach, leave it at that.

Y’all have some short memories if you’re failing to appreciate the current administration. The alumni are breathing easier and hoping this will last for a while.

You act like I'm taking a shot at Donde by saying she went easy on Phil on the way out. I'm not. She was playing nice with a longtime, well-known figure who left under uncomfortable circumstances. She is hardly the first person to make comments like that about someone, and it isn't some kind of scandal.

Besides, the proof is in the pudding. Phil was bought out. When you're leaving on your own, they don't pay you money to go.
You are absolutely correct. That kind of language happens all the time when a loyal employee departs a company even after a mistake. She was paying tribute to a guy who had given his all to the university as a player and coach. As you said, she had nothing to gain by saying he was a horrible AD who hired the worst football coach in UT history. She just wasn’t going to say that and handled it correctly. He probably could have been fired for cause but that would have been an embarrassing fight and there was no sense in dragging it out. Pay him off and let him slide into retirement.

Reactions: 05_never_again
I don't see it as taking a shot at anybody.

Dangerous society if sleights are perceived now.

Nah. That's boilerplate PR talk supporting an athletic director department. I doubt it has any reflection on anyone Barnes has worked with before. Everyone says stuff like that in support of their programs. I would read into that statement about as much as I'd read into any comment meant for the press. It doesn't mean Barnes isn't sincere, but coaches routinely offer up positive remarks as part of their talking points.

Hell, Peyton Manning wasn't even an employee of the UTAD, and he had to offer up positive supportive statements about Derek Dooley, Butch Jones, and Jeremy Pruitt over the years. Derek Dooley and Butch Jones of all things. Anyway, it's all part of supporting a program and putting on the best face for it.
Not really. He doesn't have to say anything at all... and considering where he is with his career he has even less incentive to say "nice" things that aren't genuine.

Not sure what compelled you to lift your leg on this... but maybe take a look in the mirror.

Reactions: butchna
I don't see it as taking a shot at anybody.

Dangerous society if sleights are perceived now.
If it is then it is very, very indirect.

I thought Fulmer would make a stellar AD honestly. I think he acted more like an AD than a HC when he was HC. Very political.

Just didn't work out like some of us thought.

For my part, I'll try to remember the good that Fulmer did and put the bad in an attic somewhere. His wife was sage. He should have retired after 98.

Reactions: butchna
So you’re calling Plowman a liar? Bold move Cotton. Lets see if that pays off.
She’s elite at her job. Burning a legacy during their exit isn’t required. Listen, lil simple fella, maybe they haven’t covered diplomacy at your special school. Sometimes mommies and daddies say nice things during bad situations.

Not really. He doesn't have to say anything at all... and considering where he is with his career he has even less incentive to say "nice" things that aren't genuine.

Not sure what compelled you to lift your leg on this... but maybe take a look in the mirror.

Lift my leg? I'm sorry? I'm sorry that I rejected the original poster's insinuation that Barnes was taking a shot at Fulmer? I was unaware that rejecting that statement was "lifting my leg." I guess he was taking a shot at Fulmer. Ok. Sure. Whatever.

Reactions: Dirtyhairies
Lift my leg? I'm sorry? I'm sorry that I rejected the original poster's insinuation that Barnes was taking a shot at Fulmer? I was unaware that rejecting that statement was "lifting my leg." I guess he was taking a shot at Fulmer. Ok. Sure. Whatever.
Doesn’t have to be either/or. Barnes praised the administration that includes Dan White and never did the same when Fulmer was AD. You don’t have to be taking a shot at Fulmer to appreciate White more.

Doesn’t have to be either/or. Barnes praised the administration that includes Dan White and never did the same when Fulmer was AD. You don’t have to be taking a shot at Fulmer to appreciate White more.

That's fair. I don't even think I disagree with that take, or at least, I don't think I did. I just thought the original post was reading way too much into the statement, and it was early, and I didn't have enough caffeine in me to bite my tongue and walk away.

I don't think it was much of a shot at Fulmer but either you did not say what you meant to say... or need to go back and look at what you wrote again. Your post doesn't even mention Fulmer or oppose what you claim it opposed. You suggested that the nice things Barnes said about the current leadership were not sincere.

She’s elite at her job. Burning a legacy during their exit isn’t required. Listen, lil simple fella, maybe they haven’t covered diplomacy at your special school. Sometimes mommies and daddies say nice things during bad situations.
Again, here you are with baseless opinions when all I've brought is cited quotations, all without the need for hurling personal insults. After all Chancellor Plowman has done for this university and football program, she deserves more respect than to say or even insinuate that she's making things up to save face. To question her integrity is baseless, useless, and insulting to everything she's done. She could have said a million things about Fulmer, but she carefully worded her publicly available statements, which I linked, literally stating in quotation that Fulmer was a bridge gap hire and had no intention of staying a long time. The terms of his retirement were a part of that conversation where they discussed his retirement, negotiated settlement of his contract, etc, according to her statements. At no point did anyone say he was fired. According to her, Fulmer volunteered to step down to make way for the new administration/AD so the new coach would have more stability, again all in black and white if you care to read it.

If you choose not to believe it, that's on you. But spreading your baseless insinuations as fact is irresponsible at the least and insults the integrity of our great leadership, who I might add, is the best leadership we have seen at UT in 30 years or more.

I didn't think you would stoop to name calling and insults to try and win an argument. How sophomoric of you. Whenever you decide you can have an adult conversation, feel free to reach out.

Until then, good day sir.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
She isn't necessarily a liar for not exposing him to public ridicule on his way out.
The why say what she said, specifically that he was absolved of any wrongdoing and volunteered to retire? She chose those words very carefully, as she has proven time and again when making public statements. Accusing her of not telling the truth is in fact a form of deceit, is it not?

Again, here you are with baseless opinions when all I've brought is cited quotations, all without the need for hurling personal insults. After all Chancellor Plowman has done for this university and football program, she deserves more respect than to say or even insinuate that she's making things up to save face. To question her integrity is baseless, useless, and insulting to everything she's done. She could have said a million things about Fulmer, but she carefully worded her publicly available statements, which I linked, literally stating in quotation that Fulmer was a bridge gap hire and had no intention of staying a long time. The terms of his retirement were a part of that conversation where they discussed his retirement, negotiated settlement of his contract, etc, according to her statements. At no point did anyone say he was fired. According to her, Fulmer volunteered to step down to make way for the new administration/AD so the new coach would have more stability, again all in black and white if you care to read it.

If you choose not to believe it, that's on you. But spreading your baseless insinuations as fact is irresponsible at the least and insults the integrity of our great leadership, who I might add, is the best leadership we have seen at UT in 30 years or more.

I didn't think you would stoop to name calling and insults to try and win an argument. How sophomoric of you. Whenever you decide you can have an adult conversation, feel free to reach out.

Until then, good day sir.
No he wasn’t “fired”. Because he was allowed to retire with a buyout as an alternative.

Rest of your post was gargling manure.

Play in traffic.

Reactions: Dirtyhairies

VN Store

Back