UT Dissed by Vegas Bettors

Wouldn't it be pure gold if BJ had the 2nd half sandbagged .

Uh, not if a lot of boosters bet on UT. I promise he would hear about it.

Something similar happened back in '93 at the LSU game. UT was a heavy favorite and called off the dogs...thus they didn't cover. Fulmer all but apologized.

It reflects where the most money is going. It's TYPICALLY an indication of which team people are betting, too, but it isn't necessarily the case all the time.

Sometimes high rollers and sharps lay enough big money to swing the line in the opposite direction of where most of the public bets are going. Times like these, I like to tail the sharps :good!:

Thank you for your time.

I've often thought of betting on a game or two but wouldn't know where to "look"

Something similar happened back in '93 at the LSU game. UT was a heavy favorite and called off the dogs...thus they didn't cover. Fulmer all but apologized.

I'm guessing he signed on to bring hardware to UT, not concern himself with boosters' payday. I wouldn't be a bit shocked if a few coaches including Fulmer purposely coasted just shy of covering for their own gain. If not them directly they probably had a fortunate in law or cousin somewhere.

If you dont think we could have scored another TD in the 2nd half, your post may be even worse than his.

The score indicates that Tennessee didn't. The Vols had 5 second half possessions and scored a grand total of 3 pts. Scrubs or no scrubs. If it wasn't for Devrin's 58 yrd KO return to start the 3rd QTR. the score would've stayed at 42-0. We Vol Fans should pray for no injuries to the 1st string because the talent disparity between the 1st and second/third string is downright scary.

The score indicates that Tennessee didn't. The Vols had 5 second half possessions and scored a grand total of 3 pts. Scrubs or no scrubs. If it wasn't for Devrin's 58 yrd KO return to start the 3rd QTR. the score would've stayed at 42-0. We Vol Fans should pray for no injuries to the 1st string because the talent disparity between the 1st and second/third string is downright scary.

Or butch didn't play call to score....I thought that was pretty obvious.

Or butch didn't play call to score....I thought that was pretty obvious.

3 first half TD's were running plays, one on a zone-read option to Neal and the other two on inside zone runs by Neal. Where did Butch's play-calling change in the second half?

The spread really doesn't matter...It's about business and money, of course it dropped. I have no doubt Tennessee and Butch Jones will take care of business either!

I was at that game with 3 drunks behind me who kept me and my brother in drinks the whole game. They apparently had bet heavily on Vols and were giddy until that last score against our 3rd team. Smashed liquor bottles and profanity to make a sailor blush followed. I think that line was something like 17. :thumbsup:

You are right. This team has very little depth with any playing time. Heck they have a lot of starters who haven't played much. CBJ used the 2nd half as an opportunity to see what he has behind the first unit. Kind of like a pre-season NFL game. Now he has some game film on probably anyone he thought might contribute this year and can teach, coach, and change accordingly. Disappointing that 2nd - 4th teamers couldn't score but they did shut WKU out.

The point most are making is had CBJ wanted to cover he simply could have left the 1st unit in a couple more series and gotten it to 56-0 before going to the subs. Unless you had money on the Vols and laid the points it really doesn't matter. CBJ thought getting to see his 2nd-4th teams was more important than running up the score. IMO he was correct.

VN Store

Back