Vacation / Travel

Good grief. They say there’s a lot of that on the actual beach. We are gonna try to stay away from the actual beach. May go to broadway and do a couple other little things. May have to research the gun laws in SC and pack a punch if possible.

I never had a problem, just giving you a heads up of what happens off the beaten path. Check out Folly beach if you’re able, it’s not super close but not an awful drive either.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I had to run through it last time, but good to know for this time since we have 3 hours.
We leave in about an hour to fly to Seattle for an Alaska Cruise. We fly through DFW on the trip home, and have 48 minutes to change planes. We're past running(70s), but there are additional flights to Nashville about every two hours if needed.
Still, flying sucks.

We leave in about an hour to fly to Seattle for an Alaska Cruise. We fly through DFW on the trip home, and have 48 minutes to change planes. We're past running(70s), but there are additional flights to Nashville about every two hours if needed.
Still, flying sucks.
I comfort myself with the fact - not belief; it's fact - that airlines pad their announced flight times, resulting in later scheduled arrivals, so that their on-time figures look better. I can't think how long it's been since I've been on a flight where the captain or whoever announced that the ETA would be about the time of the scheduled arrival. You've probably got closer to an hour or more than 48 minutes, but I know that it's hair-raising!

If one of you walks more slowly than the other, you can request a wheelchair at the gate for when you arrive at DFW. I've swallowed my pride a few times and done that. Have a $10 bill (at least) on hand if you do this.

Also, have just one carryone, which fits under the seat in front of you, so that you don't have to do the overhead compartment wrestle. Since you're headed home, you can get by with your wallet, glasses, meds, change of shirt and underwear, etc. I don't even carry a purse on a plane anymore - I just move the essentials into my backpack and put the purse in a checked bag. <- If we're checking bags.

Have a great time on your cruise! What a perfect time of year!

I comfort myself with the fact - not belief; it's fact - that airlines pad their announced flight times, resulting in later scheduled arrivals, so that their on-time figures look better. I can't think how long it's been since I've been on a flight where the captain or whoever announced that the ETA would be about the time of the scheduled arrival. You've probably got closer to an hour or more than 48 minutes, but I know that it's hair-raising!

If one of you walks more slowly than the other, you can request a wheelchair at the gate for when you arrive at DFW. I've swallowed my pride a few times and done that. Have a $10 bill (at least) on hand if you do this.

Also, have just one carryone, which fits under the seat in front of you, so that you don't have to do the overhead compartment wrestle. Since you're headed home, you can get by with your wallet, glasses, meds, change of shirt and underwear, etc. I don't even carry a purse on a plane anymore - I just move the essentials into my backpack and put the purse in a checked bag. <- If we're checking bags.

Have a great time on your cruise! What a perfect time of year!
The arriving flight and departing flights at DFW are both at Terminal B so fingers crossed.
Layover time has increased to 57 minutes.
We are also flying FC so we exit from row 3. Could help a little. Yeah if you're 30+ rows back it can take a long time to.
Actually look forward to Seattle. Staying in a hotel next to sky needle? and a museum that has a great collection of chilhouly glass.

The arriving flight and departing flights at DFW are both at Terminal B so fingers crossed.
Layover time has increased to 57 minutes.
We are also flying FC so we exit from row 3. Could help a little. Yeah if you're 30+ rows back it can take a long time to.
Actually look forward to Seattle. Staying in a hotel next to sky needle? and a museum that has a great collection of chilhouly glass.
Queen Anne is a nice neighborhood to check out. Great views.

Amsterdam, wonderful city, but with too many bikes.
Didn't know they would let yanks retire there.
N. Europe would be my choice, but too old now. And granddaughter we can't/won't leave.
Exactly my sentiment. Dont know if I would chose Amsterstam or Belgium.

Too old now and three grand kids we cant/wont leave

Reactions: Go aeiou
Weve been going to Myrtle Beach since 1975. Have given up golf, but still love the area. Our favorite eateries are Pier 21 (grouper is terrific) in Myrthle Beach & Horst Gersthaus (German) in North Myrtle Beach. Southern Sunshine Pancacke House in North Myrtle is a must stop, too. Enjoy! :cool:
Besides Crossville, Myrtle Beach -- not Pawley's like many of our neighbors in Knoxville -- was a frequent family vacation spot while I was in jr hi and HS, and it was an ez weekend trip while I was in college (0cean Drive and that 3.2 beer) in the Carolinas.

A few years later, when we lived in Durham, Mrs AV and our infant son would vacation in Myrtle, and it was then that I began to appreciate its fine eateries. Mrs AV, who grew up in Alabama and vacationed in Panama City, is still certain that the Gulf Coast beaches are close to heaven, and we changed our beach directions when we move too close to UA. I

In about two weeks, we will be off to Fort Morgan and the same beachfront house where we share time annually with son, DIL and grandkids. On at least one occasion the trip matched up the Vawls and the CWS

Besides Crossville, Myrtle Beach -- not Pawley's like many of our neighbors in Knoxville -- was a frequent family vacation spot while I was in jr hi and HS, and it was an ez weekend trip while I was in college (0cean Drive and that 3.2 beer) in the Carolinas.

A few years later, when we lived in Durham, Mrs AV and our infant son would vacation in Myrtle, and it was then that I began to appreciate its fine eateries. Mrs AV, who grew up in Alabama and vacationed in Panama City, is still certain that the Gulf Coast beaches are close to heaven, and we changed our beach directions when we move too close to UA. I

In about two weeks, we will be off to Fort Morgan and the same beachfront house where we share time annually with son, DIL and grandkids. On at least one occasion the trip matched up the Vawls and the CWS
Crossville? Did you stay at Tansi, Fairfield Glade, etc.? Crossville is my hometown. Went to high school with Curt Watson, the "Crossville Comet". Of all the times we've been to Myrtle Beach, Pawley's Island is a place we've missed. That will change in September of this year when we return. of course. Thanks for the great response.

Reactions: ArdentVol
Crossville? Did you stay at Tansi, Fairfield Glade, etc.? Crossville is my hometown. Went to high school with Curt Watson, the "Crossville Comet". Of all the times we've been to Myrtle Beach, Pawley's Island is a place we've missed. That will change in September of this year when we return. of course. Thanks for the great response.
Cumberland State Park whiln you were in high school and junior high. Hot spot. You had to make a reservations on New Years Eve and hope for the best, Ill elaborate about the area later

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back