Vaccine or not?

I am under 50 and would not go out of my way to take it.

My view is not formed by politics but rather by personal experience. My life really did not change the past year, I lived life as normally as possible and never saw anyone die that wasnt already on their way to dying.

I will take it. My guess is a year from now they will require for schooling for kids. Better me be the guinea pig then them.
I, respectfully, strongly disagree. Trials have only begun in children, and a huge chunk of parents will not give their children a vaccine without full FDA approval (as opposed to Emergency Use Authorization). Even if the FDA fast-tracked approval, it would cause an all-out war. Will not happen.

Thankfully, as we approach herd immunity, it won't be necessary.

I, respectfully, strongly disagree. Trials have only begun in children, and a huge chunk of parents will not give their children a vaccine without full FDA approval (as opposed to Emergency Use Authorization). Even if the FDA fast-tracked approval, it would cause an all-out war. Will not happen.

Thank you for your input on that

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Nope. Wife had it, so she has been vaccinated with the real thing. Friends had it while I was around. Guess I have immunity or been lucky as hell.

It is why I shake hands with people and do not sanitize everything around me all of the time. Exposure, as a general rule, equals exercising the immune system. Now, not shaking hands with someone who has cholera/rabies/bubonic plague or what have you, but I'm not worried about flus/colds and such.

So there won’t be an option for a large number. Many large corporations will mandate it if you will be allowed on the premises. They’ll probably even arrange for the vaccination and point out if you want to keep your job you will show up at the appointment.

I’m 57. I’m “mostly dead” anyway so meh don’t care I’ll take it when threatened by my work or wife. And wife is already actively threatening.

So there won’t be an option for a large number. Many large corporations will mandate it if you will be allowed on the premises. They’ll probably even arrange for the vaccination and point out if you want to keep your job you will show up at the appointment.

I’m 57. I’m “mostly dead” anyway so meh don’t care I’ll take it when threatened by my work or wife. And wife is already actively threatening.

I'm thinking most corps will wait until the vaccines have been fully approved by the FDA before mandating employees be vaccinated. That's a ton of liability to assume on something that hasn't gone through the complete approval process. That being said, I can see companies (because I've heard clients talk) mandating vendors working on/in their facilities be vaccinated to "protect" their employees.

Not likely. I don't have a hesitation to vaccines in general. I have a hesitation to vaccines that bypass safety and testing measures.

Reactions: wmcovol

I hurd dat

I'm thinking most corps will wait until the vaccines have been fully approved by the FDA before mandating employees be vaccinated. That's a ton of liability to assume on something that hasn't gone through the complete approval process. That being said, I can see companies (because I've heard clients talk) mandating vendors working on/in their facilities be vaccinated to "protect" their employees.
Currently it's optional at McRib's hospital. Flu vaccine is optional too but they require masks during season if no flu shot.

Yes. I'm pre-registered so I can get the shot as soon it's my turn which might be a while since I am under 65, have no health issues, and I am not an essential worker. It's a no-brainer.

VN Store

Back