Vegas experts like Arkansas

JohnWardForever

Most of the Vegas handicappers are picking ARKANSAS to cover the points, OR win outright........ Just passing it on, Mark Lawrence has Arkie as his weekly 5 star play. To beat the Vols. Hmmmmm.

Tennessee has looked like a national title contender so far this ------- AND please don't attack ME! I just passed this along. It isn't like that's My opinion! Geeze
season, thanks in large part to redshirt freshman quarterback
Nic Iamaleava, who put up a solid performance for the Vols in
last week’s 25-15 win at Oklahoma. However, the Volunteer
defense won that game for Josh Heupel, limiting the Sooners

to just 222 yards of offense. While Heupel received coach-of-
the-week honors nationwide, we were busy fi nding some soft

spots in his record. For example, the Rocky Top head coach is
just 9-16 ATS versus conference opponents coming off a loss.,
including 4-12 ATS as a favorite of 13 or more points. The Vols
are also 6-11 ATS as conference favorites when playing with rest,
including 1-6 ATS when Tennessee is undefeated. On the other

side of the coin, the Hogs are 6-1 ATS in the last seven match-
ups in this series, and overall, they are 8-2 ATS as conference

home dogs of less than 14 points. In addition, Arkansas head
coach Sam Pittman is an outstanding underdog. You can fi nd
all the support in THE CLINCHER: See this week’s TRIVIA
TEASER on page 2.
ARKANSAS over Tennessee by 3

Last edited:
If we come prepared and focused and bring the intensity we will win. I am almost glad some media are expecting us to not handle our business. Arkansas will definitely be ready to play Tennessee, nobody can be taken lightly. Having said all that I have confidence that Tennessee is going to prove we are not a pretender. Go get the Win Vols! One game at a time! GBO

Often times these "expert picks" or analysts comes from people who are Vegas influencers. Vegas uses a number of strategies to sway the public and sharp money in specific directions, but now it is easy for them to get in the pocket of a social media influencers and sports writers. You can plainly see it: so many people are sponsored by BetMGM, Fanduel, etc. Vegas uses this for social engineering. People only have to disclose they are sponsored by one of those books, but never that they can tell the influencers what to say.

OU game for us had similar experts chiming in. Action Network has a section for "expert picks" and way more had OU covering. Heck, even I had a bad feeling about the game because Vegas suddenly moved the line towards OU, seemingly indicating that sharp money was coming in heavily for them.

VN Store

Back