Vegas experts like Arkansas

This is not the year to bet against Tennessee. Using history to try and predict what this team is capable of will only lead to you losing money. Thus far this year the Vols have covered every game easily. If you were to bet on Tennessee this year you wouldn't have had to sweat it out in any game.

I expect more of the same this week. Bet on Tennessee to cover rather easily once again. I know I am.

Most of the Vegas handicappers are picking ARKANSAS to cover the points, OR win outright........ Just passing it on, Mark Lawrence has Arkie as his weekly 5 star play. To beat the Vols. Hmmmmm.

Tennessee has looked like a national title contender so far this
season, thanks in large part to redshirt freshman quarterback
Nic Iamaleava, who put up a solid performance for the Vols in
last week’s 25-15 win at Oklahoma. However, the Volunteer
defense won that game for Josh Heupel, limiting the Sooners

to just 222 yards of offense. While Heupel received coach-of-
the-week honors nationwide, we were busy fi nding some soft

spots in his record. For example, the Rocky Top head coach is
just 9-16 ATS versus conference opponents coming off a loss.,
including 4-12 ATS as a favorite of 13 or more points. The Vols
are also 6-11 ATS as conference favorites when playing with rest,
including 1-6 ATS when Tennessee is undefeated. On the other

side of the coin, the Hogs are 6-1 ATS in the last seven match-
ups in this series, and overall, they are 8-2 ATS as conference

home dogs of less than 14 points. In addition, Arkansas head
coach Sam Pittman is an outstanding underdog. You can fi nd
all the support in THE CLINCHER: See this week’s TRIVIA
TEASER on page 2.
ARKANSAS over Tennessee by 3
They may be due for their best game of the year. Maybe everything going their way too. I trust Heupel and the boys to dig into the dirt
and grind it out if necessary.

Typed that in my best Paul McGinley accent

At first glance I don’t think it’s unreasonable to like Arkansas to cover or even win out right for a bet. But 2 mins of research should make you hesitate on that stance. Vols are off a bye week, the Vols have a huge advantage vs the razor backs when it comes to pass rush and pass blocking. Their QB will have to play out of his mind and make plays, especially since we also do not give up rushing yards. This game is probably the most difficult left on the schedule besides Bama and UGA, however if the Vols show up and play a B game, they win and cover.

Reactions: MagnoliaVol
I don't know why its relevant to share how UT/Arkansas fared in previous matchups when the coaches were completely different. The last three games we did lose to them but they were coached by Dooley, Butch Jones, and Pruitt.

Agree. Plus, the rest of his reasoning involved some crazy slicing and dicing. I don’t see how much if any of the rest his “reasoning” is relevant, either.

Heupel’s record ATS against teams coming off a loss?

Trap game. Beware.

Who's the good team we're facing next? Just kidding. Clearly this program has mashing Florida in it's sights.

Arkansas has played decently this year, but we are coming off a bye week where we got healthier. We have a legitimate top defense with 3 deep depth on the DL, OL more healed, and a freshman QB that had time to go back and watch his film to improve. I think we are a desperate program looking for championships not just a good record.

Most of the Vegas handicappers are picking ARKANSAS to cover the points, OR win outright........ Just passing it on, Mark Lawrence has Arkie as his weekly 5 star play. To beat the Vols. Hmmmmm.

TEASER on page 2.
lol. The way some bettors use dubious past trends in win/loss records to predict the future is just dumb, (i.e. on the road after a full moon with players and coaches no longer on the team). Come on!

This is not the year to bet against Tennessee. Using history to try and predict what this team is capable of will only lead to you losing money. Thus far this year the Vols have covered every game easily. If you were to bet on Tennessee this year you wouldn't have had to sweat it out in any game.

I expect more of the same this week. Bet on Tennessee to cover rather easily once again. I know I am.
There were people sweating 2 weeks ago, myself included. At one point if I’m not mistaken OU had the ball and if they scored could’ve covered.

There were people sweating 2 weeks ago, myself included. At one point if I’m not mistaken OU had the ball and if they scored could’ve covered.

LOL.

We were up 19-3 at the half. 25-9 late in the 4th. If you think a team needing score a TD then convert an onside kick to cover a 7 point spread is sweating it then you don't need to be gambling. It's usually a lot more stressful than that. The Oklahoma game was not sweating. That was an easy cover.

Reactions: hjeagle1vol

TEASER on page 2.
Well, I'm picking the hogs, too. This is the perfect trap game.

Trends and nothing more.
Point spreads and ATS in previous matchups mean nothing other than Vegas or the insiders are throwing out numbers to sway voters and form a narrative.
I like how they say “in their last 6 games” because game 7-30 doesn’t fit their narrative.
People act like Vegas and the insiders are just existing to make people money out of the kindness of their hearts.
Fun fact...they exist to take your money!!

We will find out how much motivation this team has. It's been a huge snowjob by Arkansas and most of the media so far. If we kill them, we have arrived because the talk is so biased in UT's favor.

VN Store

Back