*****VolNation Season Pick Contest, $250 Amazon Gift Card*****

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
So I was hoping to have the pick contest back on the site this year, but the upgrades I need to make to the site first took a little longer than expected. While I aim to have those finished soon, I didn't want to dealy the contest. With that said, we'll be using ESPN again this year.

The advantage is that you can see your picks and each games results in real time. In this format, each person gets to drop their lowest entry, which means you could theoretically miss a week and still win.

The winner will receive a $250 Amazon gift card and a custom VN user badge. See my post below.

Here's the link to the contest. https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize...&joinKey=beb22b30-8d41-3a7a-848e-38955a504d5b

The password is govols2023

From what I can tell, the deadline for the first week is Saturday at noon (Eastern).

To be eligible for the prize, you need to change the name on your picks on ESPN to match your user name here by clicking the gear icon at the top right of your picks page.

1693189797864.png

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions, post them in this thread.

Last edited:
I just got an email asking to sign up because I was amember of the group last year.

It's so close....

Thanks again FREAK for running the BEST site in the land...can't wait to.see.what new upgrades are coming.

Reactions: WillisWG
Just got the email! I need to win this to go with my basketball title 🤣
I just got an email asking to sign up because I was amember of the group last year.

It's so close....

Thanks again FREAK for running the BEST site in the land...can't wait to.see.what new upgrades are coming.
For some reason it had like 20 of you from last year's Group in a Group for this year. Or that's how it appeared anyway. So I sent a message through ESPN to make sure you guys joined the new one.

Thanks for the reminder. It had completely slipped my mind. The pick the score contest too.

I definitely am sure I didn't do it right, which is fine so long as I didn't just apply to 10 colleges and attempt to join the Ukraine Army or another secret society and donate my organs to some COVID or Mars project.

ESPN site had me create a new account but knew my birth day and month alreadyT they were off by a year on my birth year. I'm not even sure how they knew my bday.

I didn't need to enter the password you provided and THAT'S really why I think I screwed it up, which .... again is fine. I just like to play and wouldn't accept any prize anyway.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
I definitely am sure I didn't do it right, which is fine so long as I didn't just apply to 10 colleges and attempt to join the Ukraine Army or another secret society and donate my organs to some COVID or Mars project.

ESPN site had me create a new account but knew my birth day and month alreadyT they were off by a year on my birth year. I'm not even sure how they knew my bday.

I didn't need to enter the password you provided and THAT'S really why I think I screwed it up, which .... again is fine. I just like to play and wouldn't accept any prize anyway.
Surgery to harvest your organs is scheduled for October 21. No food or drink other than water for 24 hours prior. You are to report by 14:00 on the 20th.

I am in and I am reclaiming my championship. Good luck to you players. If you ain't first, you're last.
So also up for grabs is a custom "VN Pick Champion" user badge. I promised Joe this and it's been a long time coming. Let me know if anyone has a better name. It needs to be relatively short. @joevol33

View attachment 572998
Do past winners get one? LOL

Also, can we sticky this?

I didn't either
Weird. I double checked and it’s definitely set and turned on.

Did anyone have to use the password? It doesn’t really matter as long as people here know to change your entry to march your VolNation user name.

For some reason it won’t let me change my name on there to my username
That’s odd. You clicked the gear icon?

If you can’t change it just post the name on your picks here so I’ll know it’s you.

It's asking me to choose a mode (confidence, vs spread, etc). Does it matter what I choose or make me ineligible?

VN Store

Back