*****VolNation Season Pick Contest, $250 Amazon Gift Card*****

Reminder, the first game starts at noon tomorrow.

Can’t make my picks either. Says I’m early. I just cleared my Catche and all data last week. @Freak

Great news. What finally did it? Would be good to know in case anyone else has the same issue.
I had it book marked in my browser and it wouldn’t update. Forgot I wasn’t in Vol Nation. Duh

So I was hoping to have the pick contest back on the site this year, but the upgrades I need to make to the site first took a little longer than expected. While I aim to have those finished soon, I didn't want to dealy the contest. With that said, we'll be using ESPN again this year.

The advantage is that you can see your picks and each games results in real time. In this format, each person gets to drop their lowest entry, which means you could theoretically miss a week and still win.

The winner will receive a $250 Amazon gift card and a custom VN user badge. See my post below.

Here's the link to the contest. https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize...&joinKey=beb22b30-8d41-3a7a-848e-38955a504d5b

The password is govols2023

From what I can tell, the deadline for the first week is Saturday at noon (Eastern).

To be eligible for the prize, you need to change the name on your picks on ESPN to match your user name here by clicking the gear icon at the top right of your picks page.

View attachment 572986

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions, post them in this thread.
I can't get in @Freak I am signed into ESPN when I click on the group to sign in it says it's locked. Please help.

It’s showing my first week of picks has been dropped. Are we playing that our worst week is dropped?

I can't get in @Freak I am signed into ESPN when I click on the group to sign in it says it's locked. Please help.

I did something .... just as "not great": I played the first weeks, so.....yay! Forgot to play the second week - that was dumb.

HOWEVER, Freak/Volnation has a weekly pick the score contest that's obviously game by game and not a seasonal total type of win or lose thing which is something you could play. I tried to do both, but I blew it in week two by forgetting to do the seasonal game and maybe forgot to do both. NBD for me either way. Anyway, I suggest you play the game by game version of pick the score contest.

I did something .... just as "not great": I played the first weeks, so.....yay! Forgot to play the second week - that was dumb.

HOWEVER, Freak/Volnation has a weekly pick the score contest that's obviously game by game and not a seasonal total type of win or lose thing which is something you could play. I tried to do both, but I blew it in week two by forgetting to do the seasonal game and maybe forgot to do both. NBD for me either way. Anyway, I suggest you play the game by game version of pick the score contest.
Not so fast as Corso would say.
The season game drops your worst week, so even if you have a goose egg on week 2 it gets dropped.

That said, I now realize week 3 is closed so.if you missed those pucks then yeah you're basically out of it then.

Not so fast as Corso would say.
The season game drops your worst week, so even if you have a goose egg on week 2 it gets dropped.

That said, I now realize week 3 is closed so.if you missed those pucks then yeah you're basically out of it then.
True.... and I didn't miss week 3, but using up my lowest week so early in the season is like using up a timeout in the first two minutes of a football game. ie, I'd rather have it for future use than not have it. It's my bad, but you're totally correct.

Okay... Now I want to see just how good UGA is, that game is starting....

Last edited:
Reactions: IndianaVol
HAHAHA - got SUPER excited when I got the weekly results e-mail yesterday.
Went 8-2 last week and am tied for 3rd place !!!!

Then I opened the group page and found that like 30 other people are all sitting in 3rd place too...HAHAHAHAA

Reactions: Rifleman
Yeah, people at the top of our group are just crushing it this year. Be terrible if they forgot to pick.
I almost didn't say anything since I'm doing the best I've done in this contest this year...HAHAHHAAA

Damned my good raising and moral ethics !!!

I almost didn't say anything since I'm doing the best I've done in this contest this year...HAHAHHAAA

Damned my good raising and moral ethics !!!

Some tough games this week. Might shake things up. For instance, LSU's defense is still so trash they could lose to Mizzou, but I'm looking at Mizzou's tape and I don't see them slowing down LSU. A number of games like that this week where any scenario is plausible.

LSU / Mizzou might be another LSU / Ole Miss type game. Whoever has the ball last likely wins.

Oklahoma / Texas intrigues me this year. Is Texas really that good? Has Venables got OK heading in the right direction?

LSU / Mizzou might be another LSU / Ole Miss type game. Whoever has the ball last likely wins.

Oklahoma / Texas intrigues me this year. Is Texas really that good? Has Venables got OK heading in the right direction?

Even when Texas has had the talent and fired out of the gate in the past decade they have a tendency to fall apart at some point in the season. I get it. I've been through Austin enough to understand that there must be many, many, many . . . . let's say distractions to deal with.

OU offense is way better than Bama's but can they make this a shootout? Weak schedule for them so far so hard to say.

VN Store

Back