*****VolNation Season Pick Contest, $250 Amazon Gift Card*****

It's asking me to choose a mode (confidence, vs spread, etc). Does it matter what I choose or make me ineligible?
It shouldn't be asking you that if you're joining the group. That's a question I got when I was setting it up.

That's the wrong group. Click the link in the first post of this thread. It should be "VolNation.com CFB 2023"

@stolitonic

Didn't ask me for a password either. It wasn't letting me change the name either but i reloaded the page it seemed to fix it.

So I was hoping to have the pick contest back on the site this year, but the upgrades I need to make to the site first took a little longer than expected. While I aim to have those finished soon, I didn't want to dealy the contest. With that said, we'll be using ESPN again this year.

The advantage is that you can see your picks and each games results in real time. In this format, each person gets to drop their lowest entry, which means you could theoretically miss a week and still win.

The winner will receive a $250 Amazon gift card and a custom VN user badge. See my post below.

Here's the link to the contest. https://fantasy.espn.com/free-prize...&joinKey=beb22b30-8d41-3a7a-848e-38955a504d5b

The password is govols2023

From what I can tell, the deadline for the first week is Saturday at noon (Eastern).

To be eligible for the prize, you need to change the name on your picks on ESPN to match your user name here by clicking the gear icon at the top right of your picks page.

View attachment 572986

Let me know if I missed anything and if you have any questions, post them in this thread.
Was there a gift card last year? I won the season and didnt get nuffin haha

Was there a gift card last year? I won the season and didnt get nuffin haha
I think we did $100 last year. I can’t remember for sure. I can look it up. Shoot me an email or use the contact us button and I’ll check to see what happened.

Edit: I’m guessing maybe you never sent me your info.

That’s odd. You clicked the gear icon?

If you can’t change it just post the name on your picks here so I’ll know it’s you.
I ended up getting it fixed! I did all of that and for some reason it never would let me

If anybody has this same issue and does it from a mobile, all you have to do is highlight it, cut it, and then type your user name and you’re golden.

Thanks for doing this, @Freak! I look forward to this every year.

Reactions: Freak
That's weird I joined and the site just rolled my picks over from another league I'm in on ESPN ....

It's asking me to choose a mode (confidence, vs spread, etc). Does it matter what I choose or make me ineligible?
I believe the group is setup for 'Standard' to score each game as 10 points and straight up win or lose each game.

As @Freak already mentioned...MAKE SURE YOU ARE SIGNING UP UNDER THIS YEAR'S GROUP - VOLNATION.COM 2023 CFB !!!
Llast year's group seems to still be active for some reason and it looks like there are about 20 or 25 of you still in that group.

Easiest way to do this is to sign into the ESPN site, then click on the link Freak posted in the original post.
Takes you right to the new group page.

So also up for grabs is a custom "VN Pick Champion" user badge. I promised Joe this and it's been a long time coming. Let me know if anyone has a better name. It needs to be relatively short. @joevol33

View attachment 572998
@Freak So I won the VN March Madness pick'em a few years back (2021). Do past champions get grandfathered in to the sweet custom badge?

@Freak So I won the VN March Madness pick'em a few years back (2021). Do past champions get grandfathered in to the sweet custom badge?
Not at this point since it's something new, but I might consider it. I won't rule it out. But I'd have to go back and find proof of who won what.

Reactions: TennTom
Not at this point since it's something new, but I might consider it. I won't rule it out. But I'd have to go back and find proof of who won what.
Ok cool. If you change your mind, I can send you proof of my dominating performance!

VN Store

Back