Vols doing well tonight

I'm still on the fence about how I feel about the guy, but I KNOW one thing, and that is I STILL don't know how this guy got another job.

Because he is a good Offensive coach and WR coach?

If we had Wilcox last year, you guys would be swinging on his *** still. 9-3 at worst.

Glad we have Butch though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
Did Bray really look good? I know he completed his first two passes--than got sacked and lost a fumble on 3rd and 10. Was 1 for 5 after that. I hope he looked good. KC fans are excited about him because of his size and arm--but I'm still a skeptic. He will have to learn to make good, quick decisions in the pocket, get rid of the ball and be accurate. We'll see. It's a good situation for him, but....

Did Bray really look good? I know he completed his first two passes--than got sacked and lost a fumble on 3rd and 10. Was 1 for 5 after that. I hope he looked good. KC fans are excited about him because of his size and arm--but I'm still a skeptic. He will have to learn to make good, quick decisions in the pocket, get rid of the ball and be accurate. We'll see. It's a good situation for him, but....

Rookie in his first pre-season game in the NFL ... :question:

If we had Wilcox last year, you guys would be swinging on his *** still. 9-3 at worst.

How much of the Offenses' success was Dooley and how much was Chaney? Seems like Chaney had more to do with play calls on O. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd honestly be surprised if Z. Rogers doesn't make the Jet's roster. He's not the biggest guy in the world, but his potential is off the charts. Too bad he'll have the likes of Mark Sanchez throwing to him.

I almost liked your post until you said Mark Sanchez throwing. He can't throw up much less a football!

:eek:k:

Tennesseeduke

I heard this Peyton Manning guy started for the Broncos last night can anyone confirm?

How much of the Offenses' success was Dooley and how much was Chaney? Seems like Chaney had more to do with play calls on O. Just my thoughts.

Chaney had a lot to do with it, Dooley did a good job with hiring a good OC, (Wish he would of payed a little more attention to the run game), but he also gets credit for hiring Sal, which was the nail in the coffin.

I'd honestly be surprised if Z. Rogers doesn't make the Jet's roster. He's not the biggest guy in the world, but his potential is off the charts. Too bad he'll have the likes of Mark Sanchez throwing toward him.

fixed! Sanchez will be throwing in the general direction of his receivers lol

His recruiting was on a bad decline.

Yeah but that was because of the circumstances - we were losing, actually where it counts, we were not showing any progress. Recruiting would have been pretty good if - if - we had won 9 or 10 games. The Kentucky loss to end the year before hurt as well.

I think we're really fortunate right now to have the juniors and seniors that Dooley's staff recruited but more importantly we're even more fortunate to have the new staff. I like Dooley but I thought being the head coach to him was like being a CEO. With Butch it's a way of life. There is a quality that is found in successful leaders that was missing with Dooley but is pretty obvious with Butch. Butch gets it. It's really that simple. Dooley didn't and likely never will. It's not his fault. It's really probably his momma's fault. Really. jmo.

He's a good position coach sorry head coach. But if you know A2+B2=C2 you too can teach Wide Receivers in the NFL.

I still really don't believe that he can be evaluated as a head coach. He took over in one of the worst stretches of TN football. The guy walked into a very tough up hill battle situation. If he were to take over a talent rich bama team people may have seen him as the best coach ever. Not saying he is, just that we may never know. I am one that felt he needed to be fired as well. But just felt like even Nick Saban wouldn't have done much better with our roster.

I still really don't believe that he can be evaluated as a head coach. He took over in one of the worst stretches of TN football. The guy walked into a very tough up hill battle situation. If he were to take over a talent rich bama team people may have seen him as the best coach ever. Not saying he is, just that we may never know. I am one that felt he needed to be fired as well. But just felt like even Nick Saban wouldn't have done much better with our roster.

I have to disagree with you on the first part of your post. He took a bad situation and made it worse and we will look back at the 2012 season and see it was a blessing in disguise because thats what it took to get him out of Knoxville.

Chaney had a lot to do with it, Dooley did a good job with hiring a good OC, (Wish he would of payed a little more attention to the run game), but he also gets credit for hiring Sal, which was the nail in the coffin.

Kiffin hired Chaney but Dooley did retain him.

Not a chance. He won 5 games with Wilcox as his D Coord the year before. He'd have found a way to squeak out 7 losses with or without him.

VN Store

Back