Vols Fall Practice #9

Can we not just be happy that it appears we have a solid back up quarterback in Gaston Moore. I've said on here before, He can run this offense very well. God forbid and injury to Nico, I feel our offense would still be able to hum with GM.

Don’t feed the troll. Attention seeking behavior in classical form.
I’m not a troll. Been a lifelong Vols fan going on 47 years. I call it like I see it. I’m talking about Moore playing in SEC games. Heck, 3rd stringers in the SEC are better than most 1st stringers in other conferences. If you and others can say Nico has more college experience than Moore, then you are only looking through the orange glasses. You are calling a 5⭐️ QB with one quality game of playing time experience. He hasn’t proven himself yet. I sure hope he does because he has all the talent in the world. I hope he breaks all the records at Tennessee (sorry Manning). Gaston has come in and played very well in game situations. He is poised and confident and knows what to do with the ball. Sure can’t say that for a few “starters” that we’ve had. That is why I said I trust him 100% right now. He could’ve left and went to be a starter somewhere else. He didn’t and no one had to give him any money to stay at Tennessee either. True VFL.

Some of the posts in this thread are next-level ridiculous.

These are the career stats for Nico (Sophomore) vs Gaston Moore (5th Year Senior).

Nico - 28 of 45 passing for 314 yards, 2 TD passes, 0 INT's. 71 yards rushing and 3 rushing TD's.

Moore - 10 of 17 for 220 yards, 0 TD's passing, 1 INT. 4 yards rushing and 0 rushing TD's.

Moore compiled those stats playing mop-up duty against the following teams during his career (South Alabama, Vandy twice, UT Martin, Ball State, and he took a few snaps against Iowa).
Next Level ridiculous? Man I know you have a brain somewhere up there between those elephant ears. I am not saying anything bad at all against Nico. He is(at least I hope) going to be a superstar. Gaston has stuck it out through thick and thin. He is a poised QB that comes in after sitting game after game and gives you quality results. He is proficient in his passing. Zero TD’s because it’s mop up duty. You do know that is 96% running the football? Guess what, no one had to pay him to play football at Tennessee either. That’s a true VFL. Regardless, Gaston is a great backup when he is called on. Now, let’s just hope the $8 million man can live up to the hype. If not, we got some good ones behind him.

Can we not just be happy that it appears we have a solid back up quarterback in Gaston Moore. I've said on here before, He can run this offense very well. God forbid and injury to Nico, I feel our offense would still be able to hum with GM.
lol. You must be new around here. You see this is a common thing. The backup QB is ALWAYS the superior QB.

I’m not a troll. Been a lifelong Vols fan going on 47 years. I call it like I see it. I’m talking about Moore playing in SEC games. Heck, 3rd stringers in the SEC are better than most 1st stringers in other conferences. If you and others can say Nico has more college experience than Moore, then you are only looking through the orange glasses. You are calling a 5⭐️ QB with one quality game of playing time experience. He hasn’t proven himself yet. I sure hope he does because he has all the talent in the world. I hope he breaks all the records at Tennessee (sorry Manning). Gaston has come in and played very well in game situations. He is poised and confident and knows what to do with the ball. Sure can’t say that for a few “starters” that we’ve had. That is why I said I trust him 100% right now. He could’ve left and went to be a starter somewhere else. He didn’t and no one had to give him any money to stay at Tennessee either. True VFL.
Third string SEC QBs are better than most starting QBs in other conferences? 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Troll status confirmed.

Reactions: 25vol
Third string SEC QBs are better than most starting QBs in other conferences? 😂😂😂😂😂😂. Troll status confirmed.
I said better than most. I’ll ask you a question smart$$$…would you rather have Gaston Moore or Kennesaw State’s QB starting for your team tomorrow? Answer honestly if there is any of that in you.

Exactly right. And I’m starting to think the TN media deserves some criticism here for raising alarms about player performance during practice when they maybe watch 20 minutes out of a practice that goes on for hours. They have no clue how these players are actually performing but they report on it as if they do and then people come in these threads and freak out for no reason.
Here's another thought on that:
Are reporters raising alarms or are they just reporting what they see, and it's us responding with alarm when we read it?

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Is the biggest surprise Kitselman as the number 1 TE? I figured it would be Staeas/Davis rotating at the 1 with Kitselman being the blocker in 2 TE sets and short yardage/goal line situations.
I believe it will end up just the way you figured, and I would not put too much stock in apparent depth order at this point in the summer camp.

VN Store

Back