Vols get a night game for Arkansas

Back when the VOLS were not so good there were lots of complaints about not having night games or the primetime 3:30 slot. A lot of it had to do with not enough pregame tailgating time, and for those that don't go to games it sort of messes up Saturdays, especially early games. As for me, I like the night games because I can get more done during the day. I'm sure will get some 3:30 games mixed in when we play Bama, UGA, and FLA. UTEP is already listed as a noon start. Wouldn't be surprised if the MSU game is noon as well.

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Back when the VOLS were not so good there were lots of complaints about not having night games or the primetime 3:30 slot. A lot of it had to do with not enough pregame tailgating time, and for those that don't go to games it sort of messes up Saturdays, especially early games. As for me, I like the night games because I can get more done during the day. I'm sure will get some 3:30 games mixed in when we play Bama, UGA, and FLA. UTEP is already listed as a noon start. Wouldn't be surprised if the MSU game is noon as well.

It is looking like the night-time slot is now the "prime time" slot. Alabama vs. Georgia is at 6:30 p.m. as well. This is a drastic change from CBS model.

I have a 4-year old so it is easier for us to visit people and watch games together when they are midday games. 6:30 games keeps it on until 10 p.m. or later...

I was living in Texas when Tennessee came to play Arkansas in 1999. Our church’s pastor, music director and youth pastor were all Arkansas alum.

My dad took us to the game and we lost. Went to church the next day where the pastor asked the congregation to pray for our family and then came out to find our car had Arkansas signs on it put on courtesy of our pastors wife (which was shocking! LOL)

We got them back the next year when we hosted a party during the TN Ark game where we beat them 63-20 and we served a menu entirely of pork

I have a special place in my heart for these games. I’ll always be that little girl with an orange T painted on her face screaming at the top of her lungs “Chopped Suey!!!” In Fayetteville.

Go Vols, kill the pigs

I assume most people that were complaining about a lack of night games were doing so for home games. I want early road games and night home games. I want away fans to have as little time as possible to get liquored up and rowdy. I want the away stands full of as many young children and senior citizens as possible.

At least with night road games you don’t get a setup where away team benches are in the sun while home team’s are in the shade.

Pretty special that you have a top 25 matchup that day with A&M and Missouri and a historical rivalry game with Auburn/Georgia but the vols playing an unranked opponent are still placed in the prime time spot.
If Arky were to upset Texas A&M this weekend they might slide into the rankings in time for the Tennessee game imo.

View attachment 680103

clemson vs Florida State

ABC still showing ACC games or are they exclusive SEC now? And I think Ark vs TN (if Ark wins this weekend) will draw more viewers. The only other game I could see knocking us off ABC is Auburn vs UGA possibly. As much as i hate the 9 million commercial breaks, having 3 games out of 5 on primetime ABC National Television HAS TO help our recruiting.........especially with recruits outside our normal footprint.

VN Store

Back