Vols get a night game for Arkansas

Back when the VOLS were not so good there were lots of complaints about not having night games or the primetime 3:30 slot. A lot of it had to do with not enough pregame tailgating time, and for those that don't go to games it sort of messes up Saturdays, especially early games. As for me, I like the night games because I can get more done during the day. I'm sure will get some 3:30 games mixed in when we play Bama, UGA, and FLA. UTEP is already listed as a noon start. Wouldn't be surprised if the MSU game is noon as well.
Mississippi State is already announced as a night game.

ABC still showing ACC games or are they exclusive SEC now? And I think Ark vs TN (if Ark wins this weekend) will draw more viewers. The only other game I could see knocking us off ABC is Auburn vs UGA possibly. As much as i hate the 9 million commercial breaks, having 3 games out of 5 on primetime ABC National Television HAS TO help our recruiting.........especially with recruits outside our normal footprint.
I am thinking Piggies get a W Saturday our game will then be on ABC, L to ESPN. Yep ABC is still showing ACC games.

Tenn. Needs to walk in there like the #5 team they are with a bit of a chip on their shoulder and take care of business, get the win and leave.
Leave the hand ringing and nail bitting for the hogs.
Hope we do, and Arkansas looking a tad better i think. Hopefully we taje care of business easily

Reactions: ATC_VOL
Pretty special that you have a top 25 matchup that day with A&M and Missouri and a historical rivalry game with Auburn/Georgia but the vols playing an unranked opponent are still placed in the prime time spot.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Arky is ranked by than. They are playing great football.

View attachment 680103
A&M v Mizzou
and
UF v UCF
both shaping up to be interesting matchups.
I am going to spend every commercial break that night watching UCF take out UF.

A&M is not good, but they have enough to defeat Mizzou if their defense can stop the run.

With the change it networks, this will be the norm for us as we keep winning. Primetime is no longer 3:30 pm on CBS, it’s UT under the lights on ABC.

Reactions: volinsd
Actual time announced later but either 6 or 6:30 central so another road night game for the good guys!

Actual time announced later but either 6 or 6:30 central so another road night game for the good guys!
Man that sucks balls. But I knew this would happen things will be incredibly tough on the road. Almost a guarantee that the UGA game will be at night too

Pretty special that you have a top 25 matchup that day with A&M and Missouri and a historical rivalry game with Auburn/Georgia but the vols playing an unranked opponent are still placed in the prime time spot.

Very revealing that an alleged top 10 team in Missouri is playing a ranked team in A&M and still getting the 11am slot. The networks know what teams people want to see.

Reactions: ENGRVOL
Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back