Vols Picked to finish 5TH in the East

Why can't you believe it? We've finished second to last in the east the past 2 years.

Edit: We did have Fooley though

Here's my reasons behind it:

Seasoned offensive Line
Butch and Staff versus Dooley and whatever you called that.
Most experienced team in a while
More overall talent
Neyland Stadium

JMO though!

Reactions: 2 people
The top three are obvious and the team picked above us did beat us pretty bad this past year. Makes perfect sense, especially since we lost our top play makers from last year. Hopefully we use this as motivation to whip dey azz.

I'm not really sure why you'd be surprised. I would expect anyone other than Vol fans to predominately pick the Vols at 5th.

Reactions: 3 people
I think are vols will shock the world this year and we go to the sec champ game. People think because we lost Bray Hunter and Patterson that we will not be as good. I think we got just as much talent but we will be balanced a better coach a better D players are hungry and Butch is feeding them what they need.

Butch will be coach of the year.

Reactions: 6 people
I think are vols will shock the world this year and we go to the sec champ game. People think because we lost Bray Hunter and Patterson that we will not be as good. I think we got just as much talent but we will be balanced a better coach a better D players are hungry and Butch is feeding them what they need.

And it begins....

Reactions: 5 people
Here's my reasons behind it:

Seasoned offensive Line
Butch and Staff versus Dooley and whatever you called that.
Most experienced team in a while
More overall talent
Neyland Stadium

JMO though!

That experienced team includes returning last year's terrible defense, and very few of our offensive skill players. Vandy beat the crap out of us last year.

CBJ is doing a great job recruiting and creating buzz, but his SEC game-day coaching is to be determined. Remember that Dooley's "whatever-you-call-that" coaching staff drug Butch's team all over the field a couple of years ago.

I don't know about SEC championship game but I think we'll beat S. AL, Austin P, KY, Mizz, Vandy, WK. Then I think we'll beat one of SC, GA, OR.

Reactions: 1 person
Vol optimists are whistling past the graveyard. First, the defense should be better than last year--but that is only saying that we won't have the worst defense in modern UT history again. That doesn't mean the defense will be good--and in fact, the best we can hope for is OK, decent, mediocre. Our DL is average, and our LB and DB units are weak. On offense, we have an experienced OL, which is nice, and a couple of experienced backs. But that's the end of the good news. Our passing game might be terrible as we will have a QB with little experience and WRs with even less. Mark it: Teams will stack their D against our run game and dare our QB/Wrs to beat them. That's going to be a problem--especially because some of our receivers didn't even play in the spring.

That experienced team includes returning last year's terrible defense, and very few of our offensive skill players. Vandy beat the crap out of us last year.

CBJ is doing a great job recruiting and creating buzz, but his SEC game-day coaching is to be determined. Remember that Dooley's "whatever-you-call-that" coaching staff drug Butch's team all over the field a couple of years ago.
that was with a wilcox D and a never before hurt /hunter and the team played lights out. don't think you can compare cincy talent to the UT's sorry

Vol optimists are whistling past the graveyard. First, the defense should be better than last year--but that is only saying that we won't have the worst defense in modern UT history again. That doesn't mean the defense will be good--and in fact, the best we can hope for is OK, decent, mediocre. Our DL is average, and our LB and DB units are weak. On offense, we have an experienced OL, which is nice, and a couple of experienced backs. But that's the end of the good news. Our passing game might be terrible as we will have a QB with little experience and WRs with even less. Mark it: Teams will stack their D against our run game and dare our QB/Wrs to beat them. That's going to be a problem--especially because some of our receivers didn't even play in the spring.

^^Reality

I agree but I think a lot of the defense was due to coaching and switching to the 3 -4. Plus We were more talented all over the field than Cincy. Also, I think the Vandy loss last year had more to do with motivation, or the lack thereof than anything else.

Doesn't matter what they think cause Butch will prove them wrong.

Can't believe we're expected to finish 2nd behind Vandy? They spanked us last year. I don't see why it's so shocking that in a preseason poll we'd be predicted to finish behind them with all we've lost.

when they stack the D to stop the run then we will kill them with short passes

Y'all should get that butch gets that y'all get it that he gets it. Don't worry if they don't get it. They're going to get that he gets it and y'all will know that you were able to get it before they got it that butch gets it

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back