Vols Picked to finish 5TH in the East

that was with a wilcox D and a never before hurt /hunter and the team played lights out. don't think you can compare cincy talent to the UT's sorry

There's no need to apologize.

The fact remains, the Dools was the head coach of that team, while Butch was the HC of Cincy. Like I said, CBJ is recruiting great and building good momentum, but he's about to go up against the best football coaches and teams in CFB.

This ain't the Big East, and he ain't following Brian Kelly.

Last edited:
I know hope springs eternal, but you've got to be a serious homer not to understand all the reasons we're picked 5th.

Reactions: 1 person
If we finish 7-5 and win a bowl game, I'll be happy. It will automatically be better than what Kiffin and Dooley did, and that's a great first step.

I would have Tennessee 4th. I think the vols get past mizzou, ky, and vandy.

Mizzou on the road concerns me your to the vols' track record on the road

I think Vandy will go 3-5 or 2-6 in their SEC schedule this year. With overall record of 6-6 or 5-7. Maybe I'm wrong and they get lucky with Ole Miss or SCjr. But here's how I played it out.

6-6
2-6 (SEC Play)
They still make a bowl and keep on bragging, and saying "Next year in Nashville"

Ole Miss- L
AP - W
at SCjr- L
at UMass - W
UAB- W
Missour- W
UGA- L
at TAM- L
at Fla - L
KY - W
at TENN - L
Wake - W

Here's how I see Tennessee finishing. And I am being as honest and subjective as possible.

7-5
4-4 (SEC play)
ahead of USCjr (also 4-4 but we get tiebreaker), Vandy, Missouri, and KY

AP- W
WK - W (close game though)
At Oregon - L (Close Game in the first half)
At Fla - L
So. A - W
Georgia - L
USCjr - W (Butch's first big win)
at Bama - L
At Missouri - W (shootout)
Auburn - L (I see Malzahn getting things together quick)
Vandy - W (stomping)
at Ky - W

Y'all should get that butch gets that y'all get it that he gets it. Don't worry if they don't get it. They're going to get that he gets it and y'all will know that you were able to get it before they got it that butch gets it

Im glad that somebody Gets IT!

that was with a wilcox D and a never before hurt /hunter and the team played lights out. don't think you can compare cincy talent to the UT's sorry

Is that the same team that went 5-7 and got beat by Kentucky? I'm surprised we're not picked 6th. Missouri will be a tough game for us.

I actually have the Vols ahead of Vanderbilt. I have Tennessee going 7-5 (4-4) sec, and Vanderbilt going 6-6 (2-6) sec. My hatred for Vanderbilt could be influencing that a little bit though..

I actually have the Vols ahead of Vanderbilt. I have Tennessee going 7-5 (4-4) sec, and Vanderbilt going 6-6 (2-6) sec. My hatred for Vanderbilt could be influencing that a little bit though..

See above, that's my exact numbers. We are probably even the same the games.
Maybe switching USCjr and Auburn

It's total BS. When was the last time the experts were right about anything? I can't believe you listen to that crap. We have a team that is every bit as talented and experienced as any other team in college football or the SEC. I don't see any difference between Tennessee and LSU this year. Try opening your eyes instead of listening to the background noise.

Just listened to Nicky Saban at media days. He busted their asses about not being about to make any predictions right. The media is 4-17 in picking the SEC champion the last 21 years. :blink: 4-17 people. The media has NO IDEA what they are talking about, they are called "talking heads" for a reason.

Reactions: 3 people
The top three are obvious and the team picked above us did beat us pretty bad this past year. Makes perfect sense, especially since we lost our top play makers from last year. Hopefully we use this as motivation to whip dey azz.

and they lost an experienced QB, the schools best rusher ever, and all of their middle rotation guys on the D line.

It's total BS. When was the last time the experts were right about anything? I can't believe you listen to that crap. We have a team that is every bit as talented and experienced as any other team in college football or the SEC. I don't see any difference between Tennessee and LSU this year. Try opening your eyes instead of listening to the background noise.

Just listened to Nicky Saban at media days. He busted their asses about not being about to make any predictions right. The media is 4-17 in picking the SEC champion the last 21 years. :blink: 4-17 people. The media has NO IDEA what they are talking about, they are called "talking heads" for a reason.

Y u mad bro?

Of course you don't.

Every year at this time I say, "I have never been this ready for the start of the football season!"

But this year, I really mean it.... LOL

I feel like jumping up, grabbing a football and my boss, and going outside to play some catch!!!!

:)

See above, that's my exact numbers. We are probably even the same the games.
Maybe switching USCjr and Auburn

I actually have the exact same wins and losses as you do team for team. Who do you have in the sec championship game? I have Alabama-Florida.

I think are vols will shock the world this year and we go to the sec champ game. People think because we lost Bray Hunter and Patterson that we will not be as good. I think we got just as much talent but we will be balanced a better coach a better D players are hungry and Butch is feeding them what they need.

Butch will be coach of the year.
I do believe we will be much better than most people think. It's hard for pundits and fans alike to raise their expectations when we've had, what, 4-5 losing seasons the past 7yrs.

The bottom line, though, is that Butch is the ONLY coach, since Fulmer was fired, that has a winning resume. His Bearcats overachieved on a routine basis....beating teams in bigger conferences, like Pitt and Virginia Tech.

I think that is why recruits are buying what Butch is selling. Not only the facilities and stadium upgrades (from over the past few years). But, unlike Dooley and Kiffin, recruits and players alike can see a consistently winning record in his resume.

I think Vandy will go 3-5 or 2-6 in their SEC schedule this year. With overall record of 6-6 or 5-7. Maybe I'm wrong and they get lucky with Ole Miss or SCjr. But here's how I played it out.

6-6
2-6 (SEC Play)
They still make a bowl and keep on bragging, and saying "Next year in Nashville"

Ole Miss- L
AP - W
at SCjr- L
at UMass - W
UAB- W
Missour- W
UGA- L
at TAM- L
at Fla - L
KY - W
at TENN - L
Wake - W

I can see Vandy doing a repeat of last year, which is win all the games they could or "supposed to" and not beat any of the good teams they play.

They beat AP, UMass, UAB, Kentucky, and probably Missouri and WF. That alone will get them 6 wins.

The 2 toss ups I have are Ole Miss and Tennessee. I can see them winning both or losing both, depending on how good OM and UT end up being.

VU loses to SC, UGA, UF, and TAMU.

I can definitely see Vandy then going to the Music City or Liberty Bowl again, beating a weak team, and Franklin praised again, and for a 3rd straight year not beating one good team.

Reactions: 1 person

Sorry bro, we are not as talented or as experienced as the top dogs in the conference. I'm not saying we are depleted, because we have talent in specific areas. The team as a whole, we are not. To think we are as talented as LSU is not accurate, they are stacked with 4 and 5 stars. Anyway, 7-5 + bowl win = good season. Go vols!

VN Store

Back