Vols Picked to finish 5TH in the East

Stop talking the vols down every opportunity you get...What's the deal. A big part of a winning culture is seeing what's possible. We haven't even played a game yet. Not one down...and first it was "our offense is going to suck", then it came out that we have one of the best offensive lines in the country. Then it was "our defense sucks", then it came out we have one of the best line backer crew in the country. Our safeties are very good, just look at the picks and interceptions that happened last year. Our running backs are experienced and know their opponents this year. They started to take hits and run between the tackles very well at the end of last year. We have a TON of experienced inside receivers, and guess what...BUTCH JONES loves inside receivers. We have some young...which equals speed and attitude... receivers on the outside. All they have to do is catch a ball...nothing fancy. We have a quarter back who knows his team, who knows his opponents, and can throw a ball to any where on the field. I think he did a pretty good job coming n the game last year...so you are going to have to convince me people. With our facilities, with our coaches, with our assistance, with our team...you are going to have to convince me we are lacking in any way.

Stop talking the vols down every opportunity you get...What's the deal. A big part of a winning culture is seeing what's possible. We haven't even played a game yet. Not one down...and first it was "our offense is going to suck", then it came out that we have one of the best offensive lines in the country. Then it was "our defense sucks", then it came out we have one of the best line backer crew in the country. Our safeties are very good, just look at the picks and interceptions that happened last year. Our running backs are experienced and know their opponents this year. They started to take hits and run between the tackles very well at the end of last year. We have a TON of experienced inside receivers, and guess what...BUTCH JONES loves inside receivers. We have some young...which equals speed and attitude... receivers on the outside. All they have to do is catch a ball...nothing fancy. We have a quarter back who knows his team, who knows his opponents, and can throw a ball to any where on the field. I think he did a pretty good job coming n the game last year...so you are going to have to convince me people. With our facilities, with our coaches, with our assistance, with our team...you are going to have to convince me we are lacking in any way.

There's a world of difference in having optimism, and posting that you can't see a difference between LSU and UT.

Reactions: 1 person
I can see Vandy doing a repeat of last year, which is win all the games they could or "supposed to" and not beat any of the good teams they play.

They beat AP, UMass, UAB, Kentucky, and probably Missouri and WF. That alone will get them 6 wins.

The 2 toss ups I have are Ole Miss and Tennessee. I can see them winning both or losing both, depending on how good OM and UT end up being.

VU loses to SC, UGA, UF, and TAMU.

I can definitely see Vandy then going to the Music City or Liberty Bowl again, beating a weak team, and Franklin praised again, and for a 3rd straight year not beating one good team.

Yea, the Ole Miss and Tenn games are kinda toss ups. I really dont think our players will give up to Vandy at home. Last year and all the trash talking would be too embarassing to repeat.

But you're right. They will finish 6-6 and go to some crappy bowl game, playing Northern Illinois, and Franklin will continue his run as hero of the retards.

There's a world of difference in having optimism, and posting that you can't see a difference between LSU and UT.

I don't. Their quarter backs haven't been anything better than U.T. has had...I'd actually say worse last year. They are full of 4 star recruits just like U.T., we have similar schedules. The difference? I quote directly from Les Miles..."I favor us in every game".

Good post and I'll add that we don't have that poisonous locker room.

I don't. Their quarter backs haven't been anything better than U.T. has had...I'd actually say worse last year. They are full of 4 star recruits just like U.T., we have similar schedules. The difference? I quote directly from Les Miles..."I favor us in every game".

Volsheimer's is treatable

Is that the same team that went 5-7 and got beat by Kentucky? I'm surprised we're not picked 6th. Missouri will be a tough game for us.
no that was not the same team half the starters was out hurt and they had gave up at the end of the season cause Dooley gave up

Mettenburger isn't a great QB, but he has a full season under his belt, with a cast of WRs who have actually caught passes, and RBs who can be depended on to take the pressure off. Can UT say the same thing about any of those positions?

I think most realistic ppl understand that we shouldnt expect to compete with the LSUs and Bamas of the world in Butch's first year. Every coach needs time to build his team the way he likes it.

Realism and Bashing are two different things. I still believe my Vols will have a winning season, but they aren't going to win the NC this year. Two years from now with a soph. Jalen Hurd, TKjr, and company and a resurrected OL, we really have a shot at blowing the lid off this thing and putting TENNESSEE back in the place it belongs.

Butch is already filling our plates more than we expected in 9 months as our coach. Imagine what 3 years will look like.

Last edited:
I think most realistic ppl understand that we shouldnt expect to compete with the LSUs and Bamas of the world in Butch's first year. Every coach needs time to build his team the way he likes it.

Realism and Bashing are two different things. I still believe my Vols will have a winning season, but they aren't going to win the NC this year. Two years from now with a soph. Jalen Hurd, TKjr, and company and a resurrected OL, we really have a shot at blowing the lid off this thing and putting TENNESSEE back in the place it belongs.

Butch is are filling our plates more than we expected in 9 months as our coach. Imagine what 3 years will look like.

In year 3 I expect nothing less then a 10 win season.

Not around here it seems.

I wonder if he posted this same type of crap each of the last 3 years.

His join date was last September. But he could be one of those folks who goes nuts all Spring and Summer, gets embarrassed in the Fall, and creates an alter in the Winter.

His join date was last September. But he could be one of those folks who goes full retard all Spring and Summer, gets embarrassed in the Fall, and creates an alter in the Winter.

FYP

3lcd.jpg

I think are vols will shock the world this year and we go to the sec champ game. People think because we lost Bray Hunter and Patterson that we will not be as good. I think we got just as much talent but we will be balanced a better coach a better D players are hungry and Butch is feeding them what they need.

Butch will be coach of the year.

Screw it, I'm ALL IN!!!!!

I think are vols will shock the world this year and we go to the sec champ game. People think because we lost Bray Hunter and Patterson that we will not be as good. I think we got just as much talent but we will be balanced a better coach a better D players are hungry and Butch is feeding them what they need.

Butch will be coach of the year.

And that's why I say kids, "don't do crack"

Mettenburger isn't a great QB, but he has a full season under his belt, with a cast of WRs who have actually caught passes, and RBs who can be depended on to take the pressure off. Can UT say the same thing about any of those positions?

i can't believe I'm being dragged back into it with you, but yes, yes I can say the same about all the possessions. Worley came in at a very difficult time, cold off the bench and did a great job. I'll call him dependable. Our backs are older, more experienced and have tremendous upside. they have been conditioning like mad and know their jobs now. I'll call them dependable. As for our receivers? we have a boatload...more than people are giving us credit for, but they are mostly inside guys. The outside guys are the only "youth"...oh you mean they can't play? like Cooper last year? That's all I'll say.

i can't believe I'm being dragged back into it with you, but yes, yes I can say the same about all the possessions. Worley came in at a very difficult time, cold off the bench and did a great job. I'll call him dependable. Our backs are older, more experienced and have tremendous upside. they have been conditioning like mad and know their jobs now. I'll call them dependable. As for our receivers? we have a boatload...more than people are giving us credit for, but they are mostly inside guys. The outside guys are the only "youth"...oh you mean they can't play? like Cooper last year? That's all I'll say.

That's great....and it's great that no other team has improved, has more experience, or anything else. I'm glad to hear ONLY UT has improved, everybody else in the SEC and the nation got worse.

Great analysis.

every team is different and new every year. This is college ball. Alabama loses a ton of players every year too. Every team does. Every team, every player, every game, every moment is new. Every minute is a new opportunity.

VN Store

Back