WACO

They threw or pumped tear gas into the building, a C/S grenade can has the capability to ignite a fire.

An arson investigation team compiled by the Texas State Rangers found that the ensuing fire that engulfed the compound was deliberately set by one or more people inside the building. The team concluded that the fire was not caused or spread by any chemicals used in the gassing operation.

Use of Tear Gas in Waco Raid Under Scrutiny : Siege: Experts raise safety questions. Reno says she was assured substance would not harm children.

clearly we went nuts with the tear gas but it doesn't appear to be the cause of the fire.

An arson investigation team compiled by the Texas State Rangers found that the ensuing fire that engulfed the compound was deliberately set by one or more people inside the building. The team concluded that the fire was not caused or spread by any chemicals used in the gassing operation.

Use of Tear Gas in Waco Raid Under Scrutiny : Siege: Experts raise safety questions. Reno says she was assured substance would not harm children.

clearly we went nuts with the tear gas but it doesn't appear to be the cause of the fire.

I just don't believe a damn word from any investigation team, Richards was Governor then.

The fire was started internally. That was on Koresh and his people
What was the matter with just picking him up off the street and away from home?

I swear, Waco should have been a lessen on how NOT to arrest someone. People will tend to fight when police come raid their homes. These police home raids routinely seem to have some kind of avoidable nonsense going on.

What was the matter with just picking him up off the street and away from home?

I swear, Waco should have been a lessen on how NOT to arrest someone. People will tend to fight when police come raid their homes. These police home raids routinely seem to have some kind of avoidable nonsense going on.

It was poorly handled. I agree 100% . And one of the reasons it was poorly handled was because it gave Koresh a shot at a mass suicide. Janet Reno should have been fired over this

FBI Nixed Raid On Tennessee Religious Compound After Waco Massacre | ZeroHedge

Matthews further said that “within hours of Waco” agents were already headed to Tennessee to plan the next raid.

But top officials apparently had second thoughts, as the Tennessee raid was called off amidst the negative attention federal agencies were receiving after the Waco massacre.

“Doc Grady was saved by Waco,” Matthews wrote. “Seeing Waco did not go over so well in the eyes of a lot of folks, they did not raid Doc Grady’s, for it would have opened a bigger can of worms and a war may have started from the groups across the country.”

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
The fire was started internally. That was on Koresh and his people

Waco 30 Years Later: It's Not An Atrocity If The Feds Do It | ZeroHedge

Purported Good Intentions Absolve Real Deadly Force

Janet Reno, the nation’s first female attorney general, approved the FBI’s assault on the Davidians. Previously, she had zealously prosecuted child abuse cases in Dade County, Florida, though many of her high-profile convictions were later overturned because of gross violations of due process. Reno approved the FBI assault after being told “babies were being beaten.” It is not known who told her about the false claims of child abuse; Reno claimed she couldn’t remember. Her sterling reputation helped the government avoid any apparent culpability for the deaths of 27 children on April 19, 1993. After Reno publicly promised to take responsibility for the outcome at Waco, the media conferred instant sainthood upon her. At a press conference the day after the fire, President Bill Clinton declared, “I was frankly—surprised would be a mild word—to say that anyone that would suggest that the Attorney General should resign because some religious fanatics murdered themselves.” According to a Federal News Service transcript, the White House press corps applauded Clinton’s comment on Reno.

Janet Reno, the nation’s first female attorney general, approved the FBI’s assault on the Davidians. Previously, she had zealously prosecuted child abuse cases in Dade County, Florida, though many of her high-profile convictions were later overturned because of gross violations of due process. Reno approved the FBI assault after being told “babies were being beaten.” It is not known who told her about the false claims of child abuse; Reno claimed she couldn’t remember. Her sterling reputation helped the government avoid any apparent culpability for the deaths of 27 children on April 19, 1993. After Reno publicly promised to take responsibility for the outcome at Waco, the media conferred instant sainthood upon her. At a press conference the day after the fire, President Bill Clinton declared, “I was frankly—surprised would be a mild word—to say that anyone that would suggest that the Attorney General should resign because some religious fanatics murdered themselves.” According to a Federal News Service transcript, the White House press corps applauded Clinton’s comment on Reno.
Child abuse and setting fires are two very different things. There might not be evidence that kids were abused but there sure is evidence that Koresh and his people set the fires. It was indeed a botched operation by Janet Reno. Remember she was not hired to her position on her merits. She was hired due to Clinton''s insistence to hire a woman. the field was further widdled down when several female candidates had issues with paying nannies under the table so in the end he needed a woman w/o kids. There's a lesson there

Child abuse and setting fires are two very different things. There might not be evidence that kids were abused but there sure is evidence that Koresh and his people set the fires. It was indeed a botched operation by Janet Reno. Remember she was not hired to her position on her merits. She was hired due to Clinton''s insistence to hire a woman. the field was further widdled down when several female candidates had issues with paying nannies under the table so in the end he needed a woman w/o kids. There's a lesson there

So let me get this straight... killing women and children is collateral damage just as long as we can kill one guy.... one guy that we could have arrested on the streets without incident?

So let me get this straight... killing women and children is collateral damage just as long as we can kill one guy.... one guy that we could have arrested on the streets without incident?
Should be interesting to see you stretch Armstrong whatever the hell you’re going on about here to Russians killing Ukrainians or Hamas killing Jews.

So let me get this straight, Janet Reno and the BATF can call for a 45 day ceasefire after running out of ammo and then have right wingers (rightfully) condemn her for killing women and children in an effort to Kill one guy, now those same people act as though asking for a ceasefire in Gaza is antisemitic and the killing of women and children in Gaza is OK?

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
So let me get this straight, Janet Reno and the BATF can call for a 45 day ceasefire after running out of ammo and then have right wingers (rightfully) condemn her for killing women and children in an effort to Kill one guy, now those same people act as though asking for a ceasefire in Gaza is antisemitic and the killing of women and children in Gaza is OK?
Pretty much.

I haven't seen this latest film on the fringe Adventist cult. I did see an earlier documentary on him some years ago. I was actually in Texas when this happened, Austin, specifically.

Koresh was just a pre- Warren Jeffs. Had illusions of divinity, a Jerry Sandusky, except Koresh preferred little girls. According to interviews of parents who were in the cult before leaving, it wasn't just a 14yrs old girl, others, some even younger as well. These interviews aired quite some years ago and might still be archived somewhere. I think it was a 20/20 special, maybe Dateline USA. Koresh was everything MAGAs claim to be against, but for the sake of the not unjust claim of government overreach, embrace the man demon. One thing I recall at the time, a local sheriff was pizzed. According to him, bloodshed was avoidable if the feds had listened to him, Seems he was very familiar with the Koresh cult, and Koresh himself. He could have actually walked him into the hands of the feds. He also claimed that Koresh was seated at a diner table eating when the feds first came looking for him. He was there for the taking, so why didn't they? The feds botched the whole thing big time. All that doesn't excuse what Koresh actually was. Just your garden variety wacko of self-delusional and mentally unbalanced nut infected with Jim Jones-ism, who liked kiddie pumping. A perfect MAGA darling in the more extreme mold of Matt Gaetz, Jeffrey Epstein, Donald Trump, and Jim Jordan. Heil MAGA!

VN Store

Back