Wanna beat Iowa?

BrewHawk

It's easy if you can do a few things...

On offense: Be patient, take what the defense gives you. Short passes, try to establish run game, have variety. Don't run reverses, don't throw deep or over the middle, and don't turn the ball over. Score in the red zone.

On defense: Load up the box to stop the run. Man up on the wideouts. Know where the TEs are and jam them off the line. Don't worry about the deep ball because our OL can't protect the QB long enough to get the pass off.

Don't expect much success on special teams. Michigan's punt return the other night was a complete bonus surprise for them and not the norm. Convert FGs when you get the chance. If you can get four, it will likely be enough points to win.

Safe travels for those going to Orlando. You will likely outnumber Iowa fans by at least 4:1 again.

On offense: Be patient, take what the defense gives you. Short passes, try to establish run game, have variety. Don't run reverses, don't throw deep or over the middle, and don't turn the ball over. Score in the red zone.

On defense: Load up the box to stop the run. Man up on the wideouts. Know where the TEs are and jam them off the line. Don't worry about the deep ball because our OL can't protect the QB long enough to get the pass off.

Don't expect much success on special teams. Michigan's punt return the other night was a complete bonus surprise for them and not the norm. Convert FGs when you get the chance. If you can get four, it will likely be enough points to win.

Safe travels for those going to Orlando. You will likely outnumber Iowa fans by at least 4:1 again.
Want Iowa to beat TN. Easy. Load the box and make Milton beat you with his arm. News Flash... he wont.

How do y'all do against screens?

Welcome to the VN board, Hawk. While my former teaching friend & my neighbors are Iowa fans, I'll hang with my Volunteers. Now answer me this: are Iowa fans really the best tailgaters, as I've been told?

Vols offense has been shut down several times this year. Play ball control and keep-away and you all can certainly win. Hoping we show up to play.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
You think 4 field goals is enough to beat you? lol.

Have you watched any tape of our "vaulted" defense?

Welcome to the VN board, Hawk. While my former teaching friend & my neighbors are Iowa fans, I'll hang with my Volunteers. Now answer me this: are Iowa fans really the best tailgaters, as I've been told?

Love to tailgate. Best? Probably not, but definitely like to have a good time. I don't think many will make the trip though. Too much negativity about the offense. Just not entertaining.

Reactions: feathersax
Read an article earlier that stated that we had only played Iowa in one bowl game. Well guess what I've only been to one bowl game and it was against Iowa. I guess they forgot about the 82 peach bowl.

From what I've seen driving to Disney years ago..... Iowa fans travel.

Thanks!

Went and looked back at my posting history and realized it had been eight years since my last post here. Didn't mean to be such a stranger on a great board.
Is Iowa's QB mobile? Or is he more like the statues last time we played Iowa in Jake Rudock and CJ Beathard?

VN Store

Back