Wanna beat Iowa?

It's easy if you can do a few things...

On offense: Be patient, take what the defense gives you. Short passes, try to establish run game, have variety. Don't run reverses, don't throw deep or over the middle, and don't turn the ball over. Score in the red zone.

On defense: Load up the box to stop the run. Man up on the wideouts. Know where the TEs are and jam them off the line. Don't worry about the deep ball because our OL can't protect the QB long enough to get the pass off.

Don't expect much success on special teams. Michigan's punt return the other night was a complete bonus surprise for them and not the norm. Convert FGs when you get the chance. If you can get four, it will likely be enough points to win.

Safe travels for those going to Orlando. You will likely outnumber Iowa fans by at least 4:1 again.
Number 4 for Iowa is lightning in human form. That kid can move! I've seen enough of Iowa's games this year to know that they are a formidable opponent. Tennessee will need to be prepared and demonstrate the mental maturity that was lacking in the Florida game and the second half of the Alabama game. It will be a good test against a great defense.

Want Iowa to beat TN. Easy. Load the box and make Milton beat you with his arm. News Flash... he wont.
So confident make sure to tell Coach Heupel so he can adjust. The following is in "blue font". Where would these coaches be if we weren't here to help them? On the couch beside us?

Read an article earlier that stated that we had only played Iowa in one bowl game. Well guess what I've only been to one bowl game and it was against Iowa. I guess they forgot about the 82 peach bowl.
Wouldn't use that source again as this will be #4. Was at the Peach bowl where they stopped Alan Cockrell(in a knee brace) from scoring tying td pre extra point attempt. Cold game outside.

Welcome to the VN board, Hawk. While my former teaching friend & my neighbors are Iowa fans, I'll hang with my Volunteers. Now answer me this: are Iowa fans really the best tailgaters, as I've been told?
That award goes to Wisconsin. The rest are pretenders.

Reactions: feathersax
Excited to watch the young defensive backs in this one. Hopefully the defense can do its job and take some of the pressure off Nico.

That award goes to Wisconsin. The rest are pretenders.
I'd have to narrow it down to LSU & Wisconsin, just based on personal observation. We went to Baton Rouge some when Vols were favored over Saban 's Tigers; they won in an upset, but before & after the game their fans were fun & frolic, welcoming us to join them. At the Outback Bowl we parked behind 2 girls in a station wagon who were reading their tailgate: Boone's Farm & vodka. A bit later we came by a huge, long line for "Brats" outside the stadium. Badger fans love their Brats.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I'd have to narrow it down to LSU & Wisconsin, just based on personal observation. We went to Baton Rouge some when Vols were favored over Saban 's Tigers; they won in an upset, but before & after the game their fans were fun & frolic, welcoming us to join them. At the Outback Bowl we parked behind 2 girls in a station wagon who were reading their tailgate: Boone's Farm & vodka. A bit later we came by a huge, long line for "Brats" outside the stadium. Badger fans love their Brats.
I lived in Madison for 20 years. Fell in with a group of guys that were absolute pros at the tailgate. Part of The Wisconsin band would venture to their tailgate and perform along with the gymnastics team after the game. On a couple of occasions I watched a female gymnast do a handstand and shot gun a beer while doing it! Never challenge a Wisconsinite to a drink off. My buds even bought an old ‘bago just to travel between Madison and Green Bay. It really adds something when the badgers and Pack play on the same weekend. There’s even a tiny bar (Jim’s County Line) between the two that is an unofficial rallying point. I met Ron Dayne and his entourage there once.

I lived in Madison for 20 years. Fell in with a group of guys that were absolute pros at the tailgate. Part of The Wisconsin band would venture to their tailgate and perform along with the gymnastics team after the game. On a couple of occasions I watched a female gymnast do a handstand and shot gun a beer while doing it! Never challenge a Wisconsinite to a drink off. My buds even bought an old ‘bago just to travel between Madison and Green Bay. It really adds something when the badgers and Pack play on the same weekend. There’s even a tiny bar (Jim’s County Line) between the two that is an unofficial rallying point. I met Ron Dayne and his entourage there once.
Good stuff! We visited Milwaukee back in 1996 & went to a park where an "accordion festival" was happening. Lots of fun! :cool:

Naw these guys always bring it! The band even has their own bartender on stage pounding shots.

Reactions: tbh
Read an article earlier that stated that we had only played Iowa in one bowl game. Well guess what I've only been to one bowl game and it was against Iowa. I guess they forgot about the 82 peach bowl.
I was there. We lost. I think their QB was named Long. It was fun otherwise.

It's easy if you can do a few things...

On offense: Be patient, take what the defense gives you. Short passes, try to establish run game, have variety. Don't run reverses, don't throw deep or over the middle, and don't turn the ball over. Score in the red zone.

On defense: Load up the box to stop the run. Man up on the wideouts. Know where the TEs are and jam them off the line. Don't worry about the deep ball because our OL can't protect the QB long enough to get the pass off.

Don't expect much success on special teams. Michigan's punt return the other night was a complete bonus surprise for them and not the norm. Convert FGs when you get the chance. If you can get four, it will likely be enough points to win.

Safe travels for those going to Orlando. You will likely outnumber Iowa fans by at least 4:1 again.
You left off scoring 5 points

I was there. We lost. I think their QB was named Long. It was fun otherwise.
Chuck Long. First player to play in 5 bowl games. He really took off after the 82 season and had a great career there. If I recall, he even had them at #1 for a time a year or two later.

VN Store

Back