War in Ukraine

Yes but what about the rest of his post? How long do we keep financing the Ukrainian war effort? What if Russia takes Ukraine and doesn't attack the Baltics?
Look down one post from yours. You really think he’s asking “Honest questions”? Go read that link I posted earlier to bham

Look down one post from yours. You really think he’s asking “Honest questions”? Go read that link I posted earlier to bham

It's the same basic questions Bham was asking and whether he put his own commentary on them or not is immaterial.

On top of that, it appears likely that Russia is preparing a devastating offensive with massive amounts of men, tanks, armored personnel carriers, artillery, helicopters, drones and fixed-wing aircraft.

This Russian army is not the same army that invaded Ukraine a year ago. It’s much better trained, led and equipped. It’s learned from the mistakes it made during its initial invasion last February. Ukraine shouldn’t expect them to repeat those mistakes.

Does all this mean I’m cheering on a Russian victory in Ukraine? No, I’m just observing the facts on the ground and consolidating them to perform an objective analysis.

In some ways, this is much like the USA in our Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. We made a huge number of mistakes initially but those who made it through the fire became far more dangerous soldiers. Our manuals were re-written, field tactics updated and overall they became better war fighters. My concern is that is what is happening with the Russians now. Yes, it is costly, but it was actually better for them to have stayed complacently incompetent.

On top of that, it appears likely that Russia is preparing a devastating offensive with massive amounts of men, tanks, armored personnel carriers, artillery, helicopters, drones and fixed-wing aircraft.

This Russian army is not the same army that invaded Ukraine a year ago. It’s much better trained, led and equipped. It’s learned from the mistakes it made during its initial invasion last February. Ukraine shouldn’t expect them to repeat those mistakes.

Does all this mean I’m cheering on a Russian victory in Ukraine? No, I’m just observing the facts on the ground and consolidating them to perform an objective analysis.

In some ways, this is much like the USA in our Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts. We made a huge number of mistakes initially but those who made it through the fire became far more dangerous soldiers. Our manuals were re-written, field tactics updated and overall they became better war fighters. My concern is that is what is happening with the Russians now. Yes, it is costly, but it was actually better for them to have stayed complacently incompetent.

Yeah, not believing for 1 second the Russian Army has miraculously upped it's training and equipment in 3-4 months.

Reactions: AM64 and tvolsfan
It's the same basic questions Bham was asking and whether he put his own commentary on them or not is immaterial.
Go read the link please. And there have been media questions to Blinken I’ve seen at least regarding the Budapest Memorandum. His response? Ambiguous. On purpose. Just like the agreement. But I absolutely think it’s right to press for sure.

If Ukraine loses the war, will the US send troops to Ukraine to push Russia out to keep Russia from invading other NATO countries as Zalensky implies they will?

If Ukraine loses, does Zalensky expect/ask for direct US intervention?

If Ukraine loses and Biden does nothing/no intervention, does that mean Biden had no real plan all along and the US has flushed 100 billion dollars (and growing) down the toilet?

If this war continues on for another year or 2 or longer, should the US pour an endless amount of money into it, especially if there is no plan to directly intervene and send US troops to Ukraine if Ukraine loses?

What is Biden's endgame plan if Ukraine loses the war or even if Russia takes firm control of the eastern half of Ukraine and will not concede it back to Ukraine? Will the war end with Russia keeping half of Ukraine and Biden does nothing? Russia keeping half of Ukraine a "win" in Biden's book?

Inquiring minds want to know.
What the people in here want and the people in Washington want is for this to drag out as long as possible, without escalating to direct US intervention, and to make this a conflict that drains Russia of resources and energy in the same way Vietnam was for us or Afghanistan was for us and them. The problem that these people simply do not want to acknowledge is that it is not Russia being drained of resources and energy, but NATO/EU.

Also, they have no problem encouraging the Ukrainians to fight a war they cannot win against a country with more men and equipment that can easily fight a sustained war of attrition. They are using the Ukrainians as cannon fodder to achieve a geostrategic objective. It has nothing to do with wanting to liberate Ukraine or Ukrainian sovereignty. Ukraine lost its sovereignty in 2014 when the Obama State Department orchestrated a coup in Kyiv and destabilized a country bordering Russia.

"to the last drop of Ukrainian blood"

Biden should have not talked about Ukraine joining NATO.
This right here is the 30 year problem that many in here refuse to acknowledge.

Do I think that Ukraine has the right to want to join NATO? Yes.

But the responsibility rests with NATO (if they are really a defensive alliance) on whether it would be wise to accept them into NATO. Just like the US would have legitimate security concerns if the Chinese or Russians began arming and training an army in Mexico or Cuba, it is to be expected that China and Russia should have their same security concerns recognized.

So now, we are in a position where the US and it's hubris will have this decision made for them by Russia instead of coming to this reasonable outcome on their own and with $100+ billion staying here at home.

You're playing up the disinformation. His full statement was that American sons and daughters would fight in Europe again if Ukraine loses because Russia will then move against NATO.
Not much different. The point is still that he is suggesting that American boots on the ground will need to save Europe.

But again, you guys keep telling me that Ukraine is winning and that Poland or the UK could make quick work of these lousy Ruskies. Why are we even having to consider American boots on the ground when Ukraine, Poland and the UK can handle this?

Reactions: DonjoVol
"The average lifespan on the frontline of the fierce fighting in the city of Bakhmut is "four hours," according to an American fighting side by side with the Ukrainian army against Russian forces in the Donbas."
'Nonstop shelling': Former US Marine in Bakhmut, Ukraine, says fighting is 'chaotic'

This doesnt look pretty - I mean, I dont believe anything either sides media says but this is from an American retired Marine who is fighting in Bakhmut for Ukraine.

Ukraine cannot win this war (unless a larger ally actively engages on the ground or air) but they can deny Russia a victory for a long time - but Russia will win if it remains dedicated for a few years.

The thing that saddens me is that as this keeps dragging on, there will be nothing left and the few people who are left will be in a wasteland.

"The average lifespan on the frontline of the fierce fighting in the city of Bakhmut is "four hours," according to an American fighting side by side with the Ukrainian army against Russian forces in the Donbas."
'Nonstop shelling': Former US Marine in Bakhmut, Ukraine, says fighting is 'chaotic'

This doesnt look pretty - I mean, I dont believe anything either sides media says but this is from an American retired Marine who is fighting in Bakhmut for Ukraine.

Ukraine cannot win this war (unless a larger ally actively engages on the ground or air) but they can deny Russia a victory for a long time - but Russia will win if it remains dedicated for a few years.

The thing that saddens me is that as this keeps dragging on, there will be nothing left and the few people who are left will be in a wasteland.
As long as the West continues to send arms, the war will drag on. So by sending more arms, we are only delaying the inevitable and not changing the outcome. Plus, we are dragging ourselves and the Europeans down in the process.

The average person that supports this conflict is virtue signaling and the real people in DC, London and Brussels are trying to achieve some failed and flawed geostrategic objective.

Reactions: C/O
As long as the West continues to send arms, the war will drag on. So by sending more arms, we are only delaying the inevitable and not changing the outcome. Plus, we are dragging ourselves and the Europeans down in the process.

The average person that supports this conflict is virtue signaling and the real people in DC, London and Brussels are trying to achieve some failed and flawed geostrategic objective.
You know the bald dwarf could end this today but for some reason you keep ignoring that and plead for the rape victim to just stop resisting you disingenuous troll. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: AM64

The hope is that the Russian people finally get enough of their sons dying. Eventually Putin will have to start tapping the Moscow area for manpower and when the Muscovites start losing sons and husbands I think we'll see some real public unrest.

FqH3jwdWwAEqOAX

VN Store

Back