War in Ukraine

Never trust diplomats and their weasel words. Even presidential promises are lacking if congress cuts off funding as the Vietnamese soon found out. There's no honesty or integrity when politicians and "diplomats" enter the room - trust them at your own expense or often to your own demise.
I haven't seen the US use diplomacy since 1991. And even then, April Glaspie botched it up and made Saddam think it was OK to invade Kuwait in 1990.

If the Egyptians were lining up military assets near Gaza or the Syrians were doing the same near Golan Heights, what would Israel do?

Attack them of course but they have reason since Egypt and Syria has invaded Israel more than once. No NATO nation has ever invaded Russia, as a matter of fact Russia hasn't been invaded since the creation of NATO.

There are a lot of "what ifs" available. I don't see Russia marching immediately on anybody should Ukraine fall. I could see Putin eventually going after other old Soviet pieces that are not now part of NATO in an attempt to consolidate resources and power. With a Russia resembling more the old Soviet Union I could see them beginning to nibble at the old pieces that are now part of NATO. There are a ton of what if's there, though. What if the Pootin legacy dies and nobody wants to follow the path he started? What if all the little pieces he would gobble up turn into insurgencies? What if the rest of the world absolutely shuns Russian aggression and refuses any trade or other means of support, what power would an isolated Russia have? Imagine the access to the Black Sea and to St Petersburg closed. Would Russia die, or be a caged and mostly toothless tiger? Would we cower in fear of Russian nukes, and do nothing. Lots and lots of "what ifs". What might China do with an impotent Russia and a world of resources next door?
I guess you were one of those Cold War suckers that bought into the old Domino Theory with regards to China and Vietnam. Or maybe bought into the War on Terror narrative of fighting them over there so we don't have to fight them here. Now it looks like you are buying into the newest false narrative (based on a deliberate misinterpretation of what Putin said) that Putin is wanting to rebuild the Soviet Union.

You know damn well its different than what your passing it off as.

Maybe not. Ras is riddled with self loathing for his own country ... we think his own country. Obviously the US to Ras is the most despicable country in history; we even began as a belligerent power by declaring war on the British Empire ... and haven't stopped invading anybody and everybody since according to Ras and friends.

If the Egyptians were lining up military assets near Gaza or the Syrians were doing the same near Golan Heights, what would Israel do?

I would assume the Israelis would prepare to kick some Arab butts as usual. You do know Israel took the Golan Heights in the first place because people were up there lobbing artillery down on Israel?

Reactions: NorthDallas40
Remember Germany's domination of the EU? In regards to Italy, Greece, Brexit etc or any oversight of the EU.
Now it is Germany go sit at the kid table.

VN Store

Back